SOULCALIBUR 6: News, leaks and information discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Geralt and the stage look great, I'm a fan of the witcher series so I'm happy with this plus It seemed super likely with how many people were talking about Geralt being the or one of the guest characters so It's cool to see him.

I wonder If we'll be getting more reveals for this month or If Geralt will be the only reveal for this month?

I miss the big crescent for the "C" in the Soul Calibur logo.

Soul_Calibur_logo.png

sc2logo.png

sc4top.png

I hope the current design for 6 isn't the final version of the logo.

Last edited:
As opposed to a boring middle aged medieval white dude in chain mail?

Also hes a guest character in Soul Calibur, so its irrelevant that his art direction is different that's exactly my point, Soul Calibur isn't "low-fantasy" so he looks inferior to everyone else.

I don't even know why I'm dignifying this with a reply at this point considering you know nothing about Overwatch if you are implying that hes a bad fit because he's a "big idiot" lol..every character in the overwatch universe is highly skilled and socially revered. He's smarter than Astaroth and Rock, that's for sure.

Boring medieval dude in chainmail, haha. At least I've played Overwatch, you've obviously never even touched The Witcher. Do yourself a favor and learn about what Geralt of Rivia even is.

I know enough about that piece of shit excuse for an FPS to consistently place high-platinum without even trying. That game is garbage, the characters are annoying and the lore has the depth of a cookie sheet.

We have established that you like Witcher more than Overwatch. The actual topic was how boring and basic he looks in the Soul Calibur universe compared to the original characters.

This is an idea that has nothing to do with how you feel about Witcher. Or this assumption that you think I feel as strongly about Overwatch as you do about Witcher. I was simply pointing out a character that is more visually interesting not trying to cram a "low-fantasy" character into Soul Calibur and then violently defend his right to exist based on your nostalgia for the lore he comes from. That's what you just did.

So no, I don't think I'll be playing a game I was never interested in to learn more about a character that I think looks boring.

So the guy who leaked the full roster before was all clearly a hoax because Geralt was not included so we now know his info was BS - maybe Voldo will not look anymore of a clown than he already does in previous games!

We have established that you like Witcher more than Overwatch. The actual topic was how boring and basic he looks in the Soul Calibur universe compared to the original characters.

This is an idea that has nothing to do with how you feel about Witcher. Or this assumption that you think I feel as strongly about Overwatch as you do about Witcher. I was simply pointing out a character that is more visually interesting not trying to cram a "low-fantasy" character into Soul Calibur and then violently defend his right to exist based on your nostalgia for the lore he comes from. That's what you just did.

So no, I don't think I'll be playing a game I was never interested in to learn more about a character that I think looks boring.

You: "Geralt is boring, blah blah. I wish they went with this boring character instead."

Me: "Reinhardt is dumb."

You: "He's not dumb! He's a revered hero! He's skilled! He's smarter than Astaroth!"

Me: "So is Geralt, Overwatch sucks."

You: "You obviously like The Witcher! You're violently defending your nostalgia! Have some more banal, stupid and fruitless arguing points!"

Jesus christ, man. I don't think there's a mirror in the world that can accurately show you what you look like right now. I have very deep insight into both games, I've probably spent an equal amount of time on both - in fact, probably more on Overwatch. Doesn't make Reinhardt any less of a stupid character with poor design and annoying dialogue.

It's fine, Overwatch sucks. Just relax and let it be.

Reactions: Ave
So the guy who leaked the full roster before was all clearly a hoax because Geralt was not included so we now know his info was BS - maybe Voldo will not look anymore of a clown than he already does in previous games!
Indeed. Not just because he's in this forum but especially because everything he leaked was true I just trust @Vergeben. At this point I believe also that a 2nd guest (probably female) will be among the DLC characters.

While the only person in the world who hates Geralt more than me, that I know of, is my wife, I do have to admit his moveset has quite the potential. I just hope, deep down, that they don't pull another Kratos and we'll get his moveset in CAS.

PMs, gentlemen, please.

I wonder if Namco is approaching the point where they don’t have the characters fleshed out enough to give reveals and that’s what is bottlenecking the pace.

Like, Geralt looks good, but his gameplay segment was shorter than other characters reveals which leads me to believe he’s not polished enough to show more than what was in the trailer. Perhaps that is the case for more than just Geralt.

Only time shall tell.

Good choice. If they do more guests as DLC, let's hope they get the base roster sorted out first. Part of the reason I'm continuing to skip Tekken 7 is the focus on dudes like Geese and Noctis while classics like Lei, Julia, Anna, and especially Roger are still missing.

I don't know if I could handle that level of disappointment again with SoulCalibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back