Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

I would've liked ZWEI more if he had less reliance on EIN. And personally I find EIN to be a bit of an eyesore so if his overall design was toned down a bit, he'd be more tolerable.
I would enjoy if his EIN attacks were limited to Soul Charge moves, special throws, and his Critical edge, allowing for his actual weapon to be fleshed out a bit more.
But even with those tweaks, he's still not that high up on my wishlist tbh

I would've liked ZWEI more if he had less reliance on EIN. And personally I find EIN to be a bit of an eyesore so if his overall design was toned down a bit, he'd be more tolerable.
I would enjoy if his EIN attacks were limited to Soul Charge moves, special throws, and his Critical edge, allowing for his actual weapon to be fleshed out a bit more.
But even with those tweaks, he's still not that high up on my wishlist tbh
That's fair. I Thought Zwei himself was a badass, but EIN was never really a highlight for me. He was meh at worst, but he never really impressed me. Zwei himself was why I liked the style, he was really cool imo. I remember the first time I had to fight him and he hit me with that 'Sorry, I didn't quite catch all that' and he became one of my favourite characters in the series though. Didn't really enjoy playing him too much though, I agree on that.

If anything, I'm mildly afraid that Grøh's lack of popularity, even in Japan, might potentially hurt Z.W.E.I.'s chances to return and have a second chance to not be the lowest tier character in the game. Almost quite literally no one notable uses Grøh that I've seen on any of the circuits.

If anything, I'm mildly afraid that Grøh's lack of popularity, even in Japan, might potentially hurt Z.W.E.I.'s chances to return and have a second chance to not be the lowest tier character in the game. Almost quite literally no one notable uses Grøh that I've seen on any of the circuits.
Groh honestly just doesn’t seem to go beyond the neutral and Soul Charge game. He’s good at these games but he definitely feels outclassed in other areas that those in his archetype have the tools for. Voldo has the oki and spacing advantage, Mitsu has his crazy i12 and i14 punishers, and Xianghua has a lot of frame traps and safety nets. There’s just not much reason to use Groh unless you’re feeling edgy or want a strong Soul Charge.

There’s just not much reason to use Groh unless you’re feeling edgy or want a strong Soul Charge.
I sometimes embody those traits. I also enjoy his attack name callouts. I do wish he had more presence, maybe he needs a dancing partner like Raphael.

Vergeben leaked Talim unused concept for SC VI. OMG she serves, I hope this outfit comes in CaS D. Kappa
makoto-chronophantasma.jpg

I was wondering... If there's going to be a Season 3, do you guys think it will be the last one? Besides Setsuka and Hwang, I'm also hoping for Rock and Aeon. I actually also want Viola and ZWEI if possible, I know people are saying they can't come because of timeline and such...

I don't know of any fighting games that have a fourth season, so it seems like the third season would be likely the last. So conservatively, let's say we get four more characters after this and that's it. That does have room for Aeon, Hwang, Setsuka, Rock, and Yun-seong, as one possibility, with one free slot. That free slot could be a fourth guest, or it could be a wild card like Z.W.E.I., Dampierre, or a new character.

just make all of them Rock so i dont have to listen to all that hwang bitching anymore Kappa

Last edited:
I don't know of any fighting games that have a fourth season, so it seems like the third season would be likely the last. So conservatively, let's say we get four more characters after this and that's it. That does have room for Aeon, Hwang, Setsuka, Rock, and Yun-seong, as one possibility, with one free slot. That free slot could be a fourth guest, or it could be a wild card like Z.W.E.I., Dampierre, or a new character.

I see . BTW, do think Rock has a chance? He placed 31st in the poll, behind SCV characters...

I don't know of any fighting games that have a fourth season...
Street Fighter V is currently in it's 4th season.
Also while home versions of Tekken 7 are technically on Season 3, you can say there was Season 0 between the vanilla Arcade release and Fated Retribution.

I see . BTW, do think Rock has a chance? He placed 31st in the poll, behind SCV characters...
I think that poll gets a lot more credit than what it's worth. If we get Setsuka and Yun-seong instead of Setsuka and Hwang for season two, then... maybe it does have that level of power, but Hwang makes infinitely more sense to be included over Yun-seong, we'll see. It would make more sense for Rock to make an appearance over Viola or Algol, is why I mentioned him instead, so... I believe he's got a chance, but it remains to be seen. Aeon placed higher than Lizardman, though his art absolutely shows him with sword and shield, which would be Lizardman instead of Aeon. And so I firmly believe we'll see a completed form of the Lesser Lizardman style, not the dual axes of Aeon, even if Aeon placed higher than Lizardman. Time will tell, really.

About Street Fighter V, well, that's news to me, but Tekken 7 (our neighbor) is on season three, and Dragon Ball FighterZ just got season two along with Samurai Shodown, that was my basis for comparison.

Back