Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I can draw another parallel, if what @Sectus said before was also true, that these characters will be released in pairs, then it would make sense for Yell to be Li Long and Star to be Yun-seong, because:

Rock and Li Long (forgotten relics of the past whose styles were usurped)
Yun-seong and Setsuka (tertiary characters related to previous characters)
Aeon and Hwang (characters who are seen in-game and yet don't fight, conspicuously)

I know that Aeon has the one battle in Libra of Soul where it's actually him instead of a random Lizardman, but I really see that as a fluke, more than anything else. Aeon and Hwang feel like they were cut from the main roster of SoulCalibur VI meant to be included more than any other characters. Hwang could have easily been in, like Han-myeong, fighting with Mitsurugi's style, or even with Xianghua's style, but he wasn't seen in combat at all.
If you pay attention they didn't put any major character with CAS Style. Just because they wanted to see if they can make them latter in DLC. Even EdgeMaster can appear later because he is not seen with CAS model.

It would be very intersting to have them with a Story Arc, interracting with other SC6 chars.

For that Aeon & Hwang being DLC 8 & 9 is questionning because of that 4CHAN leaks + Vergeben explanation. Also if you look to their Season Pass model, which was 4 DLC character at each season, it really seems that DLC 8 & 9 are not in the third Season Pass, they seemed to be added after or replanned or something.

Yet nobody bat an eye when Bamco added Geralt, whose latest major title was roughly four years ago.

The difference is that the Witcher III has sold well over a gobsmacking 30 million units in those last four years, with those sales only just recently slowing to a trickle. By comparison, Skyrim has sold not quite 23 million units, and 20 million of those were before 2013. Also, if you are going to reckon the dates by first release as opposed to peak popularity (as AMHP did), then it is worth noting that Skyrim is actually eight years old. Anyway, let's face it: Geralt has a lot more personality than the Dovakhin! (sp?)

To what? Represent all the angry yelling that would follow his inclusion?

I've always imagined that Patty was a huge disappointment to Sophitia. Just a clumsy, obnoxious kid who, even at that age, couldn't figure out how to hold a sword properly. "No, for crying out loud, just hold it in fr--hold it like a sword! Like a person holds a sword! Oh Hermes, you're as hopeless as your father--we better apprentice you at the forge..." It was a mercy that she died before she had to see that it could actually get worse with Pyrrha.

Last edited:
The difference is that the Witcher III has sold well over a gobsmacking 30 million units in those last four years, with those sales only just recently slowing to a trickle. By comparison, Skyrim has sold not quite 23 million units, and 20 million of those were before 2013. Also, if you are going to reckon the dates by first release as opposed to peak popularity (as AMHP did), then it is worth noting that Skyrim is actually eight years old. Anyway, let's face it: Geralt has a lot more personality than the Dovakhin! (sp?)
I was gonna reply but you took the words out of my mouth. Only thing i'll add is Geralt is an actual named character. Dovakhin is a title given to a custom character with no set weapon, style, appearance, personality or even gender. There is just the promotional images that only exist because a "suggested design" has to exist for marketing purposes.

I was gonna reply but you took the words out of my mouth. Only thing i'll add is Geralt is an actual named character. Dovakhin is a title given to a custom character with no set weapon, style, appearance, personality or even gender. There is just the promotional images that only exist because a "suggested design" has to exist for marketing purposes.

Yeah, but that said, that design is pretty darn iconic at this point--enough to justify it as a the representative model in a SC game (with various dragon shouts/elder scrolls moves worked into a basic Nordic warrior moveset). I think your initial insight is the most on the mark: the time for it, if ever, was six years ago. But you, know, I bet there are other popular Elder Scrolls characters, and didn't I see that ES:0 has a new major release coming out this year?

Yeah, but that said, that design is pretty darn iconic at this point--enough to justify it as a the representative model in a SC game (with various dragon shouts/elder scrolls moves worked into a basic Nordic warrior moveset). I think your initial insight is the most on the mark: the time for it, if ever, was six years ago. But you, know, I bet there are other popular Elder Scrolls characters, and didn't I see that ES:0 has a new major release coming out this year?

I imagine ESO always has something in the works as its an MMO but then that probably means there are never any single characters popular enough to justify as a guest.

Honestly i think the best shot would have been Mirrak. At least that is a character and not every guest needs to be a hero. We need villains too. He was on all the promotional images and had a cool voice.

But really, what makes you all think Hilde is Yell? For the rest, I agree, it makes sense: Reptile is Aeon, Stone is Rock, Star is Algol (because Viola wouldn't be born, either normally or because something happened to Amy), Yellow could refer to Hwang and Snow could refer to Setsuka (unless Okubo pulls a Harada and reveals Jon Snow from Game of Thrones instead).

As for Yell, I flat-out see no connection between that codename and Hilde. Now, if it was wolf-related, I'd get it. Same thing if that codename was lance or royalty-themed. But Yell? Nope. No link. That's why I think it's more likely to be a newcomer or a guest character.

As for Yell, I flat-out see no connection between that codename and Hilde. Now, if it was wolf-related, I'd get it. Same thing if that codename was lance or royalty-themed. But Yell? Nope. No link. That's why I think it's more likely to be a newcomer or a guest character.
I think the connection is that people feel like there absolutely must be Hilde somewhere among those codenames no matter what and Yell is the one codename that initially had no better explanations, so Hilde got shoved into Yell for that reason. Now that a much better connection has been drawn between Yell and Dampierre I think it might be wise to stop associating Yell with Hilde and instead somehow shove her into Star instead, because there is no way they would exclude Hilde for lesser characters like Rock, am I right?!?!

I honestly think the only obvious ones are Reptile and Stone. The rest seem way too arbitrary for anyone to narrowly pin down.

Time to tweet Okubo about them and hopefully get some implications and hints! /s

ANY THOUGHTS?

I'd prefer Hwang and Hilde, especially instead of the dragon born. But that's personal preference for me. I personally think damp is hilarious, and I love him. Can't see many people wanting algol, but it'd be nice to see him (and get some sexy sexy armour looking like sciv. Woo.) I need setsuka. Rock is meh, but it's nice to see people getting a character they love regardless of how popular.

TL;DR I like everything except dragon born.

Back