-Team Battle

-Long support after game is released

-Ping filter to avoid bad connection opponents in matchmaking matches.

-Cervantes & Setsuka (not as dlc pls xd)

-Ability to share your create a soul characters (Gran turismo did this nicely with car skins)

I like the idea of single player only enemies that are stronger or weaker than normal fighters using remixed movesets. Since these fighters recycle content, don't have to be balanced at all, and don't even have to have every mechanic implemented, they should be easy to add.

Weakling example:
Dumb goblins that only have 1/4 of Sophitia's moves, different colored ones getting different combos. Beat 4 in a row for a single encounter.

Mini-Boss examples:
•Halberd Enemy = Hilde + Astaroth.
•Staff Master = Seong Mi-Na + Kilik.
•Scheherazade = Xianghua + Raphael.
•Shura = Cervantes + Aeon + Taki's kicks.
•Charade combining movesets with completely different weapons such as Tira + Voldo.
•Miyamoto Musashi = Mitsurugi + Setsuka + Yoshimitsu.
•Colossus from SC3

I'd also like to see some enemy-only tekken cameos in dungeons or something, such as:
•Enraged Bear = Kuma (You know it'd be awesome to slay a Bear as Siegfried).
•Chimera = True Ogre
•An actual demon = Devil Jin
•Dragon = Azazel
•Cave Troll = Gigas

I'm sure some of these are easier to implement than others but I think any of them would be awesome.

Last edited:
More than anything of course, support.

I still have my holy trinity of characters I want revealed but making me happy wouldn’t help the game.

For this game to sell though, it needs single player content. You can make good ones without spending so much money too. A cinematic story mode with in game cutscenes is way cheaper than the cutscenes V had. Also another super long mode like Weapon Master, Gauntlet, the main story thing in Lost Swords would definitely draw in casuals and old time fans without spending so much money.

A tutorial too for old players and newcomers. Nobody should have to look up Aris videos to know what the new method of throw breaks are.

Lotta these lists Rock! Bang-oohn choices! Love the attention to past options, like a sword select, to be expanded upon; Current year argument. Bells & whistles, eh, so we can have our celebrated & appealing sum of single player experiences. That's the stuff that'll keep every future pawn shop copy of 6 a gem worth stumbling upon!

-Team Battle

Yeah, yeah, but why wouldn't yah want single file teams of 8 ish (adjustable, gosh darn people like having a dial!) fighting each other? While survivors become worn, fresh faces chance eating a perilous onslaught! Team order is a very fun added ittybittybit'o'depth. Keen on 8, but it'd be something else if one could max out, playing roster vs roster. Creates even more incentive for players to try out each character. Just like having special arcade endings.

-Multi-Tiered Stages / Sweeten Ring-Outs

It adds a sense of journey & stakes to each fight, being thrown for an easy win - down, down into a dungeon, perchance to tear ones aggressor apart in a newfound cage. For a fantasy epic, falling in a 4 foot pond and "losing" the fight for your life - while I like the cheesy lines - lacks follow through. Am I drowning or sitting? Did the water spit me back? Can we start round 2 near the edge with someone pulling themselves up or are they running to a bragging enemy? (can't waste time) Not all stages ought to RO, and being able to turn it off might "help". I like Ring Out, it is special & strategic, but a little more sugar would break players into accepting the scenario.

-Detail Dimmer-switch

While Lethal Hit or Guard Break are embedded in the game, I'm surprised by the support of unbreakable armor. Suppose I never custom made an animal person just to have their head shatter... I'm in the opposite camp, and want dirt, sweat and maybe minor blood-scuffs-&-bruises. From WWE on the N64 to DOA5 have had adjustable details like this. Nothing brutal, no more than standard shonen sensibilities, but damn, I wanna knock someone out into that puddle of mud, ring out, and win or lose what comes next, my opponent is covered in mud! :P Blow my mind: should they loose a mud-covered top, have their under armor chest dirty/scraped - to a lesser degree. Adds story to the already storied fights.

Characters:
Rock: It's the most underrated character of SC. I'd like to see him again with new grab options and ground throws

Seung-Mina would also be great along with ZWEI and Dampierre from SCV.
Tira must be in
I prefer to have Aeon from SCV instead of another sword and shield character like Lizardman.
As I said there is one good character with sword and shield (Sophitia) so we don't need another one (so NO Cassandra!).

Game:
Armor-Breaking as a toggleable option: chars looks ridiculous without their pants

A practice mode with frame data would be great

I'd like to have new DLC costumes for all chars. I don't like CAS, so I need a new 3rd, 4th etc costumes for my favorite chars.

New Character:
My dream is something like the Conqueror from For Honor

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Team (trio) in Soul Calibur is all of the best!

The list of characters to me can be like this;
Mitsurugi
Sophtia
Cassandra
Nightmare (can be mix with Siegfried)
Siegfried (can be mix with Nightmare)
Ivy
Taki
Tira
Xianghua
Talim
Cervantes
Astaroth
Rock
Kilik
Zasalamel
Maxi
Raphael
Voldo
Yoshimitsu
Yun Seong
Seong Mi-Na
Aeon/Lizardman
Groh

I like a lot of Patroklos style, but I don't like of Patroklos character, at least should be nice see this style for character creation.
Please no Algol or Dampiere.

Guests:
Well here we need be pretty realist about commercial partnership, The Namco did one with SNK with Geese in Tekken then perhaps why not with some character from Samurai Shodown? Same with Capcom and Akuma in Tekken and Capcon have a lot of good characters to invite. Even the Namco can bring some chars of the other franchise like Saint Seiya, yeah bring some Gold Saints. try partnership with HI-Rez and bring some divinity like Amaterasu or Aquiles from SMITE, this should be healthy for both sides as they are popular games.

About the afro muscular woman rumor, I'm fine but not a extreme muscular, this make me to remember one from Conan, the Zula (Grace Jones)
Not is so one new news concept (actually is more old older) but still works very well...
film008.jpg

Everything in this SCVI is looking (and I do not say this lightly as an artist myself) BEAUTIFUL so far.
I would love to see remakes of legacy stages as DLC. Talims stage from SCII comes to mind, also Xianghuas stage from SCIII (with the lilly pads and stuff).

If anyone from Project Soul is reading this thank you for continuing my favorite fighting game series ever, in the way that you did. I WILL be playing this game competitively.
Its looking beautiful, cant wait to see Cassandra!!

Wishlist Items (long post)

1) Continued Long-Term Support: To keep player retention past the first couple of months, set aside some budget for service/balance patches.

This gives assurance for players to invest time into the game knowing that the developers will have their back to produce and support a respectable game. The game play meta will change over the years and it would be nice to have balance patches reflect long-term and later discoveries. I also recognize if there is too small a competitive pool it is difficult to gather sufficient data to base balance on, so lets keep players competing.

We know its impossible to have a perfectly bug-free and well balanced game on launch. SC5’s limited patches up to 1.03 was not satisfactory.

2) No pay-to-win CAS items or loot box: Versus mode should never have CAS parts that give increased stats. Also loot boxes are distasteful.

3) CAS options: Recolors of the existing 1p/2p outfits should have more than ~8 different colour slots. The outfits are more complex and I’m thinking at least 15-20 different colour slots to customize the existing outfits.

4) Better Telemetry: Maybe there can be some sort of data gathered after each match that could help the player analyze where their strengths and weaknesses are. Some examples would be showing:

• % of grabs broken
• How long was guard held
• How often you were being counterhit for attempting movement
• How often you were being counterhit for attempting to attack
• Guard meter damage dealt to opponent
• JF success rate
• How long you were stunned / juggled with no control over your character
• How many times you were struck by a successful Lethal Hit

It shouldn’t be like the hokey SF4 grades at the end of the match (offense / defense / technique).

Or you could have a specific record data menu like in Smash where it shows character specific statistics and milestones.

5) Nostalgia Content: Classic iconic outfits + music should eventually be available. Looks good for DLC bundles.

3P costumes could be community voted as an iconic costume VS based on new concept art.

6) Joining online party match: When joining a party lobby with an in-progress match, there should be some way to determine how far along the match will be.

Is this possible without lagging the in-progress match ?
Just show: stage select / round 2 / round 4.. etc rather than “in progress”

7) Raphael: Assuming our signature fencer and SC2 standout is returning, please consider the following (not balance complaints, but character specific mechanics that would be compelling to play):

i) This was one of Raphael’s slickest animations. Bring back his SC3 214B / SC4 44B attack throw animation (“cranial scraper”) that was sadly missing from SC5.
SC.Raphael.Attack-Throw.gif

ii) Bring back multiple evades. This was his coolest feature in SC2 and it was sadly missing in SC4 and SC5. Being able to dodge a sequence of moves gives immense satisfaction to the player. Maybe combine SC2’s high-mid (B+K) and mid-low (A+K) guessing with SC3’s ability to chain multiple evades together in order to dodge a string of attacks. It was in the SC4 trailer but never made the game.
SC.Raphael.Evades.gif

iii) Raphael’s Cantarella Needles 2_8B+K need to track more aggressively to their side at the range of his 6B+K or else it will continue to be underused. His 2_8B+K series have been in SC3 to SC5 and still feel buggy (when used at anything beyond 2A range) . It’s a cool looking move but it feels so cumbersome and unreliable that it gives a negative experience.

Here’s a GIF which shows the the SC4 version that attacks ~60° from the GREEN center line (this will hit steppers only if they are at grab range) which I’ve used RED to represent. I propose that the tracking angle gets expanded to be up ~30° to catch movement further away than grab range which is in BLUE.
SC.Raphael.2B+K.gif

April 2018 Edit:​
Maybe it'll be more reliable if 2_8B+K functions like Algol's 4B+K in that it does nothing EXCEPT if the opponent sidesteps / runs off axis??

8) Maxi: Assuming the elvis + bruce lee nunchaku expert is returning, please consider the following (not balance complaints, but character specific mechanics that would be compelling to play):

i) More emphasis on stance looping / mixup to put pressure on opponent (throw off their timing for RE / GI). SC5 had the weakest loop options (you could only stance loop forward, backwards, and the side step loops predictably revert to forward loop).

Can we get a 3rd stationary stance loop and a 4th stance loop while 8WR in the 2_8 direction??

ii) Maxi should be rewarded for looping (especially if the opponent is sitting back holding guard). Maybe each success stance-shift during a loop would:

• add a cumulative ~5% damage / guard meter damage on the attack or
• each stance shift would add a bit to Maxi’s soul gauge

iii) Maxi’s aGI animation (SC5’s B+K during stances) maybe could be improved to (instead of a repel) end up as a parry looking like this GIF:
SC.Maxi.aGI.gif

iv) Maybe an auto-evade animation like this GIF would be pretty rewarding to pull off against kicks/punches.
SC.Maxi.Evade.gif

9) New Movesets/Weapons:

• A Spiked Ball Flail is a really cool weapon especially when paired with a Shield. For Honor's Conquerer seems to be a very unique character that would fit in the SC universe.

• a Jitte / Sai would have a pretty unique upclose moveset that has different ways to wield/handle the weapon (like Zwei's crossguard sword) with an emphasis on aGI. However, the weapon has very little cutting power since traditionally it wasa designed for more piercing thrusts. Then again Talim had special bladed tonfas.

• 3-Section Staff is featured in a lot of martial arts movies and visually it would be a very impressive inclusion. Might be a way to bring back Xiba/Li Long even.

• Since Okubo's twitter is achilles_Okubo, would we see an Achilles inspired moveset for a new character (or Patroklos 2.0) ? I'd imagine Brad Pitt's portrayal in Troy would be a good starting point. If there was pressure to include a gay character, imo a Spartan soldier would make a pretty convincing candidate.

10) Out of Place Characters: Characters like Algol or Necrid belong more in street fighter or franchises like mortal combat and feel way out of place in an environment like the Soul Calibur universe. They don't have any signature weapons and instead manifest random weapons that are move specific. I'm sure there are a couple of people who will campaign hard for them, but – for a limited roster on release – I have my doubts if they take the spot of a more fitting character.

Hey, Soul Calibur fan since SC2 here

I second the hopes for Chronicles of the Sword, even if it's DLC, I'm buying, I sometimes replay the mode in SC3 even today and it's much much fun times.

More CAS options, but NO STATS on equips, that right there almost ruined SC4 for me.

Might I just post to clarify, in all honesty, that begging for a reintroduction of Chronicles of the Sword is in no way trolling and I honestly believe that it was the most fun mode ever to have existed in a fighting game, even though I am fully aware that having an RTS mode being such a great fighting game addition sounds mad on paper. In practice, it was glorious.
Thank you~

And to add some substance to my post, as for wishes:
A well made option for CAS skeleton and other beasties. I'm grateful for the skelly we got in SC5, but that wasn't that well made, since a lot of equipment was unusable, make it better :D

Also, concerning shields. We only ever had small round shields, gimmie a kite shield or a tower shield, thanks a bunch :)

Oh and recently found out about the idea for the character with realistic techniques such as halfswording and the murder stroke, if ever someone decides to make a DLC character with that moveset, I would be SO DAMN HAPPY :D

Add in a mode for people to create custom campaigns, more on this in my post right here
https://8wayrun.com/threads/how-can-soul-calibur-ensure-longevity.19867/#post-734180

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Team Battle.
2. Team Battle
3. Team Battle

Its the greatest mode to learn characters and have fun while doing it. We play lots of Team battle in SC2: 8 vs 8, first 7 Chars random, last one is Charade. Allows for some epic comebacks when you get your mains, major upsets etc. Best fucking mode ever.

When i think about it just cancel all others modes. Make SC6 Team Battle only.

Hello. I haven't been around since I stopped playing around with the creative code in SC5. Yet I have been a die hard fan since Soul Calibur on Dreamcast and the arcades. I think something we should all be stressing to BandaiNamco is too not lock us behind pay walls. I believe we should unite the fighting and the creating communities. This could bring more people online without having to compete with high level fighters, but see a creator outwit a high level fighter.
In SC1 you had the mission mode, and in mission mode there were stages with gimmicks; money pit, attack rats, quicksand, poison. If creators could maybe create a max of three stages and have them in a playable challenge to any soul brave enough to face it. It will record how many "souls" have been "victorious or claimed". You could program NPC players like revenants to come in waves. Enter boss NPC like the gladiator statue or even inferno or nightterror.
This all sounds enticing but I will bring you back to the pay walls, SC5 character creation was a tremendous leap forward. But one thing that always annoyed me was not being able to see what equipment looked like before buying it. The equipment itself should be able to be previewed before purchase. With my suggestion mentioned above this should also be applied too any create a soul/stage.
With the create a stage feature I believe this will cancel out the need for redundant game modes;
arcade mode, that has a character specific ending. I'm not sure I ever fell in love with the cut scene endings. But the art work endings sometimes left more to be desired because I wish it was animated. But because of the exposition we always gained in the later and some great artwork to boot I would rather this. The quick time events didn't win me over either.

the high level challenge mode from sc5 I forget the name.
Mission mode, just traveling around the map beating stages. This also opens up replayability because the mission mode never ends and can be continuously patched and missions added. This mode can go online with the create a stage.
Local/online versus mode. This can place is back into 1v1. Xxvxx team battle. Survival. With the team battle and survival it would be nice if there was more of an emphasis on creating an opening for a switch instead of having character auto combos. Like Kilik and Maxi having a specific grab together. But instead causing a stun or knock down, switch out, and your team mate can enter a command upon entering. There may be a tag me out animation rather than unconsciously throwing your team mate out. This would allow cooperative play stay fresh because your friend may need to get out, and your companions may be able to coach them into the situation so that they can be tagged.
Exhibition, when characters displayed their skills.
Art gallery

Create a soul. It be nice if this was a separate save file and you could share this with your friends or upload it to the cloud. So you can have a larger collection of characters without having to delete and recreate.
Create a stage. Same here with the separate file.
Shop, not everything should have to be unlocked. sc5 had allot of content already available. Beating a characters arcade mode should open up character specific items, stages, stickers, effects; beating the arcade with voldo would unlock his 2p costume, some art work, music, unlock the money pit stage, and unlock the money pit stage effects, so on. But what you don't unlock you should just be bought from the shop.
NO LOOT BOXES! NO LOOT BOXES!

This is my wish list priority. I think all the characters I want will be in the game. And you can just add other characters fighting styles like Pat as dlc for create a soul purposes.

Lizardman with Aeon weapons / fighting style

I also prefer Aeon, but I think namco should use lizardman to respect chronology

The regular lizardman should just be a hoard character/ create a soul. To respect not having too many copy characters in the sword and shield fighting style.

I like the idea of single player only enemies that are stronger or weaker than normal fighters using remixed movesets. Since these fighters recycle content, don't have to be balanced at all, and don't even have to have every mechanic implemented, they should be easy to add.

Weakling example:
Dumb goblins that only have 1/4 of Sophitia's moves, different colored ones getting different combos. Beat 4 in a row for a single encounter.

Mini-Boss examples:
•Halberd Enemy = Hilde + Astaroth.
•Staff Master = Seong Mi-Na + Kilik.
•Scheherazade = Xianghua + Raphael.
•Shura = Cervantes + Aeon + Taki's kicks.
•Charade combining movesets with completely different weapons such as Tira + Voldo.
•Miyamoto Musashi = Mitsurugi + Setsuka + Yoshimitsu.
•Colossus from SC3

I'd also like to see some enemy-only tekken cameos in dungeons or something, such ass:
•Engaged Bear = Kuma (You know it'd be awesome to slay a Bear as Siegfried).
•Chimera = True Ogre
•An actual demon = Devil Jin
•Dragon = Azazel
•Cave Troll = Gigas

I'm sure some of these are easier to implement than others but I think any if them would be awesome.
I suggested that we get a create a stage mode, that you could add hoard and bosses too. This would be great to implement together.

Last edited by a moderator:
My requests are simple

Chronicles of The Sword (but find a way to keep it replayable) maybe make it so some exclusive items can be earned in this mode.
Someone's mentioned stage creation mode which I think is interesting. What about our own Chronicles of The Sword creation that we can upload onto a SC server, so other people can try it. And by that I mean designing your enemies, bosses and even a stage (if stage creation becomes a thing)
What if I wanted to make A Chronicle called Naruto, and within it I have all these creations of Naruto characters and I can have someone try to beat it? That would be awesome. And these Chronicles can be rated so the best ones are recommended first.

A soul that switches fighting style like Elysium but you get to choose which souls they are. Being able to customers elysiums weaapon, or at least it's color.

The team feature from tower of lost souls, if you can find away to bring that into versus that would be a good way to breath life into competitive play.

Last edited:
As a casual from soul edge to soul Calibur 4. I just wanted to give my few cents.

-First penny
Soul Calibur 2's 8 way run is the best Calibur. The best! Regardless of peoples feelings about turtling.

-Second Penny
I LOVED that in soul calibur 2 you had 8 way run air control while being in the air. I HATE Juggles. I hate that someone can launch you and in air, and you might as well put the controller down as they attack as you just float in the air. Now don't get me wrong I love combos. I can find it cool that in killer instinct you can do combos that can take massive amounts off your life bar away.
I lively remember in soul calibur 3 being slightly peeved about the lack of 8 way run control on the ground but the first time I was juggled in the air, and could not fall back, towards or from the screen. I was upset...so I just wanted to say. Have 8 way movement on the ground and in the air. Stick to soul calibur 2 to show you the way.

-Third Penny
I like soul calibur legends alot. I just did not have a game cube. I dunno what the hell Namco was thinking to make it exclusive to nintendo...Don't do that.

-Free Penny
Please keep characters of different ethnicities in your game. I was saddened when taki lost her asian looks, and ended up looking like a big breasted emo Caucasian girl. I loved how angol fear looked.

As a casual gamer aesthetics matter to me.
-Being able to have various intos to a battle, and defeats depending on what button you press.
-Loved in soul calibur 1 you can change the intro, and in soul edge you had interactive endings. Short mini events that changed the outcome
-I love that battles that have a draw, and no one wins have special character reactions. It would be cool if you could do different ones with a press of a button.
-I'm a fan of VR. It was cool to have a Vr spectator mode in tekken. There are no fighting games like soul calibur in VR. A game like Soul calibur legends would be great for VR too.

-I like the cheese cake fan service for characters too, but please make conservative clothing for gamers too.
-Expand levels by Making most levels have the time of day changeable to morning, noon, sunset, night. It would be cool to have some levels be multi leveled
-Have changeable weather in your levels (Summer, winter, autumn, rain).

I have been a semi pro player since Sc2 and am one of the organisers of the edge master series, I have thousands of gameplay hours under my belt so my wishlist is based on more competitive veiwpoint.

Characters

Amy (SCIII/IV)
Cassandra (SCIII)
Setsuka
Hilde (SCV)
Hwang/Assassin
Rock/Berserker
Mina
Bangoo?

SYSTEM

- If possible cross play online would be nice (PC vs PS4 etc)
- A netcode at least as good as SCV
- The ability to change & check button configuration on the character select screen.
- Team battle
- A more complete online ranked system much like StreetFighterV
- In depth training/Trial modes

Regards

Let’s see...

• A fully fleshed out Story Mode, similar to SC3 with the branching paths and fun bonus stages. But instead of all converging at the swords, structure it similarly to BlazBlue where it focuses on each character’s path within the overarching storyline. Therefore, no more repetitive endings of “X did Y with Soul Edge/Soul Calibur”.
  • Some hybrid of Weapon Master Mode and Chronicles of the Sword. Perhaps rework this as a proper story mode option for CaS characters.
  • Given the limit on launch cast, I’d want Hilde, Viola/Amy (I can survive with just Raphael, but hey), Talim, Yunseong/Hwang (preferably both, but more fleshed out and differentiated), Seong Mina (same as previous except towards Kilik), Cassandra (ditto but with Sophitia), and most importantly Setsuka, all in some form or another, DLC or not.
  • I’d really adore more facial sliders in CaS. Or at least more than two “young” faces per gender. And also maybe a race option so we can get elves or things like Lizardman.
  • Music! Music DLC is always great.
  • Contrary to what I’ve seen, I actually like the modern outfit pieces from CaS just because I like to be silly and anachronic sometimes.

About the online matches is good count just the wins of the players and not the losses, because they losses status inhibits new players to play.
Anti rage quit - when one player go out of the duel instantly counts a wins to player that stay in game.

In order of most importance:

1# No broken characters. No infinite juggles, no overpowered moves that do everything.

2# Team Battle

3# Chronicles of the lost sword 2.0

4# A 2-tiered stage that has a character fall onto spikes on the lower level when they get 'ring out'. The spikes cause a short animation and a 25% health loss. The other character calmly climbs down a ladder while the wounded player is recovering. Once on that lower level, a normal ring out can happen as normal.

5# an online mode that doesn't make you pull your hair out in frustration because of the lag. This is 2018, I want an online experience almost identical to offline.

I've known the "Soul" serie since Soul Blade so i'm a big fan and i always had hope that SC VI would be done.
I'm not a competitive player though, so i don't make much use of Online battles after all knowadays online is dominated by expert players and that doesn't leave much space for newbies or casual players.
In any game what makes a player coming back to play is the possibility to win and consequently a good reward system therefore my wishlist is for offline modes mostly.

League mode - So much fun assign each person in the room with a number and fight as the game called each number for battle. Plus the competition didn't end after losing a match (like in Tournment) everyone had a round with each other which extended the fun.

Chronicles of the sword -
The Chronicles are the other half of Character Creation mode because it gave a very personal expirience since our created characters could level up and develop their stats based on the chosen Job.

Maybe to spice things up it could have some online properties to it, like hiring characters created by other players similar to hiring followers in Dragon's Dogma or have another player invading the Chronicles World once in a while has it is in Dark Souls.

Character Creation - Since creating characters it's something everyone does why not add the function of sharing created characters.
Options to change the face features or more facial types plus the body slider need to have higher values.

Female Characters with different body types or age - Bring more diversity to the roster and add bigger looking female characters or elderly female with a complex or strong personality.

Returning Characters -
Setsuka
Tira
Valeria (SC needs to have a few tekken like styles)
Algol (moveset needs to be more Soul Calibur like)
Viola
Li Long

Styles that could return - Revenant
Girardot
Luna
Demuth
Aurelia
Lennet

Back