SINGLE PLAYER OFFLINE
  • Arcade Mode with individual character story with unlockable "story paths" based on the player's performance health/time etc.
  • Story Mode just like MK9's story mode that features all main characters as playable, & perhaps if replayed after unlocking more characters, they would then show up during the story. Adds replay values i guess.
  • Character Customisation Mode that consist on changing model's parts & their colors, including weapon & their streaks, & Soulcharge effect. Simple & main character focused. Not a CAS mode.
SINGLE PLAYER ONLINE
  • Pratice Mode where online players can challenge the players who's practicing, like in DOA5FR's training mode. Move List should have "Timing Input" displayed like in SC1 & VF4evo, & frame data displayed & explained for those who might not know what FD is.
  • An upgradeable character guide based on collected data from players with high adequate move use based on programmed criterias (like in SSB & COD games), with community mods to filter & organize the data.
MULTIPLAYER
  • An online adaptation of the arcade SC2's Conquest Mode, with actual players vs players instead of ghost player data, could be nice. With 3 or more factions to choose (arcade had 4 factions). With both single 1on1, & team battle of up to 8 players per team. With single rank tournament match, elimination tournament match, & round robin tournament match (where everyone gets to play vs everyone). The collective progress (by w/l ratio etc) of each faction determines who wins (the crown, or the lead, or whatever cool thing that presents the winnng faction) over certain time periods like how it was in MAG (Massive Action Game on PS3), or another original way that ensures & encourages constant competition. With maybe perhaps rewards or prizes of some kind.
  • Character Tier Tournament Mode where teams of 8 player max uses the same character vs another team of 8 players max who uses another character, in Round Robin style, no mirror matches. Like: Team Nightmare vs Team Zasalamel, for a collective ranking to expose character's tiers during each patch or season between players. With an "Edge Master" option for players who know or have master multiple or all characters, where after all matches are played, teams continue with swapped characters like: starts as team NM vs team ZA (half-time intermission) then continues as team ZA vs team NM. It could be fun to collectively keep you main or favorite character on top.
This is for adding collaborative competition to the competitive scene, instead of continuing with just the common old "ego-driven" competition, as it has been since the beginning.
  • Online Survival Mode where the winning player would immediately battle another awaiting or queued player, constantly without leaving the match or the arena, up to at least a player get 10 wins in a row, with the option of using Soul Meter to replenish health, which's amout of healing per Soul Meter would be regulated the winning player's performance vs the losing player's performance, judged by a programmed criteria system like in SSB & COD games.
This would be a hardcore mode for non-stop-action players.

ALTERNATIVE FIXES: WHEN RUNNING FORWARD

Change the seemingly "infinite run" that occures when players are running towards a standing, each other or downed opponent to..

• Make the player who is running without taking any other action towards the standing player, to bump back & end up with slight frame disadvantaged depending on how close to the opponent the run is initiated, like -6 at close range to -1 at farthest range. With the option (running A+G) to switch to your opponent's back side for extra damage Mix Up pressure, & if the opponent Ducks under the "running'A+G", the player who attempted grabbing while running would end up tripping over or/& stagger/fall, & switching side of the screen.
  • Make both players to switch sides of the screen if both players happen to run toward each other without attacking or taking any other action aside from keep running towards each other.
  • Make players to trip over or/& stagger/fall when running (without taking any other action) toward a Downed opponent. With the option (6[6]~g9) to leap over the Downed opponent & switch side of the screen when running towards a Downed opponent. Or an option (6[6] when close to Downed opponent ~K) to stomp over the Downed opponent & switch screen side. Leave Sliding K attacks for mid to long distances.
  • With the possibility of "self Ring Out" if performing any of the options above that has "Switch Sides" towards a Downed opponent who laying down next to the arena's edge.
This is for adding "cautious" value to the game's Zoning in general (vs Wake Ups, etc).
The way it has always been looks silly-to-bad when the character's running animation continues indefinitely after making contact with the opponent, & it also promotes "Off-timing meta-plays" that breaks away from the legit zoning potential of the core gameplay.
Soul Calibur being weapon based is more focus on Zoning than other fighting games, & it should cover, correct & improve on every aspect that revolves around players approaching each other.

GENERAL GAMEPLAY ADDITIONS FOR BALANCE
  • Give every character a (or two) defensive downed options like how Xianhua has her Downed "crying" move. Or like how in Tekken everyone has an ankle kick when Downed.

Last edited:
I've got just one thing to add to the list of things that will never happen... (aside from what's in my sig which should indeed happen)

Gonna try to keep this as reasonable as possible, and not get too excessive with reasoning where it might be longer. Mostly just wanna put forward ideas I feel many might like or benefit from, as well as some[including 1 or 2 not-so-realistic ideas] personal things I'd love to see. Before that though, I have to say thank you to any devs or anyone from Namco if they see this.

Thank you for bringing forward a new installment to what is genuinely my favorite video game series, ever since 2 launched when I was a kid. Every game just keeps getting better, in my opinion. So thank you for allowing us fans to return to the stage of history and enjoy time as some of our favorite characters again, as well as welcomed newcomers. I can't wait to get back into it all. That aside, on to the list.

1. Continued post-launch support: I know this is a commonly stated thing, but as someone who wants to see the game live as long as possible[especially to bridge the gap to any potential future games, should we be so lucky], I'd love to see the game getting even just monthly updates, even 1-2+ years later. Be it bug fixes, online stability as needed, and especially balancing, that would be nice. I'll admit seeing so few updates for 5, and while it's not the same series, Tekken 7[as great as it is] being updated so little leaves me worried about this.

2. Online Connectivity: If possible, I'd love to see it have stable, enjoyable connections with even players/friends in other countries/regions like in SCV. Plenty of games I play even now haven't had nearly as stable of a connection on current-gen as SCV did for me, in spite of having a better connection now than I did then, so this is definitely something that would make my plans for pumping a lot of time into SCVI see a massive increase.

3. Online Training: I'm just gonna include this in here, as this would be beneficial for a number of reasons. Not anything ridiculous, but even simply having it act like offline training to a point with both players having access to their respective move-list menus. This way newer players who might find they really want to improve can learn from veteran players who use the same styles, or for example so friends can explore new character choices against each other without being in a serious match, etc. Likewise it could be used by more competitive players to practice together in an experimental environment before doing so with the pressure an actual match might impose. This just being more of a personal wish, since it'd make it easier for me to teach friends of mine who are new to the series, or if some more familiar need help getting into a new character. Gonna happen a lot since I used every character in previous installments.

4. Offline Content: I'm not personally bothered with this, but I know it would add more to aim for and more to do for people, adding to the game's longevity, so a decent amount would be nice. For example being able to chase after weapons, costumes, customization, etc. this way could make a big deal depending how it's done. Maybe some random, have some ways to earn specifically for characters of choice, and something like the shop in 3? I found that an interesting feature at the time, and would be a good place in-game to put the DLC purchase section under. I might be in the minority here, but old costumes and weapons for returning characters from past games would definitely be motivation to aim for. Maybe challenges of sorts for some? [I'm neither confirming nor denying that I would fight Night Terror for some cosmetics.]

5. DLC: I'm fine with this, and will happily buy it to support the team. Even just semi-regular releases of new characters, new character creation items, music, packs of weapons, etc., would be nice and give players a reason to keep coming back. I wouldn't expect free for any of it, but the occasional free DLC pack for special occasions or something could also sway people's interests maybe? I don't know enough to say anything on this, really.

6. Character Creation: Gonna have to break this into parts.

-- Asymmetrical aspects where it makes sense[arms, legs, heterochromia which would be the easiest probably] would be nice.

-- Not sure if I'd be unreasonable or in the minority for wanting this, but being able to give created characters some non-human traits of various sorts that are permanent and unbreakable would be interesting[eyes like that of a dragon or snake, horns, tails, ears of any sort of animal or elves, etc. for example]. I feel this would see to a spike in variety of character designs to see online which is fun.

-- I know it's not an easy task, but having sliders and such for the faces, as well as more detailed options for the face, body, voice, and hair somehow. Maybe even as someone else said, the addition of making your own weapons even if they're just divided into parts? I loved SCV's creation and I'm sure SCVI will deliver just as well hopefully, but these kinds of additions would be appreciated if at all possible, even as post-launch content of some sort.

-- Just to touch on one thing I didn't like in SCV's, I'd like there to be numbers on the sliders if possible and where applicable. This way if people want to ask others how to recreate a character they made, or give a friend their character in a way, they can tell each other the exact details. This is very minor, though.

-- I don't want to admit how much time I've spent making characters or how many, but I'd like to see more than just the 50 slot limit we had for created/customized characters in 5. It's always tough choosing what characters to delete over others, and I made a perhaps absurd amount of extra saves specifically to avoid that. A lot to ask, I know, but expanding the limit to 100+ somehow would be nice for those of us who like to put our creativity to use through what you've so kindly given us in past games.

7. Cross-Platform: I do apologize for asking for something as unlikely and unrealistic as this. Not many games do it, after all, but seeing cross-platform between PS4 and PC similar to SFV, or maybe even all platforms if possible, would probably bring a fair bit of attention. It could also cover for getting people who wouldn't otherwise get it for lack of friends to play with, to actually buy it. That being in cases like groups of friends that may have split up due to going to different platforms after the last console generation for varied reasons, for example. This would also probably add to the game's lifespan, having a more expanded player-base to compete with online, for fun or in ranked.

8. I remember reading about a muscular dark-skinned woman as a character idea. If she's still on the table to be implemented somehow, I'd actually like to see it happen. Be it launch or DLC, a new and unique character is always welcome, and while that's a very vague description, a lot of interesting cultures and/or weaponry could be implemented this way. I can't say I see any issue with this. That and while it's not a big deal to me, I will say we could use some more female characters in the roster that are interesting, especially if some of the ones from previous games don't make it in at any point.

9. Just a minor thing from old games, but I'd also like to see the return of... Museum mode, I think it was? Being able to see character models and profiles side-by-side in-game was nice. That with the ability to do so in different stages would be cool to see again.

Quick edit: 10. Idk if it was ever done, but I think the ability to watch AI of 2 characters fight if possible, would be a fun feature. Sometimes AI show players more things they can do with characters, and seeing 2 AI go at it could teach a lot.

That's about all I can think of for now, and I don't think I could reasonably ask for much else. Sure, I have characters I'd like to see return, or new styles I'd like to see, but I'll wait and see before I add anything on that. All I can say is I look forward to playing on current-gen consoles, and plan to get the most expensive edition as soon as special editions are announced. Thank you again for keeping the series going, and if you've read this far. This series means a lot to me, so the mere existence of SC6 alone leaves me content in its own right. The announcement had me in tears of joy to see it back. This soul still burns, now stronger than ever.

Last edited:
The characters on my wish list are,

1.New Character
For a very long time I have been wanting to see a female Archer type character in SC. More specifically a Red head Heroine Archer with a Phoenix motif and Gaelic/Celtic themes. That would be the most epic SC character too me and on a gameplay level it would be cool to see if the team could integrate a zoning character archetype into SC6.
background-winter-wallpaper-aion-anime-wallpapers.jpg

2. Returning characters
I hope Talim and Tira make it into Soul Calibur 6. Talim has been a favorite character of mine since her debut in SC2 a returning character I would like to see come back for the new Soul Calibur game. Tira became a favorite of mine too since her debut in SC3 so I would definitely like to see her make it SC6 as well. Mainly though the character I would like to see return is Ashlotte. Even though she was a copy of Astaroth gameplay wise. I still really liked her design in SC4 and would like to see what the team could do to make her unique gameplay wise and see her return as a completely unique character in SC6.
Ashlotte.jpg

3. Guest Character
While having the White Wolf Geralt is good decision on Namco's part to draw in more players. I would personally be really hyped to see Vega from Street Fighter make it as a guest character for SC6. Vega could draw in the SF demographic to SC6 much like how Akuma did for T7. Also Vega does fight with a weapon which works for SC. I think Vega's appearance,fighting style, and weapon based moves would be a good fit for the SC Universe. Also Vega is the character that got me into fighting games in general so it would be cool to me for him to be in SC6.
Vega.png

Last edited:
GAME MODE / GENERAL WISHLIST:
- A lore heavy, fully fleshed out story mode. It's what I c r a v e.

- CGI cutscenes for the opening and character endings, and real time cutscenes for key events in the story.

- Have an option on training mode like in Tekken 7, where you can actually freeze/cycle through the movelist whilst you're playing. Always irked me how you had to keep jumping in and out of the command list to learn a move.

- I agree with having a Jukebox like T7. As much as I love the OST for SCVI already, it would be nice to play the tunes from the old games ;v; given that it was the 20th anniversary of SC this is a perfect feature.

CHARACTER WISHLIST:
- Bring back all (most of) the legacy characters from Soul Edge and Soul Calibur 1, even if it means giving them an entirely new moveset to separate them from their 'clones'.

- i.e. bring back Seong Mina, but with a more dynamic/playable moveset... since her moveset is always compared to Kilik's (despite her being the original!!!)
Exhibit A: SC3 Seong Mina modded with Hwang's moveset
Exhibit B: SC3 Seong Mina modded with Yunseong's weapon exhibition

- Alternatively, the opposite of the above: merge characters where possible. I always thought about merging Rock and Astaroth since lore wise, Astaroth was created in the image of Rock anyway. Astarock.

- Actually have more characters involved in the canon story, and have a direct turn on its events. Mitsurugi being a prime example of a character that's been a mainstay without contributing to the story lol.

- Have characters cross paths with each other more than once!!!!!! I need a Sophie/Taki reunion so bad.

Think that's everything? ;v; so hyped for SCVI!

My biggest wish right now is IVY having propper flashy useful stances (characters like Nightmare have a milion, PLEASE don't take it away like in SC5)

I want:
- Spiral Serenade, always loved that stance and thought it was pretty fun and useful to transition in strings

- Spiral Tribute, the same as above

* really wish thosewere back, but if not, at least give her some new cool looking stances, PLEASE don't make her simple, limited and boring like in SC5... she's supposed to be badass, complex and flashy

Thank you! :)

Thought of some trivial fluff, namely to use for screenshots/art reference with CaS:
  • Hide the "replay" text as an option.
  • Slow down (although PS4 I believe lets you do that in the in-engine editor) replays
  • Choose time of day in training mode.
  • Alternately bring back choosing in-game stages with the CaS background. I do expect that we'll have limited faces unfortunately.
Also if Cassandra does come back, she doesn't have a dumb-looking Critical Edge. Her fighting style sometimes feels more masculine than Sophitia's. Of course, the freaking hearts.

It's small imo, but as a more casual request, I really loved the profile gallery, with all of their voice lines and an adjustable camera around the character/stage. All the little story/background they put into that was cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Seong mi-na
2. global Colosseum and decent servers.
3. non half assed story mode they can be single character stories or one big one. it just needs to be done well
and not EZ the whole way then edge master level NPC's at the end for artificial difficulty.

This is going to be a stretch and I doubt the game will feature most of the entries in my wishlist but here are mine:

1. Gender Neutral and Assorted Variants of Create-a-Soul Movesets
I'm hoping that we could get different variations of movesets in the character creation mode. We could maybe get a masculine version of Ivy's moveset or a feminine version of Siegfried's moveset. If Aeon is introduced, maybe I want to use his moveset for a human character but some of his behaviors such as win pose and stances might not be appropriate for what I'm trying to make. Things like being able to change idle animations, taunts, and even Critical Edge animations to make our custom characters feel unique would be greatly appreciated. It's not like created characters are even used in tournaments anyway so it would be nice to be able to have variants of existing character's movesets to better fit the character we are trying to create.

2. PC Mod Friendly
It would be pretty cool to be able to import our own 3D character models in character creation for local play. Or even being able to install community created content into the PC version of the game.

3. Stage Creation
To be able to create our own stages would be an amazing addition to the game.

4. Historically Appropriate Characters and Setting
While it's already too late to make adjustments for this, I believe it would be great to improve on historical accuracy and introduce characters that are more fitting for the game's time and setting. Maybe introduce characters from other empires and dynasties during the 16th Century such as a character from the Persian Safavid Dynasty or the Mongolian Northern Yuan Dynasty. The game, after all, is considered a historical fantasy fighting game and it would be cool to have representatives from other nations and designed appropriately. It would actually be pretty cool to reintroduce the Assassin character from SoulCalibur II and give him an identity and his own moveset separate from Hwang. Maybe give him a shamshir and hidden blade for players who practiced playing Ezio in SoulCalibur V.

5. Hwang and Li-Long
It would be great to introduce Hwang again and use his moves found in SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition since a lot of us never got the chance to play the enhanced arcade version of the game. While Hwang keeps his iconic weapon, Yun-seong could still keep his same old moveset but instead change the weapon into a butterfly sword to further differentiate himself from Hwang. The butterfly sword is similar enough to the traditional dao but looks slightly flashier and feels more appropriate to Yun-seong's character.
As for Li-Long, I think it would be great to further differentiate him from Maxi by giving him a three-section staff and a modified version of his moveset from SoulCalibur II: Arcade Edition. The three-section staff would make him feel like a new character while his appearance would be a call back to the older SoulCalibur games.
SoulCalibur VI is meant to celebrate the game's 20th Anniversary and it would be appropriate to bring back beloved characters that have not made an appearance in a while.

6. Tag Battle
This is a stretch but it would be amazing if tag battle could be featured in the game. I doubt this is going to happen since Namco could save this for a brand new game but it would be a surprisingly great addition to the game. Team battle would make a lot more sense though.

And most IMPORTANTLY...

7. ARCADE STICK COMPATIBILITY
I could not use my PlayStation 3 fightstick in DragonBall FighterZ for the PC, lets hope that Bandai Namco does not make the same mistake with SoulCalibur VI. Please allow for better native controller compatibility in this game, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Dear authors of the game!
English is neither my first nor my second language. I have to use the online translator.
Therefore, I apologize for the very illiterate wish list.
Please do not think that I'm a joker, a troll or a madman.

My humble wishlist:
1. Good story mode.
Most prominent complaint about SC5 was story mode (good, but extremely short and covering only story of two characters), the story mode most people seem to bring up as example of good one is SC3 story mode.
I completely agree with those opinions and ask to make a story mod like in SC3. I liked it very much not only for its presentation, but also that we were able to partially influence a journey of the character and their ending.
Also I want to ask – if pre rendered cutscenes for each character take too much time and money to make, then make scripted cutscenes like in SC3. If even those a very resource-consuming, then make comic-styled cutscenes like like SF5, for a few hundred dollars any artist on Deviantart would gladly make them for you. Even if those are too much for budget, then just make a full texted story for each character – even that is much better than having a fully rendered story, but only for two characters.
2. Learn from DOTA experience.
DOTA clearly shown that a few thousand fans could make much more than dozens of game’s developers. So please, leave development kits for fans.
If you want to get money for that, then you could just do the same thing Icefrog did – sell best fans’ creations as DLCs and share the money between you and creators of such content.
3. Consider negative experience of SC2:HD and most Hollywood remakes.
Most old fans were crying “SC5 sucks, SC2 is the best”. And specifically for them SC2HD was released. I don’t have any insider info and I don’t know exact sales numbers. But I still see SC5 streams on Youtube and Twitch and small SC5 tournaments still happen. While online activity of SC2HD is much lower and to be honest it seems quite non-existent to me.
Also I’d like to point out representative example of Star Wars and Prometheus movies. Those remakes were loved by old fans, but younger audience considered those movies morally outdated.
Some of the young people even said that in our days “Alien” looks like Starcraft prequel and Prometheus look like something of lower quality than fan-made series Starcrafts.
One famous film critic even called those movies “nothing more than a milking machine for old fans” and pointed out that “apparently authors intend to milk fans forever, even though most of them are already quite old”.
Also I’d like to point out that a lot of professional players completely abandon video games after marrying and having children, as they don’t have as much free time anymore. And if that critic is right, then milking term of game fans is much lower than that of movie fans.
After commercial failure of SC5 and Lost Swords authors decided to went the most safest and profitable route – making SC6 as close to old fans’ tastes as possible. I don’t condemn them for doing that, but with due respect I need to say – constantly making SC2 remakes is a bad idea, it would certainly appeal to old fans, but most probably won’t be appreciated by newcomers. And experience of online RPGs clearly shown – if no new players come to the game, while old ones slowly leave, any gaming community would slowly die out.
4. Most fighting games’ players are teenagers
Some time ago I started playing Dragon Ball Fighters Z and Dissidia NT and was shocked by insane amount of teenagers in those games (especially in Asian segment). Amount of teenage players in those games is much bigger than adult players I seen in MortalKombat and StreetFighter.
Out of curiosity I asked seller from local videogame shop and he confirmed that vast majority of people buying fighting games are 12-18 year old boys.
In social networking service of gamesellers confirmed this information.
Then I took a thought – why is there so much old fans in SC and so little new ones, teenagers in particular? Because, you will agree – it’s a very bad idea to refuse from getting a profit from such big and profitable market.
I draw on Deviantart (results are not very impressive yet) in a MK/SF group and there I met a Czech student girl who is studying to become a school psychologist and also draws in that group. I am in a good relations with her, I commissioned from her a logo for my DOTA team.
I asked her to make a survey among teenagers and she became curious herself. After a week results of survey, in which 200 teenagers participated, were ready.
First place – Sin Kiske (GuiltyGear), second – Rock Howard (King Of Fighters), third – Sie Kensou (KOF).
I understand that 200 people is a small amount for survey. But if there is 30 characters in the game and 40% of respondents vote for the same character it’s more than a coincidence. If result between different years differs for less than 10% - it’s too little for irrelevance.
It’s not hard to get what teenagers want - merry and cheerful, energetic, friendly and very curious (sometimes to his own detriment) teenager.
In cartoons (cartoon is Holy Cow of teenagers ), for role of hero in medieval setting centered around swordfights, they most liked Dorno from Herculoids. Yes, Czech Republic is a poor country and old cheap 60s cartoons are still aired here. Kids over there still love cartoons such as Yogie Bear, Herculoids and Jonny Quest.
Deviantart OC (original character) they liked the most is this one: https://daekazu.deviantart.com/art/Flow ... -297884918
Kids said that he looks like he is a Rambo’s son and they like that. If you would want to use him, or character similar to him in the game, then I’d recommend to start his story mode from telling the player that he is a son of a mighty warrior that was slain in unequal battle (of course his father should be somehow similar to Rambo). I highly recommend buying or renting it, if not for the main roster, then at least for DLС. The author of OC is not rich, and is unlikely to want a lot of money.
Eliot (Dead or Alive) wasn’t well received by kids, because he seems “lifeless and sluggish” to them.
Xiba (SCV) was disliked solely because of visual similarity with Bieber (who is despised by teenagers for sillyness and shameless), this similarity could easily be removed by simple haircut change though.
I perceive Groh like a mix between Krizalid (KoF) and Sin (GG). Kids said that he seems vey freaky and sadistic. If you wanted to make something similar to Krizalid – you succeeded, if you wanted to appeal to younger generation – they consider him something weird. Student that made the survey explained that this effect is similar to cognitive dissonance, discomfort that comes from combining uncombinable.
Leo Kliesen, who seems very similar to Rock Howard, was highly disliked by them too, they think that she looks like a transvestite. Student explained that such dislike is also created by cognitive dissonance.
5.Make atmosphere of the game slightly darker and epic.
As far as I know, authors of the game acknowledged that prototypes for Siegfried and Nightmare were Glaeken The Chosen and Molasar from legendary dark fantasy The Keep, and not only in looks, but in general mood of the characters too.
The Witcher together with Legacy of Kain and Diablo are considered to be classics of dark fantasy games. And thus I think that appearance of Geralt as guest character for SCVI is a good opportunity to rework game’s atmosphere a little.
Important elaboration – I’m not asking for piles of dead bodies and rivers of blood, that’s a trash-fantasy, not a dark-fantasy. I’m not asking to make SC into new Diablo or Dark Souls, and of course I’m not asking for sadistic fatalities from Mortal Kombat.
With due respect I want to remind you of something – in the beginning of 90s nearly all video game market was dominated by Nintendo. But then Sega lifted age-restrictions from its’ console and after few years Sega had nearly half of the market. At those time a lot of people were buying Sega console just to play Mortal Kombat.
We live in different times, but still a lot of people find Dark Epic of MK appealing and The Great Fight For The Future Of Mankind(TM) too. SC also has whole “Fight For The Future” stuff going on, but… it looks kinda weird. Mostly it’s only Sieg and Night who fight between each other “For The Future of Mankind”, while everyone else are barely relevant to those events. Endings of some characters (for example Rock) have absolutely zero relevance to this grand battle.
I’m asking to make tone of the game a little more dark and epic.
For start - emphasize the main concept of “hard to break, easy to fix”, the dark moment of the fact that Glaeken sealed Molasar countless times, but every time somebody greedy, revengeful or just ill-headed appeared and "freed evil djinne from bottle". The main aspect of SC story is done in the same way – Siegfried nearly cites Glaeken saying that Soul Edge was broken countless times, but every time some greedy or revengeful person appeared and fixed it. I want for new SC story to mention that SE was plaguing people’s life for hundreds of years, it was destroyed a lot of times, but every time somebody fixed it and started everything all over again.
Next I think something like this needs to be added: “ There are rumours that SE is able to make any wish come true, but will twist it into something dark and horrible (if wish is neutral of good). Only evil wishes are granted as they are supposed to be, without any distortions”. Also I think there needs a little change to Sieg and SE bargain from “Seig used Edge in hopes of resurrecting his father. But SE deceived him and took his body under control” to “Seig used SE in hopes of resurrecting his father. SE granted his wish, but in his own dark and horrible way – Sieg’s father rose from the grave as bloodthirsty madman called Nightmare. Only rarely old good Sieg’s father wakes in this body (kinda like Darth Vader).”
Then I’d like for you clearly very visually demonstrate what would happen if Nightmare would win “monster led by Nightmare conquered the city and enslaved all humans. Nightmare promises all monsters that one day they would conquer all of humanity”. Nightmare’s arena is a city conquered by monsters. Ending of Nightmare is monsters conquering whole kingdom and Nightmare publicly says that it’s just a beginning.

6.RAPHAEL
My main character is Vega (SF) and his sister Karin, in T7 Lili...it seems, she is also a relative of Vega (or Karin ;)
In this gameserie relative of the bloodthirsty Spanish aristocrat and my main character is Raphael.
Developer of the game are not even hiding that he is based on Lestat de Lioncourt.
Lestat in works of Anne Rice is a charming, creative, insatiable, and completely unscrupulous bloodsucker, living under the motto “Food is not for argue , food is for feeding!”.
Besides in the movie he is a very soft and censured version of himself. In the book he is much worse – no, its not ultra-violent or guro. He is just very shameless and thievful. From all characters in fighting games one who is the most similar to Lestat in manners is, surprisingly, Lili from Tekken.
But developers again transferred secondary details, without catching the main reason Lestat is so popular – as SC series goes on Raphael becomes less and less similar to original Baroque aristocrat, in SCV he is more similar to Alucard from Hellsing. But the result of such fusion of styles wasn’t well received neither by old fans of SC, nor by fans of Hellsing.
When the student asked kids what they associate with combination of charm, shamelessness and insatiability they all answered together – “FOOOX!”.
Which is why I I propose to make the fox his mascot, and suggest to start changes in Raphael from his emblem – on the left picture a frightened chicken, hare and Gingerbread Boy, on the right - fox hungrily licking its lips. Also, obviously, make him looks much more like Baroque aristocrat.

Part 2.
Also, do not forget, in the original Louis says "Lestat is very beautiful, but it's lifeless,unnatural and very weird beauty. His pale skin looks like ivory or porcelain, many ones mistook his for a very beautiful porcelain doll. He was very fond of Baroque France, because among his powdered aristocrats, his extraordinary skin color did not look anything suspicious "
Most of all, "porcelain doll looking" have the famous modern performer in the aristocratic Baroque style, Prince Poppycock.
When I first saw his performance at the Talent Contest, at first thought he thought it was the trailer for the new film by Anna Rice.
He is a very good model for the right aristocrat and musician of the Baroque period
In story, do not forget to explain why Lestat (that is Raphael) so loves creativity - "immortality without any work or occupation, this is an incredibly boring thing."
Add some baroque aestetics of the famous movie "Amadeus" , and Lestat's proprietary phrases such as "Food is not for argue , food is for feeding! ", "FEED ME AMADEUS" on CEdge or command grab, "Robin the Bobbin the big-bellied Ben ate fourscore men " (in childhood, i was always afraid of this verse) , "what does means STOLEN? the chickens flew for the winter to the south, at free will" + the hero in the storybook "Is it a man or a porcelain doll?" Rafael (happily licks) "Neither that nor the other".
what did the teenagers like:
-this porcelaine doll of the baroque aristocrat (her appearance corresponds well to the description of Louis):
http://photo.qip.ru/photo/haze899503/150842076/large/165762274.jpg
-this deviart drawing:
https://setsuna-yagami.deviantart.com/art/Lestat-488464246
-skin "Bloodthirsty Marquis" for Vladimir (League of Legends)
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/leagueoflegends/images/2/29/Vladimir_MarquisSkin.jpg
Therefore, I believe that the design of Raphael "lestat - porcelain doll" has already received approval of the most mass and monetary audience.
Also I propose to begin the mode of history for Raphael from this comic book:
frame 1 - conductor similar to Amadeus, conducts the orchestra. From back, a fox with brightly burning eyes and long fangs watching this (the voice of the announcer: "Once upon a time in one fairy-tale kingdom lived a greedy and shameless foxy ....")
frame 2 - the night road, frightened chickens in peasant clothes run from the fox with gaping mouth and burning eyes (Raphael's voice "which means shameless?? He was very ashamed, but whenever he saw the chickens ...")
frame 3 - a licking fox in a wig and a camisole, conducts the orchestra of frightened chickens (the voice of the announcer "he stole a lot, and not only in music ...", Raphael's voice "is not stealing this is creative reworks ...")
frame 4 - night chicken coop, chickens sleeps, a misty translucent fox flies into the open window (announcer's voice "Onenight he sheaking into the chicken house...")
frame 5 - the chicken coop is shaking, feathers are flying from the windows (Raphael's voice "he did not want something bad, he was just curious - which chicken is the best?")
And last,if you think that the fox in the night henhouse is not a horror movie, I recommend to look at this:

7.Cervantes.
Cervantes in SC5 liked both me and teenagers.
I ask to add for him a little more similarity to Captain Flint. For example, the phrase before the battle "Another hunter for my map!", and after the battle "You'll never find my treasures!"
Also the children did not like the name of the ship "Hadrian". From the list of names of the ships of the famous pirates they liked most of all the "Drunken Skeleton" (the second fleep of the Black Beard).
Also, I ask you to add a little undead to his ship, for example ghosts or skeletons periodically peeping out of doors or barrels. Another good option - with flashes of lightning can be seen that behind the wheel of the ship is a skeleton with a bottle in hand.

8. Asta and Nightmare
To them my request is purely game-mechanical.
These heroes are focused on slow but strong strikes with a large range.
Unfortunately, slow strikes in SC5 are very heavily punished with J-guard.
just painful to watch when the hero swings a long time, then there is an J-guard and the loss of half of life.
In SC5 play for these characters is very difficult, at least in offline - where J-guard are often used.
for this reason I ask - in a new game do not overdo it with defensive mechanics.

9.Highlander and Robin Hood as guest heroes
In this wish list thread I have repeatedly seen the requests of the Highlander and Robin Hood as guest heroes. I believe that these characters are very well aligned with the time and mood of the game.
I fully subscribe to these wishes, and I ask in a new game to make a Highlander and Robin Hood as guest heroes.

10. More facial options in the character creation
In the SC5 were very good opportunities for creating a hero, I really liked. I thank you for your good work.
I ask to make more opportunities for customization of the hero's face.
The options to change the size and shape of the nose, eyes, lips, cheekbones.

11. Zwei - ZATO- Revevant
Another case "copied a minor, but forgot the main thing" - this is Zwei.
ZATO from Guilty Gear have very original and scary style of fight. I personally liked it, it looks really scary. When he turns into a shadow demon and begins to fly - he looks much terryfic than Devil Jin.
He quickly became famous and became the founder of a whole archetype of fighting characters, in the jargon of fighting players known as the "Sinister Summoners".
Namco decided to make their own "Sinister Summoner" in the form of Zwei, but at the same time they decided to lure Twilight fans and made Zwei face and behavior very similar to Tylor Lautner\Jacob Black.
The resultant "sweet wolf" looked like anything but not sinister. He did not like the fans of the SC, and the fans of Twilight" also did not like.
The same can be said about the recent sammoners from the T7 throwing tiger - she looks simply ridiculous.

I think the most terrible character from the old parts of the game is a Revenant. Couple with him, the werewolf's shadow would look very good.
the only important thing - he is dressed as a medieval musketeer, I ask you to give this explanation in his story.
also I ask to explain to modern players - the famous blue cloak with a white cross was worn only by OFFICERS of Musketeers. Ordinary Musketeers dressed just like a Revenant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Watch#/media/File:The_Nightwatch_by_Rembrandt.jpg

12. Copy the main idea and not the exterior
My last advice I would like to give is not Namсo, but some other firm.
If this company wants to borrow a popular hero from another game, I would with all respect advise her to first ask the players and psychologists - why this hero is popular?
If this company copies the appearance, but will lose the main reason for popularity - the result will be very bad.
The simplest example is the Rock Howard. He is a borrowed copy of the famous hero from the Fullmetal Alchemist. And authors of Rock Howard well understood the reason for the popularity of the original character - the Howard is a walking tvtrope #GoodSonOfDevil.
Howard is a young son of one of the most famous villains of his world. He went over to the side of good, but the source of his strength is of a dark nature, so the Howard is very strongly drawn to the dark side. one of the most popular disputes among fans of this game - will the Howard go to the dark side or not?
A certain firm decided an analogue in the form of Leo.
But in order to avoid a scandal with legal rights, this firm changed the gender of the hero.
The result - the Howard is incredibly popular among teenagers, Leo they consider an abominable transvestite.

And in the end, dear authors of the game, I thank you for all your great work.

Ok seriously all I ask of them is they give us a story thats like actually good that I'll want to play again and again and again, and I was CaS to be as detailed and high quality as they can.
I want to go on my usual 6 month long soul calibur addiction and I wanna enjoy it <3

Just give me my girls Setsuka and Cassandra and I will be happy. Oh, and would love to see the return of the Jyurakudai Villa stage. Probably because I am such a weeb, I just love this stage!

Sayonara :sc3set1:

Hopefully there'll be an option to disable the aggressive depth-of-field effect. I get that they want you to focus on the fighters and not the background, but it's still a shame that Namco puts an incredible amount of work into the design of the stages only to then blur out most of the details.

Back