SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The community needs to be vocal not one guy. They want to know if a lot of people want one thing, not if one person wants one thing a lot.
Isn't that what we're suggesting? That we all speak up?

Who's this one guy you're talking about?

Online training mode should come before team battle. Hopefully it's stressed that way
I'd rather see people push for Team Battle. Since we have a PC version, it should be doable to mod in a basic online training mode. Modding in Team Battle wouldn't nearly as easy though.

I don't think we'll get a February reveal, which is fine, as long as we get Cassandra for the next reveal
Fixed.

I’m still assuming this is the reveal priority knowing previous games: Ivy-Taki-Maxi-Voldo-Astaroth. Those are most likely the next five with a possible II-III character somewhere between Elvis and Gollum in fetish wear.

I'd rather see people push for Team Battle. Since we have a PC version, it should be doable to mod in a basic online training mode. Modding in Team Battle wouldn't nearly as easy though.

Fixed.

Exactly how many mods are there for Tekken 7 that add game modes? Not all PC games are made by Bethesda, friend.

As it stands there isn't a single mod in the vein of what you just described for any fighting game, so you may not wish to count that egg before it is hatched.

Exactly how many mods are there for Tekken 7 that add game modes? Not all PC games are made by Bethesda, friend.

As it stands there isn't a single mod in the vein of what you just described for any fighting game, so you may not wish to count that egg before it is hatched.
There would more mods for Tekken 7 if there was a bigger modding community for it. Even without official modding tools, you can do quite a bit of stuff. In the case of online training mode, you can get a basic one working by disabling the timer and preventing player health reaching from 0. As long as there's no anti-cheat (I don't think I've seen a fighting game with one), that should be an easy mod to make.

There would more mods for Tekken 7 if there was a bigger modding community for it. Even without official modding tools, you can do quite a bit of stuff. In the case of online training mode, you can get a basic one working by disabling the timer and preventing player health reaching from 0. As long as there's no anti-cheat (I don't think I've seen a fighting game with one), that should be an easy mod to make.

Steam has VAC. There's no way you wouldn't get banned.

(edit: it also goes without saying that it's illegal)

Last edited:
Does Tekken use VAC though? It is optional.

Bamco set a pretty hard precident with Dark Souls 2. They softbanned the shit out of people for using mods. Whether they choose to use VAC or not, they have made their stance clear.

Leaving this in the hands of modders won't cut it.

Steam has VAC. There's no way you wouldn't get banned.

(edit: it also goes without saying that it's illegal)
Tekken 7 doesn't have VAC so chances are high SC6 won't have it either, and while modding exists in a gray area it's extremely rare publishers try to actively prevent modding.

Since fighting games tend to use a form of netcode which assumes that everything plays out the same on each client if input is the same they kinda have a native form of anti-cheat. If the game goes out of sync, then the match can't proceed (I assume you'll get disconnected) so gameplay-changing mods will only function if both clients have the exact same mods. So with that in mind, I don't think Namco has any reason to worry about mods being harmful. Unless they're Koei-Tecmo and demand modders only make mods with "good morals."

Instead of online training, they could give old versus options, like no timer and infinite health? No need for a whole new mode, just some options and voilà, just like training!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back