Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only issues with that are...William being on a game that will be available for XB1, when his own game isn’t. Also, the series already has its own Mighty Whitey samurai in Arthur, technically (who was actually present in some versions of SCI).
That isn't an issue at all. Also, Arthur? You must be joking. Out of all characters in the series, Arthur is likely one of the least important ones, if not the least important.

That isn't an issue at all. Also, Arthur? You must be joking. Out of all characters in the series, Arthur is likely one of the least important ones, if not the least important.

There's nothing stopping them from making him relevant to the story, as is the case for a lot of other extraneous characters in the series.

There's nothing stopping them from making him relevant to the story, as is the case for a lot of other extraneous characters in the series.
There is plenty, actually. To make Arthur relevant they would have to give him everything new, to the point where is just better making a new character and leaving him on the background.

007-4.jpg

soulcalibur-story-layout.jpg

Looks like we know how many characters are in the main story (currently) (thanks to siliconera though we also know that other characters not in the main story will have their own modes as well and this is in addition to the 'other' story mode). So 18 characters will be part of the main story. I am pretty damn sure that if Talim is going to be in the game she will be appearing right above Zasalamel as it has only 4 things between 1589 and 1590 which fits with her appearance timeline wise. That said though it could also be Tira since that would fit as well and could be reasonably argued to have more relevance in the main story and be easier to put in the timeline at that point as she could be an independent assassin. This would mean Talim is likely being held for the side story mode or the other story mode (if she is in the game at all...which being the most popular character I'm assuming she will be).

If we are to compare the two images though we can see some discernible differences. One the first image seems to be earlier in the story mode timeline as some events do not seem to be available yet whereas in the second image we see it go further for multiple characters. In addition to that however we also can see that the soul chronicle mode expands with each chronicle. so although we only see 13 dots it means that it could be much further than 13 chapters. Honestly the timeline for the mode is confusing without a proper understanding of it although it definitely does not seem to go further than 1590 or earlier than 1583.

We also see in the first image that Sophitia is fighting Rothion...this could mean he is a playable character but my guess is this is similar to SCIV (and earlier) where characters from the story itself appear to fight characters.

Cervantes is likely two below Ivy with Astaroth I think being directly above Nightmare. I believe that Voldo might be directly above Yoshimitsu but it could be someone else. I think Lizardman if he is indeed a character will be underneath Yoshimitsu (I am primarily basing this off of the fact it appears at the same time as Nightmare I believe the second new character will be between groh and ivy.

We see on the timeline that Nightmare, Ivy, and two additional characters all start at the same time and since we have an image of Nightmare, Ivy, Astaroth, and Lizardman I am predicting that those blurred spots are for those two characters.

let's hope for a reveal today

Grøh's inclusion (and his leaked father) is intriguing, at that, don't get me wrong, But that he's so out of place in itself is perhaps his plot point, as has been speculated that perhaps he is a time traveler, given his far more modern look that absolutely does not look like it came out of the sixteenth century, it's a well-reasoned enough possibility that it could be true. Time travel is an established concept, as seen in SoulCalibur V, where Edge Master sent Patroklos back in time to undo the killing of Pyrrha.
From a design standpoint, Grøh is far from the semi-historical approach that the majority of designs have shown. He's much like Z.W.E.I.

Why is Xianghua's timeline completely separate from Kilik's? Earlier no less.

And the alleged Grøh's father might be below Grøh's, I think.

Last edited:
This is my take:

hDox1OY.jpg

The ????? could be Hwang, Rock, or Grøh's father, it's really the only mystery, to me.

@jtdam09 -- These are individual character stories, so that Xianghua and Kilik don't have overlap could be parts of the journey where they are apart, or get separated. I'm sure there will be plenty of Xianghua and Kilik interaction in the main story. The characters who have a lot of overlap in the individual character stories are more the folks who won't have a lot of involvement in the main story.

I honestly don't think that Lizardman will be playable. My guess is that he'll just be a CaS jobber that uses whichever moveset Rothion does.

There still is no confirmed pre-order bonus, and I doubt there will be. The season pass bonus is enough.

I honestly don't think that Lizardman will be playable. My guess is that he'll just be a CaS jobber that uses whichever moveset Rothion does.
Still keeping this up, huh?

I can't believe you think Lizardman won't be playable, but Rothion will be an actual character. I mean, really?

Rothion is not a playable character in SOULCALIBUR VI.
Still keeping this up, huh?

I can't believe you think Lizardman won't be playable, but Rothion will be an actual character. I mean, really?
What?? No where did I say that Rothion will be playable. I said that theoretical nonplayable Lizardman would use the same style which Rothion uses. Sophitia fights Rothion in the story which means that he uses someones playstyle, not that he's a playable character.

The only possible rival of the Lizardman is Rock, I doubt he is Cassandra's rival, I would put her as Raphael's enemy and leave Talim opposite to Yun Seong.
Cervantes as the season pass bonus, since in SC I-III He is a ghost and just walked around the seas to find Soul Edge, in the beginning of SC IV where he had his fragments stolen by Tira and at the end (of SC IV) when he fought against Ivy.
SCVI SelectScreen.jpg

Bonus: Cervantes
DLC I
DLC II
DLC III: 2nd Guest (!?)
I wanted these 104 days to end soon, I'm gonna be crazy with these rosters ...

Last edited:
So I'm feeling this right now, personally:

Code:
Hwang       | Siegfried | Zasalamel | Nightmare | Lizardman
Xianghua    | Maxi      | Sophitia  | Astaroth  | Ivy
Yoshimitsu  | Kilik     | Inferno   | Grøh      | Voldo
Talim       | Mitsurugi | Geralt    | Taki      | Cervantes
Seong Mi-na | Cassandra | Raphael   | Tira      | Random

I don't believe Rock will make it into the game, but Hwang has a chance, being the one under Grøh on the timeline list. Hwang can be Lizardman's "rival" in that they really don't have true rivals between each other, but they did both inhabit the Silk Road Ruin in the past, as a loose connection. But I'd put Nightmare, Lizardman, Astaroth, and Ivy all in their corner, as the Schwarzstrom, they should stick together. Cervantes goes opposite Ivy vertically much like Talim does Xianghua. Talim and Cervantes may not necessarily be rivals, but neither really are Xianghua and Ivy before now, so it could be some new connection for the sake of it. Tira also goes opposite Nightmare vertically, hinting at their future together.

The bottom left corner three are all non-story participants, but they round out the rest of the casting. Seong Mi-na opposite Hwang vertically makes sense, and Cassandra opposing Tira (to protect her sister) also makes a decent amount of sense. Raphael really doesn't have a side until he confronts Nightmare in SoulCalibur II, so he can ride the middle. I'm also putting Inferno as the mimic in the middle, unlocked upon main story completion. CaS I'm putting in the small node on the bottom left, and the small node on the bottom right would be DLC. Or swap those around, whichever way.

What?? No where did I say that Rothion will be playable. I said that theoretical nonplayable Lizardman would use the same style which Rothion uses. Sophitia fights Rothion in the story which means that he uses someones playstyle, not that he's a playable character.
In any case, there's no way they're cutting out the freaking Lizardman. Jesus.

Back