SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn Markman just killed our god :(

I THINK (and hope) that Markman was referring to the guy who said Cervantes would be DLC and such, and not Vergeben. If he was referring to Verge then damn... We got played (and Verge is an asshole).

EDIT: To be honest though I have no idea who Markman is and why him saying the leaker is fake automatically makes it gospel but everyone else instantly believed him so I assumed he had confirmed connections of his own.
Personally I still think Verge is legit, but if he isn't then that's really not cool.

Markman was talking about the "ex Namco employee" as the new source. Vergeben said he didn't trust the new source compaired to all the other leaks that were spot on.

I think you all are forgetting this game has been on Namco's table for over 3 years. Most of the decisions character wise are probably already made with DLC and such being only the last steps, I doubt there will be a lot more new characters if you consider they are actively trying to bank on nostalgia, 2 new characters is probably the most we will get.

Also, ever since the announcement there are people asking to be delayed, dude this game has basically being build in a slow burn kinda of way, they probably wanna introduce it this year because it is another main series they got.

What of Vergeben's main guy's 'leaks' are actually confirmed proper info though? Most of what I've seen is is either basic speculation everybody guessed (saying Zasalamel will probably be in the game isn't a leak guys, come on) or is yet to be confirmed in any fashion (like the Groh's dad thing which everyone apparently now takes as fact), but I never saw much of the early stuff.

Hey, just wanted to say the so called 'leaker' is making stuff up. lol. Don't trust everything you see on the internet.

And no, I'm not going to go into this further. Please look forward to SOULCALIBUR VI! :D
Hi, MarkMan. It's nice to see you around here. ;)

And ok that should kill the "former Bandai Namco employee leak" thing dead. Thanks for that. :D

What of Vergeben's main guy's 'leaks' are actually confirmed proper info though? Most of what I've seen is is either basic speculation everybody guessed (saying Zasalamel will probably be in the game isn't a leak guys, come on) or is yet to be confirmed in any fashion (like the Groh's dad thing which everyone apparently now takes as fact), but I never saw much of the early stuff.
You weren't around for all my very specific and confirmed details about Grøh (the only two things still not confirmed is that he's outright Kilik's rival in the story and that Grøh's dad is also in the game and playable, but everything else I was told and leaked has been, even his voice actors) prior to his reveal even being teased at the end of the game's announcement trailer or that Soul Charge would now be a V-Trigger like mechanic, were you?

Last edited by a moderator:
What were those details specifically? If it's just Groh and the soul charge thing then I'd imagine it's like the Paul Gale situation back in Playstation All Stars where the source played an early test build and guessed on the rest.

I say we arrange a boxing match between MarkMan and Vergeben. The winner will determine who is right.
They're not on opposite sides.

Markman would have specifically called out "Vergeben" as bullshit rather than just an unidentified "leaker" (At least thats how I interpreted his msg)
Also, we can decide for ourseslves given the track records as evidenced in the length of this thread.

Lastly, things could still change in the future, and a solid leak may end up not coming true due to persistent and vocal (and polite) community requests

Last edited:
Community feedback sounds too good to be true in my opinion.

Already know that at least 75% of the roster is shown before showing CAS, but leakers only talk about characters.

Markman would have specifically called out "Vergeban" as bullshit rather than just an unidentified "leaker" (At least thats how I interpreted his msg)
Also, we can decide for ourseslves given the track records as evidenced in the length of this thread.

Lastly, things could still change in the future, and a solid leak may end up not coming true due to persistent and vocal (and polite) community requests

This is what I thought exactly but to be fair if you think something is spurious no matter who says it just don't believe it. Even Namco themselves could say something and then not do it for example, they certainly wouldn't be the first.

That way you won't set yourself up for disappointment if it really doesn't happen and if it does you'll be pleasantly surprised... Unless you actually were hoping it was in fact spurious in which case I suspect there's no helping you there.

I THINK (and hope) that Markman was referring to the guy who said Cervantes would be DLC and such, and not Vergeben. If he was referring to Verge then damn... We got played (and Verge is an asshole).

I can't imagine a staple character like Cervantes being DLC. They'll probably save that for the more obscure characters like Hilde, Hwang and such.

The problem is that MarkMan was ridiculously vague in his post, and never bothered to clarify what, or who he was talking about so of course people will assume. Can you blame them?

There's only one "leaker" on this forum.

For people going "who is Markman"

Markman is an admin over at Tekken Zaibatsu which I shouldnt have to explain if you've been a veteran SC fan. Not only that but he is or was as some point a part of the inflation of the EVO fighting game championships and a community manager and consultant for Razer. Markman has his hand in all things Namco, he is one of the top guys regarding the workings and construction of FG community organization, and a liaison between companies and the fans. He would be the Chief of Staff or Press Secretary if you called the fighting game community a presidency. Markman is the reason we had Tekken 7 machines in the US that were only able to run off an asian internet network previously. Markman is why Tekken scene never died in the US. Markman is why there were console Tekken 7 tournaments before Tekken 7 was on console. Of course there are lots of other people who have contributed but he is a fixture in the entire movement.

Long story short, Markman knows everything that we are speculating about right now. I wouldnt be surprised if he is internally consulting on the game with Namco currently.

Last edited:
The problem is that MarkMan was ridiculously vague in his post, and never bothered to clarify what, or who he was talking about so of course people will assume. Can you blame them?

There's only one "leaker" on this forum.
Not really. There were others, but @Vergeben has our attention because most of what he says happens. Also, he isn't technically the leaker, he just shares info, his sources are the leakers.

I still think they'll do packs, like for example the Koreans Pack with Hwang, Seong Mi-na, and Yun-seong or the Femme Fatale Pack with Setsuka, Amy, and Hilde. That way, there will be at least one character in the pack that you love and you'll be forced to buy the bundle even if you don't care for one of the others. Like for the first, Hwang fans will buy it, Seong Mi-na fans will buy it, and Yun-seong fans will buy it, you'll get money from several angles.

The point of DLCs is to generate more revenue. So, who would sell more Cervantes or Hilde?

You sure are right about that one... so technically they should sell Talim since she made it up 1st and is the one people want the most apparently, with Taki :p (Just imagining the rage, people being like hey the popularity poll was a set up to know what character to put as DLC xD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back