SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was DUMAS not RAPHAEL FGS... Did you play story mode in SC5?
I did, and Dumas is a pseudonym that Soul Edge came up with to use while possessing Raphael's body. I've also read New Legends of Project Soul which corroborates what is fairly obvious. Dumas as well as Nightmare himself is voiced by Charles Klausmeyer in English and Yasunori Masutani in Japanese, which are the same voice actors who play Raphael. Nightmare has Raphael's height in his bio (again, New Legends of Project Soul), where he always had Siegfried's height before. Nightmare's armor has a bat motif, and his stage, Denevér Castle, is Hungarian for Bat Castle. Raphael, the vampire, is very much associative with bats. If you de-mask Nightmare in customization, you can clearly see Raphael's face. Nightmare has a unique victory animation when defeating Viola (Amy) where he writhes in pain, and Raphael has a unique dialogue with Voldo "Now guardian, begone!", and Voldo served as a guardian for Dumas.

Real question because idk how game development works, but is balancing like the last thing they do? Or is it done throughout the game?

Depends on the game really, some series will focus on balance above all else but others will make sure everything works the way it should and is fun for release then wait for the players to find the oversights.

Often the last thing done (other than bugfixes) from what I know is additional cosmetics like extra costumes and such. You don't need extra costumes and weapons and customisation to have the game work, so that's left until later on when the art team has finished all the the main important stuff and has free time to do whatever.

It was DUMAS not RAPHAEL FGS... Did you play story mode in SC5?

giphy.gif

Man, those Famitsu screenshots.. the game is so beautiful. Everything looks super sharp and crisp, and the lighting is amazing.

Physics also seems to be quite a lot better than T7's despite the games using the same engine, which is good to see.

That's awesome, but now I need a confirmation for Siegfried alone.

I am also worried that so far we have not seen any alt costumes but just recolors. That's lazy. I know it is just an early cut build but they could at least give us an official confirmation on that regard too. It would be infuriating if they are planning to sell the costumes as DLCs.

They should at least give us some explanations.

Last edited:
And now a tweet RE: Kilik and "Omega" Kilik:
So Kilik's life drains while he's in his evil form, and he goes back to his regular form once damage is inflicted while in SoulCharge? Very interesting and unique! I hope the rest of the cast can receive character-exclusive properties during their SoulCharge.

@5:02 it looks like Xianghua has a new stance/transition after the fake?
@5:47 Okay, it's definitely a new stance/transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back