Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

By the way, DoA6 Season 4 started two weeks ago, also DoA6 seasons are extremely lazy compared to other fighting games with 1 new character per season, two at best.
DoA5 had like a million of season passes.

Doa season length is like 3 month, it's not comparable to the other fgs where it's 1 year per season (as it should be)

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but I will share my wishlist for future DLC (Season 2 and possible Season 3 included)

-Setsuka
-Hwang
-Rock
-Aeon
-Viola (if possible)
-Z.W.E.I (if possible)

If they had considered the votes of Pyrrha/Pyrrha Ω, Patroklos/α Patroklos & Lizardman/Aeon together, the result would be this:
#25 Pyrrha #28 & #36
#26 Astaroth #25
#27 Lizardman (Aeon) #30 & #35
#28 Z.W.E.I. #26
#29 Natsu #27
#30 Xiba #29
#31 Rock
#32 Li Long
#33 Patroklos #37 & #38
#34 Algol #33
#35 Dampierre #34
#36 Soul Edge (Inferno) #39
#37 Leixia #40
#38 Abyss #41
#39 Charade #42
#40 Olcadan #43
#41 Elysium #44
#42 Edge Master #45

Last edited:
Wow!!!

Li Long over Algol.

There's hope.

1521415729771.gif

If they had considered the votes of Pyrrha/Pyrrha Ω, Patroklos/α Patroklos & Lizardman/Aeon together, the result would be this:
#25 Pyrrha #28 & #36
#26 Astaroth #25
#27 Lizardman (Aeon) #30 & #35
#28 Z.W.E.I. #26
#29 Natsu #27
#30 Xiba #29
#31 Rock
#32 Li Long
#33 Patroklos #37 & #38
#34 Algol #33
#35 Dampierre #34
#36 Soul Edge (Inferno) #39
#37 Leixia #40
#38 Abyss #41
#39 Charade #42
#40 Olcadan #43
#41 Elysium #44
#42 Edge Master #45
Even then poor Pattycakes is still ranked near the bottom. R.I.P.

What if the last SamSho S2 DLC is Mitsurugi?
I wouldn't rule it out: cross promotion of this sort often goes both ways. I'll say this though: if Mitsu gets in to ShamSho the redundancy of his design on other characters in that game is going to be even greater than Haohmaru's is in SoulCal.

As much as I want Hwang in, I think the final spot is gonna be Algol...hope I’m wrong
I don't want to act as if no one likes Algol, but that would be pretty disappointing. From my own observations, a lot of people have been asking for either one of the Korean swordsmen (mainly Hwang) since the game initally launched, whereas Algol seems to be much less requested. Again, I know there's people out there who like Algol, but if we got him before Hwang or Yun-seong? A large portion of the fanbase wouldn't be happy, I'd bet.

I don't want to act as if no one likes Algol, but that would be pretty disappointing. From my own observations, a lot of people have been asking for either one of the Korean swordsmen (mainly Hwang) since the game initally launched, whereas Algol seems to be much less requested. Again, I know there's people out there who like Algol, but if we got him before Hwang or Yun-seong? A large portion of the fanbase wouldn't be happy, I'd bet.
Believe me I really want Hwang in...I’ll even settle for Yun...it’s just I think Algol would be the bigger character to end the season pass (hate to even say that) and I hear he’s really popular in Japan. I just don’t wanna get my hopes up again...

They should start putting Lizarman or Aeon before thinking of Algol, actually they should think of much more characters before thinking Algol.

It would be really retard (sorry but that's my thoughts) to put Algol over Hwang or Yun.

I'd rather Patroklos over Algol, just to name this one. I'd rather many things before Algol actually lmao

That being said i don't think Algol is too bad, not big fan of his game style, but his design was really cool, especially because he remind me of Hades in First God Of War.

I would say Li Long, Rock, Hwang, Aeon, Yun-seong, and Setsuka should all have prevalence over Algol, at least with regards to SoulCalibur VI.

SoulCalibur VII will thrust history forward to at least 1591, which is where Algol rises (or at least, where he rose originally, assuming Zasalamel or Cassandra don't cause history to change), and so having him come out then makes a lot more sense. Dampierre is more a toss-up, as his placement is just... random, and they haven't truly established his role as anything above a joke character, since he got nothing in SoulCalibur V, all we really have to go by is his questionably-canon appearance in Broken Destiny, and, well... yeah. Maybe Unbreakable Soul too, but no one played that, so that's a mystery.

But all that aside, Hwang and Aeon really should have been in the base game to begin with, and there are more than enough clues to suggest that was the original plan.

Back