Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Considering Lizardman is tied with Voldo for Soul Calibur's mascot character there's no way they'll not have him.

There has to be at least one more update to the roster, since we need spaces for the DLC characters (they're obviously not going to just put them in some list off to the side).

That could mean 24 characters (or 25 if the middle is also an unlock) since there's 4 dlc characters and, if the speculation is right and the names shift down for more slots, there'd be space for one more base game slot if they keep it to 5 slots per row.

I wouldn't count on it but it's a possibility.
Bandai Namco has a tendency to build spots for DLC characters onto the roster without an expansion of any sort. Darth Vader and Yoda each had a spot depending on the version and Dampierre had his slot already as well.
That's why there has to be another character select screen update before release.

There's 23 slots on the current roster and 20 of those are definitely in the base game (since there's 20 playable characters in story mode), so there's not enough space for the 4 dlc characters right now. There'll have to be another larger character select if they do the same again and have the dlc slots there in the base game.

I suppose that could also be where the CAS slot is (if it's not in the middle or in those weird white circles), with the new bottom row being 1 slot for CAS and 4 slots left blank for dlc.

From the general discussion thread, a few more other discussions came up and this was a bit lost, but I feel like a possibility needs to be mentioned, and maybe we can discuss it in here. I hadn't considered this possibility, and it's likely not many people have, but with this line of thinking in mind, assuming that the 5x5 screen really is the final roster size / number of slots, paired with the leak information from @Vergeben or @Hayate (I forget who said it) that the bottom left three would be characters who are not included in the story mode...

...is it not possible that the bottom left three slots are reserved for the DLC characters from the season pass? Some have speculated that Inferno would be the bonus character, and that it would go in the center slot, so that's where the fourth DLC character is, with the other three going in the last three available slots. It would then make more sense why we have 20 story mode slots and 23/24 character slots, since the DLC characters wouldn't be involved in the main story. And even take into consideration that Inferno isn't unlockable at all, through the story mode or through DLC, that the second guest character could go in the center, right next to Geralt, and the other three would be SoulCalibur returning characters.

Obviously, I would not want this to be the case, since it makes the roster even smaller than was considered before. It's just that this doesn't really seem to have crossed anyone's mind when it comes to roster speculation. The two mysterious tiny slots on the bottom left and bottom right could then be CaS and Bonus Characters (like Rothion), which settles a dilemma I had a couple pages back.

I can't imagine that being the case, Okubo seems pretty aware of fan hype and expectations and such and showing an increased roster size when only half the characters are revealed after lots of complaining about the roster being too small, only for the 3 extra slots just being placeholders for dlc that won't be filled for likely months past release, wouldn't fit with the whole 'playing to the fans' that SCVI has kind of done so far. It'd cause a huge amount of backlash and the whole point of this game so far is them responding to the backlash SCV got.

It would also just be a bit odd to put one dlc in the middle blank spot and 3 on placeholder slots (in all likelihood there's nothing in the middle, considering SCV also had a big open spot in the middle of the roster for decoration).

That's why I wouldn't want it to be true, but the pieces fit. The fourth "DLC" character being in the middle makes more sense if it's Inferno, the bonus character from the season pass, who could also be unlocked by finishing the main story. Where the other three DLC characters are "real" DLC, with the other guest going under Geralt and then the other two slots to the left being SoulCalibur characters.

I still think the two slots of nothing in SoulCalibur V would have been Talim and Zasalamel, personally, if not for development being cut before it was finished. I can't imagine why they would ever want to waste space like that. Something is definitely going in that middle slot, they just left it blank to be cheeky to keep us speculators guessing.

With the latest reveal, my expectation still holds mostly true:

Code:
Hwang       | Siegfried | Zasalamel | Nightmare | Lizardman
Xianghua    | Maxi      | Sophitia  | Astaroth  | Ivy
Yoshimitsu  | Kilik     | Inferno   | Grøh      | Voldo
Grøh's Dad  | Mitsurugi | Geralt    | Taki      | Cervantes
Seong Mi-na | Raphael   | Talim     | Tira      | Random

This leaves the DLC to be Cassandra, Setsuka, Hilde, and Second Guest.

You can really tell that Okubo-san genuinely loves soul calibur. He seems to really care about the game and want it to be the best it can be. He listens to the fans, and innovates the game to look and play (I assume haven't had the pleasure to play it yet) really fun. I was just thinking about how happy I am that Okubo-san is in charge. Seeing Mi-Na really made me happy and I was a tad tired when the reveals were announced.
Edit: This makes me fairly confident Okubo-san has something up his sleeve to really please us fans. I'm also pretty sure we'll get Hilde, Cass and Raph at this point. Okubo-san has really come through for us with a lot of characters.

Does anyone else think that they will be adding more lines to Story Mode? I really can't place Seong Mi-na anywhere in the blurred names.

I think they'll add two more lines, maybe three, so it would look like this (confirmed, blurred, new):

Mitsurugi
Taki
Kilik
Maxi
Xianghua
Grøh

Grøh's Dad
Hwang
Seong Mi-na
Ivy
Cervantes
Lizardman
Astaroth

Nightmare
Siegfried
Sophitia

Tira
Raphael
Yoshimitsu
Voldo
Talim

Zasalamel
Geralt

Grøh's Dad being a maybe, I could see it possibly if you complete all main and side story lines, his unlocks as the last one to show his motivations.

In light of recent events and possible discoveries that we may indeed have a sixth row, I have a new prediction, still mostly the same as before, but this is including the DLC characters from the season pass:

Code:
Hwang       | Siegfried | Zasalamel  | Nightmare | Lizardman
Xianghua    | Maxi      | Sophitia   | Astaroth  | Ivy
Yoshimitsu  | Kilik     | Inferno    | Grøh      | Voldo
Talim       | Mitsurugi | Geralt     | Taki      | Cervantes
Seong Mi-na | Raphael   | Grøh's Dad | Tira      | Second Guest
CaS         | Hilde     | Cassandra  | Setsuka   | Random

The white circles may have been a lie.

My final roster
ndeWA7l.gif

Final Roster.jpg

My final roster
ndeWA7l.gif
@LisaK I swear we all have different views on who opposes who. But I can't ever see Cervantes on the far left, with the heroes, no matter what happens, I don't think Cervantes makes any sense anywhere else than to the right of Taki, with Voldo above him. Then the question becomes who opposes Cervantes, and of the people we have left, Talim seems the most likely. Raphael's not evil in this time period yet either, so he would go on the left side, with Tira opposing him as a callback to the SoulCalibur III opening puts her on the right side. Seong Mi-na got shifted to the bottom row because of Talim, which would leave... Yun-seong for the middle, which I guess would make sense, if at this point in the time period, he hasn't been swayed to pursue Soul Edge yet, so he would be neutral. But if we were doing a one is on the left, one is on the right, then Yun-seong or Hwang would be on the left, and Seong Mi-na would be on the right, since she's the one who is pursuing Soul Edge this time. But then this is where I disagree with Yun-seong being included at all, so swap out Hwang, and then Hwang in the center, maybe, but it would make more sense for him to be in the upper left corner, to oppose Lizardman to reference their co-ownership of the Silk Road Ruin, which would put Hilde in the center, which, if you think Hilde is in, I could see her fitting there. But Inferno would be a better fit, too, so that explains my differences from yours.

@LisaK I swear we all have different views on who opposes who. But I can't ever see Cervantes on the far left, with the heroes, no matter what happens, I don't think Cervantes makes any sense anywhere else than to the right of Taki, with Voldo above him. Then the question becomes who opposes Cervantes, and of the people we have left, Talim seems the most likely. Raphael's not evil in this time period yet either, so he would go on the left side, with Tira opposing him as a callback to the SoulCalibur III opening puts her on the right side. Seong Mi-na got shifted to the bottom row because of Talim, which would leave... Yun-seong for the middle, which I guess would make sense, if at this point in the time period, he hasn't been swayed to pursue Soul Edge yet, so he would be neutral. But if we were doing a one is on the left, one is on the right, then Yun-seong or Hwang would be on the left, and Seong Mi-na would be on the right, since she's the one who is pursuing Soul Edge this time. But then this is where I disagree with Yun-seong being included at all, so swap out Hwang, and then Hwang in the center, maybe, but it would make more sense for him to be in the upper left corner, to oppose Lizardman to reference their co-ownership of the Silk Road Ruin, which would put Hilde in the center, which, if you think Hilde is in, I could see her fitting there. But Inferno would be a better fit, too, so that explains my differences from yours.
Hilde or Salia - I put someone who has some relationship with Siegfried. Poor Sieg, has no friends.

Cervantes - below your dear daughter. =D

Tira - In the middle, like Zasalamel (SC3 characters).

Raphael - Probably a vampire, so... evil side for my boy.

Talim, Mi-Na and Yun - Together forever.

Cut Characters - Confirmed
  1. Patroklos
  2. Alpha Patroklos
  3. Pyrrha
  4. Pyrrha Omega
  5. Natsu
  6. Z.W.E.I.
  7. Leixia
  8. Viola
  9. Xiba
  10. Hilde
  11. Algol
What the fuck? How is Hilde confirmed to be out of the game? @Vergeben himself said (way earlier on, in fact) that she's planned as DLC.

What the fuck? How is Hilde confirmed to be out of the game? @Vergeben himself said (way earlier on, in fact) that she's planned as DLC.
It was officially stated in an interview that there would be no IV or V characters, and I ain't trusting Vergeben after he was wrong so many times.

It was officially stated in an interview that there would be no IV or V characters, and I ain't trusting Vergeben after he was wrong so many times.
The only time he was wrong is about Seong Mi-na. Do you have a link to that interview?

The only time he was wrong is about Seong Mi-na. Do you have a link to that interview?
And about Zoro being the guest, and I'm sure there's more that I can't name right now.

At 1:11:58.

And about Zoro being the guest, and I'm sure there's more that I can't name right now.

At 1:11:58.
Oh, that guy. He doesn't seem convincing at all. It looks like he was dodging the question, if anything. In fact, he says at 1:11:10 that Talim is from southeast Asia, no country in specific when it has been already confirmed since her debut in SC2 that she's Filipina. I honestly wouldn't trust him on things like that.

Also, Vergeben wasn't the person claiming Zoro's going to be a guest in SCVI lol. You're mistaking him for someone else. That individual (dont really know his name, though i think he's from 4chan) said a lot of shit and @MarkMan himself came to this site to debunk that shit. The only thing Vergeben said regarding Zoro is that his name was mentioned, nothing more nothing less.

He corrected Zasalamel being DLC before his reveal. Not sure what you mean by the Groh's dad thing but that remains to be seen.

Back