Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

Hwang was always pink since the PlayStation release of SoulBlade:
latest

Aeon being grey is a harder sell, though. He's always green or orange.

Aeon being grey is a harder sell, though. He's always green or orange.
On the other hand, if Hilde can be yellow, Lizardman can certainly be grey; there's plenty of grey in his visual design in the most recent games (post-PS2 era), and I'm just not sure how much predictive power we can ascribe to the colours at this point--other than to say that if pink isn't Setsuka then, yeah, we can pretty much acknowledge that PS is actively trolling (if not commercially catfishing!) its fans at that point, lol. But with grey, I think that could literally be anybody at this point and I would shrug and say "I guess? Moving on..".

To respond to Lisa's initial inquiry though (as someone who likes Setsuka and what she brings to the game, but has never mained her or Alpha Patroklos) I would be ok with either Lizardman or Hwang being introduced. That is to say, it wouldn't substantially affect my perception of the value of the season overall, if it were the case that they were the last two characters of Season 2. But I would be annoyed on behalf of resolute Setsuka fans, who have been waiting some time for the return of a not-unpopular character, and one which adds a very unique style to the options available to the player base. In that same regard, I think Hwang is certainly higher priority than Lizardman, since we already have two of the classic sword and shield styles in the game. Setsuka and Hwang would be what i would feel was best for the game, for variety, and for community endorsement of the picks (at least in the anglophone markets...).

Last edited:
I feel like gray could be just about anyone. Yellow represented Hilde's golden armor, while red represents the accents of Hao's design so gray could represent silver armor, or gray hair, or maybe even the color of the weapon, with the design being more black like the background 🤷
Hell, pink could be a troll and result in a pink-haired Yun-Seong lmao

I feel like gray could be just about anyone. Yellow represented Hilde's golden armor, while red represents the accents of Hao's design so gray could represent silver armor, or gray hair, or maybe even the color of the weapon, with the design being more black like the background 🤷
Hell, pink could be a troll and result in a pink-haired Yun-Seong lmao
It could also be a pink Aeon/Lizardman lol.

Maybe I'm dumb, but whats actually up with the union? Is there a reason ac can't use union va's? Could someone give me an explanation?

Maybe I'm dumb, but whats actually up with the union? Is there a reason ac can't use union va's? Could someone give me an explanation?
Basically, working as a union voice actor, you have far better job security, but the tradeoff to this is that you can only work with specific projects that are signed on with the union. So it means you've got access to a smaller number of possible roles, but it guarantees you that you will continue to get roles as long as you continue being part of the union. There's probably more to it than just that, but this is the short version. Most Japanese projects are non-union, because the unions that English voice actors belong to are based in the United States. So union voice actors tend to trend towards video games and animation made in the United States. Some get exceptions in their contracts, if they're iconic in a specific role or something, but it has to be a profound reason to be able to work non-union once you've gone union. The union is meant to give the job stability, and working non-union once you've gone union is seen as somewhat of a betrayal of trust.

Basically, working as a union voice actor, you have far better job security, but the tradeoff to this is that you can only work with specific projects that are signed on with the union. So it means you've got access to a smaller number of possible roles, but it guarantees you that you will continue to get roles as long as you continue being part of the union. There's probably more to it than just that, but this is the short version. Most Japanese projects are non-union, because the unions that English voice actors belong to are based in the United States. So union voice actors tend to trend towards video games and animation made in the United States. Some get exceptions in their contracts, if they're iconic in a specific role or something, but it has to be a profound reason to be able to work non-union once you've gone union. The union is meant to give the job stability, and working non-union once you've gone union is seen as somewhat of a betrayal of trust.
In other words, we may never hear Crispin Freeman’s amazing voice work of Siegfried ever again in another Soulcalibur game. :’(

Back