Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
With this Azwel reveal trailer I assume that they left only 4-5 characters to be revealed, so Cervantes, Hwang, Raphael and maybe a new female character, if we'll not get a new female then Lizardman! But I think that Lizardman maybe will be available only for CaS! And...Inferno who probable is the new Soul Calibur VI mimic!

zroster (1).jpg

lul made this two days ago

GG no re

Hwang might take the CaS slot and CaS might move to the side, but I doubt it.

With this Azwel reveal trailer I assume that they left only 4-5 characters to be revealed, so Cervantes, Hwang, Raphael and maybe a new female character, if we'll not get a new female then Lizardman! But I think that Lizardman maybe will be available only for CaS! And...Inferno who probable is the new Soul Calibur VI mimic!
Only 3 slots left

Remaining Base Roster: Raphael, Hwang, Rock, & Aeon(Lizardman)
DLC: Setsuka, Hilde, & Unknown Guest

24 slots, 19 revealed... o.0 (one of which is DLC)

Or is it confirmed by Namco themselves 2 slots will be for random/CaS?

The spot in the center of the Character Select Screen might be DLC because Tira is DLC & will have a Soul Chronicle story. I believe Inferno will not be a playable boss because he's a mimic. Azwel is more unique than Inferno to be actual playable boss character like Algol.

I really just kind of want it all out so we can stop debating it, even though personally I don't think there's much room for debate anymore, except maybe who is going to be DLC. The remaining characters to be revealed are most assuredly Hwang, Lizardman, Cervantes, and Raphael. There's room enough for both Inferno and Azwel to be playable, so I can't see any reason to not have Inferno unlockable, either. His assets already exist, and it would just be annoying to have him be encounterable and yet not playable. Especially if he keeps his unique Inferno moves, he'll be more than just a mimic.

This is what I assume we will be getting:

raphael.jpg
siegfried.jpg
zasalamel.jpg
nightmare.jpg
cervantes.jpg

xianghua.jpg
maxi.jpg
sophitia.jpg
astaroth.jpg
ivy.jpg

yoshimitsu.jpg
kilik.jpg
inferno.jpg
groh.jpg
voldo.jpg

talim.jpg
mitsurugi.jpg
geralt.jpg
taki.jpg
seong-mi-na.jpg

azwel.jpg
hwang.jpg
assassin.jpg
aeon.jpg
tira.jpg

The Character Creation and Random Select button will be allocated at the two small circles at the bottom row. The bottom row except Azwel will be DLC (Tira, Lizardman, Guest, and Hwang) since I'm assuming worst case. This is based on the more recent leak containing Azwel which had 22 characters including Tira. An older version of that leak had Lizardman and Hwang in it so I would assume that they weren't finished in time for the launch roster. If it isn't worst case then I'm assuming that we get all this except replace the guest character with Rock to complete the roster from the original Dreamcast roster minus Edge Master.

Another thing to note is that there are 20 slots in Soul Chronicle which points to the 19 standard characters and either Azwel or launch DLC Tira. I am doubtful of Hwang and Lizardman, though I am really wishing they are in the game at launch. I would main as Hwang if he makes it in the game.

Last edited:
I really just kind of want it all out so we can stop debating it, even though personally I don't think there's much room for debate anymore, except maybe who is going to be DLC. The remaining characters to be revealed are most assuredly Hwang, Lizardman, Cervantes, and Raphael. There's room enough for both Inferno and Azwel to be playable, so I can't see any reason to not have Inferno unlockable, either. His assets already exist, and it would just be annoying to have him be encounterable and yet not playable. Especially if he keeps his unique Inferno moves, he'll be more than just a mimic.

I know Inferno is the living will of Soul Edge, but he's a mimic. In Soul Edge he copied Cervantes' style & in the original SoulCalibur he copied Nightmare's style. The only thing important about Inferno is that he became Nightmare in SCIII & IV after Zas revives him when Siegfried get free will.

In the original SoulCalibur, Inferno copied NIghtmare's style for the first round, but was random after that. In SoulCalibur II, he copied your style for the first round, but was random after that. Looking at the E3 story trailer, it would appear that he's is going to be Nightmare's style for the beginning of the fight, but will probably random out afterwards. He will probably have his unique moves as seen in SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II, regardless of the style being used, so he has a bit more flair than just a mimic. He may even have a few new moves we've never seen before. Also no, in SoulCalibur III, Nightmare is a reanimated corpse in a suit of armor. Nightmare isn't purely Inferno of its own will until SoulCalibur IV.

In the original SoulCalibur, Inferno copied NIghtmare's style for the first round, but was random after that. In SoulCalibur II, he copied your style for the first round, but was random after that. Looking at the E3 story trailer, it would appear that he's is going to be Nightmare's style for the beginning of the fight, but will probably random out afterwards. He will probably have his unique moves as seen in SoulCalibur and SoulCalibur II, regardless of the style being used, so he has a bit more flair than just a mimic. He may even have a few new moves we've never seen before. Also no, in SoulCalibur III, Nightmare is a reanimated corpse in a suit of armor. Nightmare isn't purely Inferno of its own will until SoulCalibur IV.

Inferno will not be playable in SCVI. Those leaks are lies.

Inferno has unique moves, though. He's not just like Edge Master or Charade or Olcadan. He has special moves only he can do and he can do them no matter whose style he uses. Continuing in Elysium's footsteps, he can have his own unique Soul Charge effects and Critical Edge also, which allows you to play the styles in different ways.

My one issue with Inferno however is that he’s on fire which would wreck performance with those constant particles. I’m curious how he’ll work them.

And if he’s in, may that mean everyone gets a Soul Edge again?

Tira may only be listed for day 1 stuff. Leaker may have found Aeon and Hwang questionable.

Last edited:
I hope Tira & the DLC characters are going to be in the center of the character select screen because Tira has a Soul Chronicle Story.

Remember SCIII & IV had a space for bonus characters on character select screen.

I hope CaS are the white dots on the character select screen outside the story circle.

vlcsnap-2018-08-23-16h39m11s321.png

maxresdefault.jpg

sc4-s2.jpg

So, I was thinking and trying to break this down.

10 slots were left in the E3 build and from those 10 lets assume 1 is for CaS, since then we got the following characters:

-Talim
-Voldo
-Astaroth
-Mi-Na
-Tira(DLC)
-Azwel

Leaving 3 slots.

-Cervantes(Leaked)
-Raphael (Almost certain to make it in now)
-Inferno(Story mode trailer + leaked by the Azwel leak)

Leaving 1 spot in case Tira appears in the main roster and not in the DLC spots (Which would spell PR nightmare for Team Soul to be honest.)

The leak also said Hwang and Lizardman were found in the game files, for localization, but then another leak also said they were no where to be seem anymore. Of course there were the Cassandra rumors so long ago as well and her presence on story mode.

Hayate made a very similar breakdown in General, but I think here is also a good place to have it in plain sight. He also commented that this last slot could fall between the 3: Cassandra, Hwang and Lizardman and I agree, which one is a more complicated topic.

Hwang would be the hardest to import and the least popular choice, but also a call back to older fans and could be used as nostalgia bait.

Lizardman and Cassandra both intersect as S&S users who could please fans and out of the two Lizardman has a CaS race and Cassandra has her hair on CaS, Lizardman has the lead in that regard, that said Cassandra fans are very present on social media.

If this last slot is indeed real, and I want to believe, I wonder what they will do, because I really don't have any idea.

Last edited:
Back