SoulCalibur Concept Art by Passion Republic

• Admin
Passion Republic is a company that creates concept arts for popular video games such as Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat X, and Batman Arkham Knight. You can see some of their pieces on their website which will be linked at the bottom. If you own Mortal Kombat X, then you may have noticed that some of these concept arts are featured as unlockables in the Krypt.

These images could potentially be official designs for potential characters in the next SoulCalibur installment. Enjoy the gallery!

KilikPassionRepublic1.jpg

KilikPassionRepublic2.jpg

NatsuPassionRepublic1.jpg
NatsuPassionRepublic2.jpg

NightmarePassionRepublic1.jpg
NightmarePassionRepublic2.jpg

SophitiaPassionRepublic1.jpg
SophitiaPassionRepublic2.jpg

SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic1.jpg
SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic2.jpg

Source: http://www.passionrepublic.com/en/work.html

Update: These are confirmed by Passion Republic to be unrelated to a new game. They're just used for their portfolio.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Yeah you're right ^^ Indeed she looks quite different. I really hope she'll end up really different, if we get SCVI, that is ^^

Can't wait to get more information!

Sophitia looks AMAZING and GORGEOUS

Not a fan of Natsu, but i like her new outfit, make her looks more badass.

Let's hope they learned from 5, like making many worthless characters (clones, mimic, ect)

And i think it's better to focus on more important things than the costume creation, or if they're gonna make this again. It should be removed from Ranking match imo.

So we see Natsu and what appears to be Kilik and Sophitia in their young age.
They all look great but I wonder what's the story behind this.

And definitely legit, some of those concept arts they made can directly be found in Mortal Kombat X gallery.

So we see Natsu and what appears to be Kilik and Sophitia in their young age.
They all look great but I wonder what's the story behind this.

And definitely legit, some of those concept arts they made can directly be found in Mortal Kombat X gallery.

Dunno about Sophie, but Kilik seems to have facial hair, which could be a sign of age. Looks like chin dusting in two of his concepts, but the more refined one seems to have a mustache and full beard.

Speaking of, anyone else notice Kilik's "pecker"?

kilikpassionrepublic2-jpg.46656

right between his legs there. Crotch-bird.

Also regarding Sophitia, if you guys noticed, she's wielding completely new weapons in all 3 of her concept art designs.

SophitiaPassionRepublic1 - Copy.jpg

The one on the left looks completely new. The one in the middle, which they decided to go with, looks new too. Although her shield does look like a regular, non crystallized version of Pyrrha's Soulcalibur weapon in that one. What do you guys think of this? Can they be giving Omega Sword & Elk Shield to Pyrrha for good?

Also, the one on the right isn't Omega Sword & Elk Shield either. Because the handle on that sword has a Sapphire and is very different from Omega Sword's. It's very interesting.

It'd make sense since Tira gave the Omega Sword & Elk Shield to Pyrrah but I'd still like to know the reason behind Sophitia's return.

For now, I'm not gonna look hard into it since it's a different company handling the character art direction and we still don't know if they're actual artworks request by Project Soul or just pitches.

It would be good if Pyrrha got Sophi's weapons, and Sophi's got new ones from Hephaistos/another god/some random blacksmith.

Also, the first sword looks like Patroklos' Stigma sword.

EDIT: BAD NEWS GUYS!
I've sent a mail to Passion Republic. These concept arts are, I quote, "purely an internal efforts and portfolio creation, and non related to the actual game franchise."

Sorry to be the party pooper!

It would be good if Pyrrha got Sophi's weapons, and Sophi's got new ones from Hephaistos/another god/some random blacksmith.

Also, the first sword looks like Patroklos' Stigma sword.

EDIT: BAD NEWS GUYS!
I've sent a mail to Passion Republic. These concept arts are, I quote, "purely an internal efforts and portfolio creation, and non related to the actual game franchise."

Sorry to be the party pooper!
Damn, really? Can you show us the email?

Damn. They should feel ashamed of themselves for getting all of our hopes up. They look like they were made by Kawano himself. How did they come to conclusions such as Nightmare having a new weapon, or Natsu adopting different styles to differentiate from Taki? It just seemed too perfect, like the natural evolution of the characters.

Now we're back to square one. I still hope we get SCVI soon.

Yeah, thanks. It may not have been news we wanted to hear, but someone had to deliver it.

I'd rather burst the bubble now than before the hype is too high and we all go bitter. Unfortunately, many websites already talked about these concept arts... Better debunk them asap!

With video games, I've learnt not the get hyped and try to get information at the source. "Don't expect anything, you can only be surprised in a positive way" ^^

Last edited:
I feel ashamed most of all. I was the one who brought this to Party Wolf's attention because I wanted everyone to know. I feel like I deceived everyone and got their hopes up. Sorry guys, please know that I had no malicious intent behind this. I was just as hyped as everyone else.

PW, you should probably take this off the front page, lest more people happen by and get deceived. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go bang my head on the wall.

Not your fault, mate! If I were the one to see them, I would have jumped around, screamed, and posted them everywhere I could.

Not take it off, but rather change the title to show they are "fake".

Live streams

4 Viewers
Morsheeva
Morsheeva
[FR-EN] Mode histoire, la suite
2 Viewers
Aegis_of_Avalon
Aegis_of_Avalon
Fill in the blank... Soul Calibur VI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members