Soulcalibur.com is Gone?

• Admin
As of today, Soulcalibur.com no longer exists. It instead forwards do BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's brand website. What does this mean? Did BAMCO take the website down because they are prepping a new website in preparation for an announcement? Or did they just ghost us?

There have been rumblings during the past few months about an upcoming announcement for the series... especially with the attention BAMCO was giving the series last year during it's 20th anniversary. What's happening? Only time will tell... Discuss.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Is this for real?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/
Soul Calibur VI:

I was told it'll be for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch. There was no Xbox One version mentioned to me. The game should be revealed by the end of the year and make its 21st anniversary at least. One trustworthy source told me it would be revealed at PSX. If the Switch version is not announced in a matter of fact way alongside it like multiplatform games do when revealed at a specific console's event, then it should be announced during the Nintendo Direct in January that I keep hearing about. The source who told me about the Switch version is different from the one who told me of the game's existence, I might add. They also told me that Link would return as a guest character on that version.

Oh, and there was this in the same thread (maybe a fake ^^):

524344Screenshot201711122225071.jpg

Last edited:
Even video games websites decided to spread the rumor... Hopefully for them this one is true.

Since thre's that other guy announcing SCV and DMC5 who was responsible for Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 leaks... We might have some hope, for once (yay I'm not pessimistic).

Last edited:
The guy responsible for the leaks added more details (for once, I'm the one spreading things)

One of the reasons that Soul Calibur VI was never revealed for its anniversary last year in December, even though they were building up to a reveal even as late as the fall of last year was because they ran into technical issues that sent the game into a mini development hell of sorts. The thing I heard that was the cause or most likely cause was the implementation of some kinda moveset or style switching thing in particular (like having multiple movesets per character, weapons even for some from my understanding). Since that not working out how they wanted was such a big deal to its direction and draw to the game, delaying it until they either figured it out or decided to ultimately nix it was something they went back-and-forth on but was retained in a certain capacity.

Some other things concerning the game itself that I know about and can say is that Kilik is back and uses his staff moveset again, not the Weapon Master thing that everyone hated on SCV. He will have a new rival too. Gameplay and mechanically, Supers are back and as far back as July, there was some kind of universal mechanic like V-Triggers.

Marvel vs Capcom infinite was announced at psx last year....yet...it came out on Xbox 1. I'm just hoping that it's the same deal for soul calibur.......and voldo is a part of it of course. :sc2vol2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isisabraham
Back