SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilde obscure character? You sick?
Well I don't think he is completely wrong because people mostly choose female characters if they are "waifu material" (no offense to ppl choosing them for other reasons) and Hilde is really far from that. For this i don't think they would make much money by making her DLC and wouldn't be surprised if they would cancel her being DLC as well. Even though i want to see her back as a base character more than anything

Hmm, Astaroth and Maxi next maybe?

32b1e378a20f65ca57804852b3a4cd10.png

I still think they'll do packs, like for example the Koreans Pack with Hwang, Seong Mi-na, and Yun-seong or the Femme Fatale Pack with Setsuka, Amy, and Hilde. That way, there will be at least one character in the pack that you love and you'll be forced to buy the bundle even if you don't care for one of the others. Like for the first, Hwang fans will buy it, Seong Mi-na fans will buy it, and Yun-seong fans will buy it, you'll get money from several angles.
This is what I hope for personally but I feel like they won't do that :/

It'd be cool to have diversity with the female characters. I see no reason why we cant have a dark muscular woman.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused on the way soul charge works. Does each character have a different effect?

Last edited:
It'd be cool to have diversity with the female characters. I see no reason why we cant a dark muscular woman.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused on the way soul charge works. Does each character have a different effect?
Its a bit like V trigger from SFV, a powered up state on a time limit. The start up animation seems to be universal except for Zas. Everyone's has a knockback effect while Zas' pulls you in. It gives you access to new moves while in SC and a lot of moves get guard break properties. Oh and your moves do chip damage on block as well.

Last edited:
The point of DLCs is to generate more revenue. So, who would sell more Cervantes or Hilde?

That is true, but I'm mostly going by what other fighting games have done. Like in Mortal Kombat they've had Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Tremor and Triborg, Rain and Kenshi as DLC even though none of them are hugely popular. It'd make more sense to have Scorpion or Reptile as DLC but they'd never do that.

You sure are right about that one... so technically they should sell Talim since she made it up 1st and is the one people want the most apparently, with Taki :p (Just imagining the rage, people being like hey the popularity poll was a set up to know what character to put as DLC xD)

Oh boy I think Namco would have a riot on their hands if they did that. :p

That is true, but I'm mostly going by what other fighting games have done. Like in Mortal Kombat they've had Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Tremor and Triborg, Rain and Kenshi as DLC even though none of them are hugely popular. It'd make more sense to have Scorpion or Reptile as DLC but they'd never do that.
Tremor was new and a ninja(a classic thing in the series), Tanya was an NPC that actually fought, which triggered the curiosity of many, Triborg compiles three very popular characters (and Cyber Sub-Zero), Rain was DLC literally because of a poll made by NRS and Kenshi was, by far, the most popular character from the PS2 era. The only questionable character is Bo'Rai Cho, who is outright hated by the community.

Ever consider they could be spreading disinformation, perhaps they want to cover themselves against controversy or perhaps they're deliberately stirring it up to increase interest, maybe a little of both... Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back