SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
■ Project Soul and Bandai Namco specifically don't want some kind of Lost Swords situation to happen again and want a closer connection to the community.
They are wanting to see what real fans of the series want, and are trying not to confuse the demands of random people that played a or Soul Calibur games when they were younger but just lost interest and would never buy a Soul Calibur game otherwise.
Basically, they're tuning out the ludicrous demands.
The problem is they might be having issues differentiating things like Team Battle as what long term, real fans desire with what the fans they're tuning out want. So, if you want things like Team Battle and other things they ditched that were on SC1, II, and III that helped with the "soul" of what older Soul Calibur games were, I can't stress enough to please be vocal and come together to let them know what you want.

That's great better support for SCVI is always better. You made my day. I'll tell Project Soul to nerf Xianghua's 4A+B, 2A+B, & 6A+B so they won't cause Lethal Hit on aGI unless it's in Soul Charge Mode because I feel those aGIs are so good with X's damage & countering ALL Horizontals + ALL High & Mid Verticals leading to Lethal Hit on aGI.

Xianghua aGI Lethal Hits

4A+B(I haven't seen the the Lethal Hit, but read it cause Lethal Hit via aGI)

Translation by Flying Wonkey
http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2018/1/29/basic-soul-calibur-6-gameplay-characters-guide.html

2018-02-26_1010.png

2A+B

4A+B(Lethal Hit).gif

6A+B
6A+B.gif

6A+B2.gif

Example - Nightmare's A+B only causes Lethal Hit in Soul Charge Mode after a Revenge aGI.

A+B Revenge aGI

A+B.gif

A+B Revenge aGI Soul Charge Mode(Lethal Hit)

Nightmare A+B Revenge Lethal Hit Soul Charge Mode.gif

Dear Namco mole:

Dark Skin Woman - YES PLEASE.
Team Battle Mode - YES PLEASE.
Reversal Edge Deactivation Option - YES PLEASE.
Weapon Master or similar Mode - YES PLEASE.

I agree with all options except RE deactivation because as of now the 3rd hit of Mitsu's BBB has RE builted in & Xianghua's 22_88B+K B is RE built in.

Mitsu BBB

Mitsu BBB.gif

Xianghua 22_88BB

22_88B+K.gif

The nerfs that GI & RE should get is that they shouldn't counter throws, and counter all Hit levels simultaneously. Give GI 4G to GI lows & Give RE 2B+G to counter lows. RE meter gain on the attack phase should get 1/8 meter instead of 1/4 meter. If the input lag on PS4 is better than Tekken 7 at launch, the GI window need to be shorter because it's too long.

GI Window

GI Window.gif

RE Meter Gain

22_88B+K.gif

I think one of the more important messages we want to get across to Namco is stated in this tweet. We can all want different things but I think we can all agree that we want them to keep supporting the game. Let's get that message out there by retweeting this. As much as I want Team Battle back and an online training mode (which I think are both nothing but beneficial to the competitive community and those looking to get competitive) I think the most important message we can give them is that we're here for the long haul and we hope that they are planning the same.

Getting classic characters back is great, but post launch support should be better in SCVI because in SCIV, Project Soul didn't fix Doom Combo in SCIV, but fixed it in SCIV:BD for the PSP. SCV got no more patches since April 2012. Hiring Decopon on the balance team is a great start. Soul Calibur should get the Tekken balance treatment from now on because SC is just as important to Namco as Tekken. Look at NRS games they have enough support before the next Mortal Kombat or Injustice is announced.

Hey, just wanted to say the so called 'leaker' is making stuff up. lol. Don't trust everything you see on the internet.

And no, I'm not going to go into this further. Please look forward to SOULCALIBUR VI! :D

Let's hope Cervantes is in the base game just like Zas.

Last edited:
Hey, just wanted to say the so called 'leaker' is making stuff up. lol. Don't trust everything you see on the internet.

And no, I'm not going to go into this further. Please look forward to SOULCALIBUR VI! :D
If this guy is actually from Namco, he confirmed leaks more than he denied. After all, Vergeben did say they're paying attention to everything, right?

It's unbelievably inspiring to hear the developers are interested in our opinions. As to mine:

- I don't care much about skin color, but please don't make girls muscular. That's one of the main reasons I don't like/play Street Fighter. SoulCalibur has always been different as far as this aspect is concerned, which I've always appreciated. And yeah, it would be nice if SCVI had females like those in Black Panther.

- Half swording looks brutal. Not my kinda thing, but could be a fun experiment and would stress a realistic part of SC which it has been lacking for quite a while.

- Gameplay looks absolutely fascinating. I love both GI and RE so far. Nothing is really spammed, everything's punishable and makes you think. Amazing. Slow motion is gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't mind to have another dark skinned character but the way how I read it felt as if they are trying to hard to add something that would attract a specific crowd of people (mainly sjws)

I remember when they revealed her she did cause a lot of hype. Though, when the game got released some people did dislike her for being a shitty unit and people tend to forget her.

Yeah I agree that they are trying to cater to a crowd but it isn't SJWs, it's people who enjoy dark playing/looking at tanned muscular girls, and that's fine. I mean I enjoy cowboys so I like Erron Black in MKX and McCree in Overwatch. SJWs will get mad at Ivy or even Sophie's boobs, there's no appeasing them so they should be ignored.

And yeah I went the Conquest Route so I didn't even get her as a unit,, but hey she's there.

Wait... So that means Namco isn't listening to us afterall? D':

There's no hope for Team Battle mode? We're getting Patroklos instead of Cassandra?!

Can you tell Okubo "Really Amazing People Have Always Enough Love, Supposedly Over Really Exquisite Left-handed (people)" please? :3

And yes, I've spent way too much time on that.

I’d rather have DLC Viola if they’re really the same person. Honestly don’t see the appeal in Amy beyond being a loli. She could be scrapped to improve Raphael.

Another aside I have is maybe Jacker will just be a CaS used within the story.

The funny thing is they already tried that in SCV and.... Yeah he still s*cked. I really don't know why is it that hard to them to make him as good as Amy was in SCIV

I really don't think you guys understand what Vergeben meant, or maybe you do I don't know. But tanned and muscular go hand in hand in the context of what he talked about, they had an archetype in mind I believe.

Edit: This is mainly directed at people thinking of Talim as dark skinned (she is but that isn't the point). Talim is cute and childlike and they (I believe) tried to go for something else.

I really don't think you guys understand what Vergeben meant, or maybe you do I don't know. But tanned and muscular go hand in hand in the context of what he talked about, they had an archetype in mind I believe.

Edit: This is mainly directed at people thinking of Talim as dark skinned (she is but that isn't the point). Talim is cute and childlike and they (I believe) tried to go for something else.
Now I have an image in my head of Talim being re-introduced as a really tanned, large, muscular character.

"Go with the wind!" Talim says as she picks up the opponent and throws them off the stage.

Wow a lot happened while I was asleep lol, First of all so is this leak true or not since higher on this page someone said that the leaker was lying?...

Anyway going on for the sake of it believing that this leak is true first of all so there's actually people looking through forums to see what the fans want, So hello Project Soul spy. :P

And this idea for a muscular dark skinned female character? That sounds really cool, It sucks If they weren't able to make it work and she won't be in. :( and not only that but that means there won't be a single new female character for this game..Also one thing is them getting the idea from a hentai is not good.. :I And an "archetype".. I don't really like the idea of it needing to be considered It's completely own archetype maybe it's cause the muscular part too but still. Anyway though yeah that sounds awesome so I hope they add her, I have confidence that Project Soul would make her moveset cool and depending on her country of origin based on her dark skin there's so many things they can choose from from what she wears to what her weapon will be.

Here are some of my thoughts :

First off regarding the passed-over dark skinned female character - I would like to believe that neither aesthetic nor gameplay precedes the other when it comes to the primary conceptualisation of a character. I don't believe that the designer's first initial thought is "we need quick sweeping low mixups because we don't have characters with lots of those" because how can they think of those without first considering their weapon? And realistically, how can they consider their weapon (unless it is a supernatural fighting style like Algol, Viola and Z.W.E.I) without also considering their culture and nationality? This is why I don't believe that a "dark skinned female" was a concept just for the sake of diversity or even to fetishise the character for the men and women who have a thing for dark women. I think it was solely just for the fighting style and overall origins of the way that character would have to be portrayed. It would be dumb to whitewash a poc's culture like that.

I'm definitely in full support of this potential dark skinned character. I've said before that I'd love a regal Indian princess who wears a veil to conceal her identity since she's conceded her royal status and run away from the palace to learn martial arts. An older, egyptian woman who's an expert in whatever fighting style they wish to give her would also be a great idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
This. Is that your tweet btw?

I would actually really love to see scv ivy default made it in the game. Or at least something similar.
Yeah, no. This is a tweet by the great and venerable Shen Chan. One of the most respected people in the community who is part of one of the most respected groups in the community. I unfortunately can't tweet or show any kind of presence on social media as it would make my life a bit more difficult with people I'd rather avoid. It's why I'm constantly begging people to do what I'm not able to.

Since I brought that up I'd like to implore people once again to reach out to these people. Sure ask them for whatever you want (i.e. Team Battle, Online practice mode, a certain character or CaS, etc.) but make sure to include that you are wanting assurances that Namco is going to support the series for the long haul. It's in all of our best interests, casual or competitive, to make sure this is the case.

For those of you wanting to or already have posted their wish lists you can do it here: https://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcalibur-6-wishlist-and-spam-support.19413/ Those of you who already posted here can move their post thread there sometime today. If not moved by this evening it will be deleted. Thank you.

Just wondering what counts as "wishlist" and what doesn't. In my post at least, I stuck to discussing the supposed leak of a scrapped character, and the potential for legacy game modes returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back