SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unpopular opinion here: Geralt looks terrible. He looks very dull next to the rest of the SC cast, doesn't help that the base look is that of the cheapest, most basic, possibly ugliest armor in the Witcher 3.

I like his addition because he ideally fits the game very well, but he looks so out of place as he is: they really need to remodel it, add details, tweak proportions etc... He almost looks like a fan made mod right now.

test.gif

All the video looks like WIP, but the super move rock.

*yawns* What is it with you people and insisting your characters 'fit' whatever you think that means... Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'fantasy'? The only limit to what fits is what the developer can make fit in THEIR game and insisting on what 'fits' in your opinion hamstrings the developer and they're even going along with it and effectively hamstringing themselves now too... Who cares as long as the game is good and how are devs going to make it good as long as they're so busy hamstringing themselves to deal with fans actively trying their best to hamstring their efforts too? It's their game to make isn't it? Well I hope you're happy.

And for the record I don't think there's much crossover between the two series, I don't think people who like SoulCalibur will get into Witcher and I don't think people who like Witcher will get into SoulCalibur, at least the Star Wars characters and perhaps even Ezio had that going for them for me at least, I loved Assassin's Creed 2 and Force Unleashed as well as the SoulCaliburs as both games had something the other didn't but were still similar enough to make it worth trying both for an added perspective on the characters... Well except Ezio, I liked SC5 for what it got right but Ezio was not one of those things in my opinion. When it came to him I stuck with his own game and played SC5 for SC5.

I have never played a Witcher game on the other hand... But I don't think I speak for everyone and only time will tell what really happens.

I thought it might have just been me, but I watched that trailer and few times over already and it somehow makes the game look the roughest it has been and looked so far.
I really do think Geralt is either not in a development spot of being a finished character (hence the focus on cinematic fluff as opposed to gameplay), his stage is not done (which is very possible since aspects like the lighting and color filtering just looked off), or a mix of both.
I think it is because they are doing their own design of the character, The Witcher style is more detailed and less anime-esque, so maybe is due to him being adapted to look closer to SC general style

*yawns* What is it with you people and insisting your characters 'fit' whatever you think that means... Do you not understand the meaning of the word 'fantasy'? The only limit to what fits is what the developer can make fit in THEIR game and insisting on what 'fits' in your opinion hamstrings the developer and they're even going along with it and effectively hamstringing themselves now too... Who cares as long as the game is good and how are devs going to make it good as long as they're so busy hamstringing themselves to deal with fans actively trying their best to hamstring their efforts too? It's their game to make isn't it? Well I hope you're happy.

And for the record I don't think there's much crossover between the two series, I don't think people who like SoulCalibur will get into Witcher and I don't think people who like Witcher will get into SoulCalibur, at least the Star Wars characters and perhaps even Ezio had that going for them for me at least, I loved Assassin's Creed 2 and Force Unleashed as well as the SoulCaliburs as both games had something the other didn't but were still similar enough to make it worth trying both for an added perspective on the characters... Well except Ezio, I liked SC5 for what it got right but Ezio was not one of those things in my opinion. When it came to him I stuck with his own game and played SC5 for SC5.

I have never played a Witcher game on the other hand... But I don't think I speak for everyone and only time will tell what really happens.
Who was to say they didn’t want Geralt regardless of what you think people were trying to super impose on the game?

And the point of guests in SC is that there is no crossover. They want to get people who wouldn’t play these games in.

Harry Potter is a fantasy. If JK Rowling suddenly added aliens and spaceships to the series, it will look out of place without context (even with context tbh). And just because the developer decides to do something, that doesn't mean it's a good idea *looks at Shadow of War Microtransations*

Ah, how could I forget that one of the main plot points of TW3 happened to be time travel and dimension hopping. Of course Geralt is perfect for the series.

Kind of wish they included less choppy gameplay shots because it’s a little hard to distinguish what exactly he’s doing in the video aside from his CE. Also, TW3 is a beautiful game but he looks like literal clay in the SC engine compared to the actual game. I hope they fix that for release, or at least make him look like he wasn’t ripped from the source game and modded into SCVI.

Who was to say they didn’t want Geralt regardless of what you think people were trying to super impose on the game?

And the point of guests in SC is that there is no crossover. They want to get people who wouldn’t play these games in.

Who's to say that? The devs of course and they're indeed saying it I just don't feel it's entirely true, I'm sure they're making the best of it but clearly they picked a character that has a following right now for the reasons they've stated and I just don't think Geralt will transalte into what people like about SoulCalibur neither will SoulCalibur translate to what people like about Witcher... I'm sure there are plenty here who will disagree but that's just what I think right now and who knows that may change too, never underestimate the fickle beast that is humanity.

Harry Potter is a fantasy. If JK Rowling suddenly added aliens and spaceships to the series, it will look out of place without context (even with context tbh). And just because the developer decides to do something, that doesn't mean it's a good idea *looks at Shadow of War Microtransations*

If J.K Rowling decides she wants to put aliens in Harry Potter and that's where she thinks her books are headed then I see no reason why she can't and you know what, people would buy it and even enjoy it... I'm not saying I'd buy it but then I've never been into Harry Potter books. It's like I said , the only limit is what you have the ability to successfully implement. Also did you really just compare a gameplay feature the devs actually may want to implement to microtransactions...? Yeah, no.

Going on what you've said I could also easily say just because the devs decided to implement Geralt doesn't mean it's a good idea and that's what I'm indeed saying but I also recognise and respect the devs position of responsibilty in creating their game and their autonomy in doing so. It's up to the devs to make their game, not us, and it's down to them if it all goes wrong, not us. They're the ones carrying that burden so don't you think they deserve said autonomy?

Last edited:
Who's to say that? The devs of course and they're indeed saying it I just don't feel it's entirely true, I'm sure they're making the best of it but clearly they picked a character that has a following right now for the reasons they've stated and I just don't think Geralt will transalte into what people like about SoulCalibur neither will SoulCalibur translate to what people like about Witcher...

If J.K Rowling decides she wants to put aliens in Harry Potter and that's where she thinks her books are headed then I see no reason why she can't and you know what, people would buy it and even enjoy it... I'm not saying I'd buy it but then I've never been into Harry Potter books. It's like I said , the only limit is what you have the ability to successfully implement. Also did you really just compare a gameplay feature the devs actually may want to implement to microtransactions...? Yeah, no.

Going on what you've said I could also easily say just because the devs decided to implement Geralt doesn't mean it's a good idea and that's what I'm indeed saying but I also recognise and respect the devs position of responsibilty in creating their game and their autonomy in doing so. It's up to the devs to make their game, not us, and it's down to them if it all goes wrong, not us. They're the ones carrying that burden so don't you think they deserve said autonomy?

Man you just don't understand anything about writing or immersion. Saying "it's fantasy! " doesn't mean you can just throw sponge Bob square pants into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back