Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

According to Okubo Haohmaru could be the 1st DLC, but they prefer to leave it as 2nd DLC. This leads me to think that the first DLC is a character that was on SC 5/Lost Swords, so they could focus on the other DLCs.
  • Aeon was on SC 5, but I don't think he's in the game unless it's the S&S/A&S version (:sc2liz1:), which was already being worked on (Lesser Lizard), but it must have been cut due to time, It also fits the focus of the game, which is SC 1.
:sc5aon1:: 10% :sc2liz1:: 90%
  • Algol & Dampierre both were in SC 5, although they are unique they would not fit in the plot, maybe Dampierre, because we do not know his origin, but I doubt they are in this game.
:sc4alg1:: 5% :sc5dam1:: 10%
  • Setsuka technically she was not in SC 5 (αPatroklos). She has a unique gameplay and is quite popular compared to the other remaining characters. Aside from Cassandra and Hwang, I'd say she's one of the most mentioned characters on BAMCO / Project Soul social pages. Unfortunately she is basically Mi-Na 2.0 Which would lead me to believe that maybe we can see a young Setsuka in training and in the end she loses her master and have a real reason to be in the game.
:sc3set1:: 80%
  • While Setsuka is best unique girl in the West, I would say Hilde is very popular in the East. Although she only entered the battle when Algol was released, If I'm not mistaken Wolfkrone was attacked, then nothing prevents us from seeing the young hilde QUEEN fighting against malfested in her kingdom.
:sc4hil1:: 80%
  • Edge Master is connects with several characters in the series, I don't see it as a paid DLC, free maybe..
When they spoke in resurrection came to mind a character that is in time without appearing in a main game, which would lead to our 3rd DLC.
  • Mr. Yellow has more chances from all characters from SE/SC. He's important to Mi-Na's flashback, just as Amy and Cassandra. He also appear in Libra of Soul, had an own voice actor and also is really popular character.
:sc3hwang1:: 90%
  • Rock had a chance to return to Lost Swords, thanks to the Japanese fans, but is clearly obvious Project Soul really wants hide him, they would have to modified great part from his gameplay. He has plot relevance in history, but lacks originality and popularity. I'm really sad for him..
:sc4roc1: : 35%
  • Li Long, I—
:sc2maxi2:: 5%
  • Sadly my best boy Yun-seong don't fit in this timeline, so is better BAMCO save him for SC VII.
:sc2yun2:: 1%
I won't talk about possible new characters unless I'm 90% sure there will be someone. :sc2rap3::sc2tak2:

Haohmaru is confirmed and Hwang and Setsuka are pretty much locks for the next two slots, IMO. I think Aeon gets the last S2 slot, since they can sell the pass off the strength of Haoh and Sets.

Then Hilde, a new guest (maybe Cloud or Sephiroth), a brand new character, and one returning character (hoping for a reworked Rock/Bangoo that functions like Kratos/Atreus or a Safavid stand user based on ZWEI) to close the game out for S3.

If they were going to get a FFVII character as a guest, seems like season 2 would have been the time to do so, what with the FFVII remake coming in March.

If they were going to get a FFVII character as a guest, seems like season 2 would have been the time to do so, what with the FFVII remake coming in March.
Every other guest character appeared after their most recent game was released. Why would this time be different? Especially since Project Soul and Namco are using the love that people have built for guest characters in their native games to help them sell SC6 copies and not the other way around.

Every other guest character appeared after their most recent game was released. Why would this time be different? Especially since Project Soul and Namco are using the love that people have built for guest characters in their native games to help them sell SC6 copies and not the other way around.
Good points! I stand corrected.

I'm reminded that SoulCalibur V could have very well had Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII, and it was so weird that Ail Hillis provided a voice (Cynical) for custom characters, as some sort of odd tease. Still in SoulCalibur VI, as Taciturn Cynic, it's so Lightning it hurts.

Why does Soul Calibur have to have more guests, they are so numerous now (Haohmaru would be the 15th) that Project Soul may as well create a separate entry with just characters from other games with Soul Calibur mechanics.

It's just something that's become associative with SoulCalibur, much the same as its robust customization mode. SoulCalibur II was arguably only as popular as it was due to the guests, particularly Link and Heihachi. Spawn was the weakest link, though he still had fans for sure. People lamented the fact that SoulCalibur III didn't have a true guest (only Namco cameos in custom parts: KOS-MOS, Gil, Valkyrie, Neneko, Jin, and King), and so they made a return in SoulCalibur IV, for a cross-promotion with The Force Unleashed, bringing us the Star Wars folks. Broken Destiny picked up Kratos, of course, due to being Sony-only, because it could. Then SoulCalibur V got Ezio, who was very popular and fitting the setting, unlike some of the ones that came before.

We really just have to live with it, at this point. Just be happy that Necrid will likely never return.

Geralt definitely fits best in the new vision of SoulCalibur where literally everyone damn near has magical powers of some kind, but Ezio was the best fit for the SoulCalibur of old. I just can't take Link seriously in SoulCalibur, so I wouldn't say he's fitting at all, too Nintendo. He was better when they split him up and created Chester and Abelia. Though as an extra credit answer, I do really like Valkyrie as a customization in SoulCalibur III and 3p costume for Cassandra.

My favorite Guest to play with was Dark Vador and i don't even give a damn about SW, and which is even weird considering he appeared in my least favorite SC gameplay wise.

I didn't played much the psp game game but as a huge Kratos fan there was a chance i would find him fun to play.

That being said i think Geralt is the best fitting guest gameplay, there's also Ezio but there was something a bit off on his gameplay.

My favorite Guest to play with was Darth Vader and i don't even give a damn about SW, and which is even weird considering he appeared in my least favorite SC gameplay wise.

I didn't played much the psp game game but as a huge Kratos fan there was a chance i would find him fun to play.

That being said i think Geralt is the best fitting guest gameplay, there's also Ezio but there was something a bit off on his gameplay.
Fixed.

Back