SoulCalibur Concept Art by Passion Republic

• Admin
Passion Republic is a company that creates concept arts for popular video games such as Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat X, and Batman Arkham Knight. You can see some of their pieces on their website which will be linked at the bottom. If you own Mortal Kombat X, then you may have noticed that some of these concept arts are featured as unlockables in the Krypt.

These images could potentially be official designs for potential characters in the next SoulCalibur installment. Enjoy the gallery!

KilikPassionRepublic1.jpg

KilikPassionRepublic2.jpg

NatsuPassionRepublic1.jpg
NatsuPassionRepublic2.jpg

NightmarePassionRepublic1.jpg
NightmarePassionRepublic2.jpg

SophitiaPassionRepublic1.jpg
SophitiaPassionRepublic2.jpg

SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic1.jpg
SacredCityMoodsPassionRepublic2.jpg

Source: http://www.passionrepublic.com/en/work.html

Update: These are confirmed by Passion Republic to be unrelated to a new game. They're just used for their portfolio.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
Well it was all over Facebook to be honest. It would've been brought up either ways. Don't beat yourself over it.

Damn. They should feel ashamed of themselves for getting all of our hopes up. They look like they were made by Kawano himself. How did they come to conclusions such as Nightmare having a new weapon, or Natsu adopting different styles to differentiate from Taki? It just seemed too perfect, like the natural evolution of the characters.

Now we're back to square one. I still hope we get SCVI soon.

Those concept arts do not look like Takuji Kawano's work at all.

Also, Passion Republic can not announce the existence of a new Soul Calibur game, only Namco.

Are you shitting me? They look so official. Also, plenty of games have been leaked like this before, it wouldn't have been the first time it happened.

If they were under any NDA, they'd simply dodge the question. NDA doesn't allow you to lie, deceive, reveal, or leak.

So if they are under NDA, they can't show these concepts or lie about their purpose.

This isn't Takuji Kawano who made those concepts arts, that's why the style is different.

Last edited:
If they were under any NDA, they'd simply dodge the question. NDA doesn't allow you to lie, deceive, reveal, or leak.

So if they are under NDA, they can't show these concepts or lie about their purpose.
I know, but accidents happen. It obviously didn't happen here, but things have been accidentally leaked before.

Are you shitting me? They look so official. Also, plenty of games have been leaked like this before, it wouldn't have been the first time it happened.

"Looking official" has nothing to do with what I just wrote. Takuji Kawano's art style is not similar to those sketches. You will find out, soon.

Not interested as long as we dont have at least 3 mimic chars.

I'd like to see a return of SC4 Setsuka as a mimic of SC5 Kilik (she has a bamboo staff) who in return is a mimic of olcadan who is a mimic of the SC3 Cast.

Make it happen Namco.

@Maxou get hype.

Take it for what it's worth, I sent a thank-you mail saying that they should show the arts to Namco, and they say "we will" (though I dunno if it's for the "show them to Namco" and "keep on the great work").

Also they added a line under the drawings, "An internal effort and portfolio that is non related to the actual game", further confirming these are fanarts rather than official arts. Even though the use of "the actual game" leaves me sceptical.

Last edited:
Wow, these arts really set the community on fire: French, Italian, Spanish websites going all hyped about that.

That's a cheap trick from Passion Republic >_<

Guys there IS NO SCVI ATM!!! But even I hoped again... there may be early designs for a POSSIBLE next SC in a Bamco headquarter though....

Why did they even make these to "expand their portfolio"? I've raised a question, have these guys ever made contact with Namco at all? I guess it'd make sense if they were trying to make money with these designs and they presented them to Namco, but they rejected them, hence they appear on the website. Making them for no apparent reason baffles me.

Well I can't really say I'm surprised this isn't true.
And I'm not sad either, because following the results of the character poll on facebook last year, Namco should know that the Asian/Greek kiddies (including Natsu) aren't popular at all. This goes only for Natsu here, but still. I don't think it'd be smart that one of the first leaked images is of a non-veteran who's not that popular either. But what do I know about Namco's marketing strategies...

Last edited:
Well I can't really say I'm surprised this isn't true.
And I'm not sad either, because following the results of the character poll on facebook last year, Namco should know that the Asian/Greek kiddies (including Natsu) aren't popular all.
Natsu was my least hated newcomer among Asian kids xD But I didn't like the fact she took Taki's place. If Natsu were to come back with a new style, using some Arahabaki-themed moves, I'd be pleased! The rest were just a bunch of fillers... And about Pyrrha and Pattycakes... They were kinda ok, except their "ultimate" form which didn't make much sense. I'd be glad to see Pyrrha come back but with a more "defensive" style ^^

But what do I know about Namco's marketing strategies...
Easy:
"Tekken 7 here, Tekken 7 there, Tekken 7 all the way! Soulcalibur? Throw an old pic, a poll without any basis, and voilà!"

Live streams

13 Viewers
LuciChanDayo
LuciChanDayo
[R18+] We are back... In The Age Of History!!! | Libra Of Souls Run | Maybe a Story Mode| LETS GO!!! | Also Special Announcement !!!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back