Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Ramusu20

[04] Fighter
I don't know of any fighting games that have a fourth season, so it seems like the third season would be likely the last. So conservatively, let's say we get four more characters after this and that's it. That does have room for Aeon, Hwang, Setsuka, Rock, and Yun-seong, as one possibility, with one free slot. That free slot could be a fourth guest, or it could be a wild card like Z.W.E.I., Dampierre, or a new character.
I see . BTW, do think Rock has a chance? He placed 31st in the poll, behind SCV characters...

Klimat

[09] Warrior
I don't know of any fighting games that have a fourth season...
Street Fighter V is currently in it's 4th season.
Also while home versions of Tekken 7 are technically on Season 3, you can say there was Season 0 between the vanilla Arcade release and Fated Retribution.

DanteSC3

[14] Master
I see . BTW, do think Rock has a chance? He placed 31st in the poll, behind SCV characters...
I think that poll gets a lot more credit than what it's worth. If we get Setsuka and Yun-seong instead of Setsuka and Hwang for season two, then... maybe it does have that level of power, but Hwang makes infinitely more sense to be included over Yun-seong, we'll see. It would make more sense for Rock to make an appearance over Viola or Algol, is why I mentioned him instead, so... I believe he's got a chance, but it remains to be seen. Aeon placed higher than Lizardman, though his art absolutely shows him with sword and shield, which would be Lizardman instead of Aeon. And so I firmly believe we'll see a completed form of the Lesser Lizardman style, not the dual axes of Aeon, even if Aeon placed higher than Lizardman. Time will tell, really.

About Street Fighter V, well, that's news to me, but Tekken 7 (our neighbor) is on season three, and Dragon Ball FighterZ just got season two along with Samurai Shodown, that was my basis for comparison.

Klimat

[09] Warrior
By the way, DoA6 Season 4 started two weeks ago, also DoA6 seasons are extremely lazy compared to other fighting games with 1 new character per season, two at best.
DoA5 had like a million of season passes.

SSfox

[14] Master
Doa season length is like 3 month, it's not comparable to the other fgs where it's 1 year per season (as it should be)

LisaK

[14] Master
If they had considered the votes of Pyrrha/Pyrrha Ω, Patroklos/α Patroklos & Lizardman/Aeon together, the result would be this:
#25 Pyrrha #28 & #36
#26 Astaroth #25
#27 Lizardman (Aeon) #30 & #35
#28 Z.W.E.I. #26
#29 Natsu #27
#30 Xiba #29
#31 Rock
#32 Li Long
#33 Patroklos #37 & #38
#34 Algol #33
#35 Dampierre #34
#36 Soul Edge (Inferno) #39
#37 Leixia #40
#38 Abyss #41
#39 Charade #42
#40 Olcadan #43
#41 Elysium #44
#42 Edge Master #45

Last edited:

Crash X

[14] Master
If they had considered the votes of Pyrrha/Pyrrha Ω, Patroklos/α Patroklos & Lizardman/Aeon together, the result would be this:
#25 Pyrrha #28 & #36
#26 Astaroth #25
#27 Lizardman (Aeon) #30 & #35
#28 Z.W.E.I. #26
#29 Natsu #27
#30 Xiba #29
#31 Rock
#32 Li Long
#33 Patroklos #37 & #38
#34 Algol #33
#35 Dampierre #34
#36 Soul Edge (Inferno) #39
#37 Leixia #40
#38 Abyss #41
#39 Charade #42
#40 Olcadan #43
#41 Elysium #44
#42 Edge Master #45
Even then poor Pattycakes is still ranked near the bottom. R.I.P.

Rusted Blade

[11] Champion
What if the last SamSho S2 DLC is Mitsurugi?
I wouldn't rule it out: cross promotion of this sort often goes both ways. I'll say this though: if Mitsu gets in to ShamSho the redundancy of his design on other characters in that game is going to be even greater than Haohmaru's is in SoulCal.

Autumn

[12] Conqueror
As much as I want Hwang in, I think the final spot is gonna be Algol...hope I’m wrong
I don't want to act as if no one likes Algol, but that would be pretty disappointing. From my own observations, a lot of people have been asking for either one of the Korean swordsmen (mainly Hwang) since the game initally launched, whereas Algol seems to be much less requested. Again, I know there's people out there who like Algol, but if we got him before Hwang or Yun-seong? A large portion of the fanbase wouldn't be happy, I'd bet.

Slim31

[03] Disciple
I don't want to act as if no one likes Algol, but that would be pretty disappointing. From my own observations, a lot of people have been asking for either one of the Korean swordsmen (mainly Hwang) since the game initally launched, whereas Algol seems to be much less requested. Again, I know there's people out there who like Algol, but if we got him before Hwang or Yun-seong? A large portion of the fanbase wouldn't be happy, I'd bet.
Believe me I really want Hwang in...I’ll even settle for Yun...it’s just I think Algol would be the bigger character to end the season pass (hate to even say that) and I hear he’s really popular in Japan. I just don’t wanna get my hopes up again...