Soulcalibur.com is Gone?

• Admin
As of today, Soulcalibur.com no longer exists. It instead forwards do BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's brand website. What does this mean? Did BAMCO take the website down because they are prepping a new website in preparation for an announcement? Or did they just ghost us?

There have been rumblings during the past few months about an upcoming announcement for the series... especially with the attention BAMCO was giving the series last year during it's 20th anniversary. What's happening? Only time will tell... Discuss.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Soulcalibur.com started redirecting in December 2016 the Soulcalibur facebook & twitter has been largely inactive since then

Now now, nice news. The rumors, or leaks, seem to be rather vague, but from what I get they are focusing on story, which worries me the game will be mechanically closer to special abilities.

It also seems to imply as of now, no returning characters of the new generation, so I wonder if it is another soft reboot or they are going back to the core characters back in SC IV.

Another scenario would be the MKX route, where they implemented a streamline story retelling the game since the beginning.

Now now, nice news. The rumors, or leaks, seem to be rather vague, but from what I get they are focusing on story, which worries me the game will be mechanically closer to special abilities.
Aren't a fighting game's story and mechanics completely separate categories? There shouldn't be any corelation between them, as far as I know.
It also seems to imply as of now, no returning characters of the new generation, so I wonder if it is another soft reboot or they are going back to the core characters back in SC IV.
Nothing from the reddit post implies about returning characters. There was just speculation about exclusive characters. In fact, I think it's safe to assume that there will be at least one returning character based on last year's concept art.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back