Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
if the original leak includes DLC there will be hell to pay.

That would be less than 20 characters starting roster, so I seriously doubt they'd do that. The leakers had no idea that tira was DLC too.

We really don't have any evidence as to who will be DLC, it's just speculation and hopes.

Hwang and Lizardman were red herrings that unintentionally misled people in the first leak. Because the leaker saw files for Hwang and Liz and jumped to conclusions.

The second leaker said Lizardman is only a CAS clone and didn't even include Hwang.

So really I don't have any hopes for Aeon or Hwang as DLC.

if the original leak includes DLC there will be hell to pay.

That would be less than 20 characters starting roster, so I seriously doubt they'd do that. The leakers had no idea that tira was DLC too.

We really don't have any evidence as to who will be DLC, it's just speculation and hopes.

Hwang and Lizardman were red herrings that unintentionally misled people in the first leak. Because the leaker saw files for Hwang and Liz and jumped to conclusions.

The second leaker said Lizardman is only a CAS clone and didn't even include Hwang.

So really I don't have any hopes for Aeon or Hwang as DLC.

I would still place Hwang above Yun though due to the order of events and one of them has got to be in. Mina needs one of them i think and the weapon needs representation.

Does anyone remember the reveal order for the SC4 cast?

Edit: nevermind it won't help much. If I remember correctly Amy and Rock were last minute additions to the cast, hence why they share some CAS voices. I think reveals for SC4 were much earlier than for SC6.. and they were not the final announcements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what to tell you guys. It seems so obvious that Cass would be in the base or DLC. The leakers have even said she is in story mode. Same with Hwang.

"I worked on SC6 more than a year ago. At the time, I was really surprised that there were no leaks, considering how "advanced" the localization was. It was a relief for me when they finally announced the fucking thing.
And yeah, for what it's worth, I know Cassandra and Hwang are in the game, and there were no mention of Setsuka anywhere.

I mean, I could understand people not believing me, but considering the amount of people that worked on the game, it shouldn't be surprising than one of them lurks 4chan. I'm super excited about the game, and I kinda want to help people with the anxiety about the characters with the few things I know.

Fun stuff I learned from the files as well Edge Master is also present in Story Mode"

It would be a real missed opportunity if Bamco makes them CaS clones.

Perhaps instead of Lizardman it could be Cass if there's bonus characters

Last edited:
I find speculation that Cassandra wont be in the game abit illogical at this point.

I mean, she might not but, it seems more logical that she will.
If anyone has a legitimate argument please share.
The primary argument is the leaks. We've got 2 leakers confirmed to be legit on 4chan. First one claims Cassandra is only in a cameo in Sophitia's story mode but not playable. The second leaker also doesn't think she's playable.

If she's in the game at all, it would have to be DLC.

I'm getting the feeling that the first batch of DLC may be finishing up characters they intended to have in the game but couldn't.

Thus..the list won't be what people want...

It really depends on if Bamco has more than Raphael/Cervantes left (not likely)

Sorry if this has already been discussed here, but I think Setsuka is highly likely to be another DLC character because I seriously don't think Namco will leave Gold Shad and Woahhz hanging. Okubo-san said that they want to foster diversity in styles, and αPat was also a popular choice among skilled players and newbies alike based on my personal observations in sc5.

I just hope, if I am right, that people won't be angry like with Tira...

I'm getting the feeling that the first batch of DLC may be finishing up characters they intended to have in the game but couldn't.

Thus..the list won't be what people want...

It really depends on if Bamco has more than Raphael/Cervantes left (not likely)
Are you always so doom and gloom? Again, stop taking an unfinished demo screen as the ultimate final roster when we’ve still got plenty of time before launch and TGS is coming up and Okubo stating the select screen was a placeholder forever ago. Also, even if those slots are in the base game, it’s far more likely they’d be unlockables than DLC characters.

Last edited:
If they really wanna foster a competitive scene, they might make Setsuka base as an add-on or #2 in the Season Pass if some pros actually intend on using her.

the dlc characters for the season pass had been chossen long time ago, the devs saying that they are not is just pr.

just think about if they wanna get a guest in but is undecided. they have to choose who, then make a deal then start from scratch the development, balance an all, so when the public will get the content that they release.?

I really hope they bring back Cassandra to the game afterall... But I'm not sure if I would like a weapon change for her. Short sword and small shield just make sense for her and her gameplay style, and as an Cassandra fan, I'd prefer for her to continue with her classic weapons and gameplay style.

But visually, I don't mind at all if she is changed just to make her initially more different in comparison with Sophitia. People tend to say that both are the "same" character, not only because of their weapons... But because her outfits as well.

I would love if they make this outfit her main one in SC 6.
Cassandra_UFS_wallpaper_01.jpg

I really hope they bring back Cassandra to the game afterall... But I'm not sure if I would like a weapon change for her. Short sword and small shield just make sense for her and her gameplay style, and as an Cassandra fan, I'd prefer for her to continue with her classic weapons and gameplay style.

But visually, I don't mind at all if she is changed just to make her initially more different in comparison with Sophitia. People tend to say that both are the "same" character, not only because of their weapons... But because her outfits as well.

I would love if they make this outfit her main one in SC 6.
View attachment 50907

I've always liked that outfit. And I've always liked her silver 2P shield over the garish pink one.

I hope she's back in the game.

Are you always so doom and gloom? Again, stop taking an unfinished demo screen as the ultimate final roster when we’ve still got plenty of time before launch and TGS is coming up and Okubo stating the select screen was a placeholder forever ago. Also, even if those slots are in the base game, it’s far more likely they’d be unlockables than DLC characters.

So its purely coincidential that we have this recent new leak of two characters which we already knew were coming via the old leak and not a lot of time or characters left to reveal also stated by Okubo himself very recently.

I mean lets consider that if it was Cassandra, Setsuka or hell... anyone else NOT on that old leak, we could all obviously say at that point "Yeah, we have no idea who or how many characters are coming up."
...but it was Cervantes and Raphael and they shut down the tournament as if in a panic.

I mean really stop and consider it for a moment. I'll repeat it again to make sure its understood. If any other characters showed up at last weekend's tournament, it obviously would be a different story right now but that didn't happen. And again... we are in the home stretch now so its not like there is a large list of characters left to even reveal anyway. Hmmmm.

I'm pretty convinced she will be in first round of DLC. If she's already in the story (as per the leaks) then I feel like they have already worked her in. She's super popular and will sell well (just look at all the daily requests for Cass).

Depending if Hwang is in the final roster or DLC, there’s also likely a guest that’ll hoard Setsuka’s or Hilde’s spot. Still, the guest could be separate or there may be another season pass...

Just that I find the empty slots/ Azwel’s position sloppy.

Cassie is like the perfect DLC character IMO. She can have a cameo in Sophie's story mode to establish her general design and personality (the Azwel leak already suggested this), she's very popular, but perhaps not divergent enough from Sophie to be in the base roster along with Lizardman this time; three sword-and-board users at launch is a bit much, if people are right about LM being dialled back to his older incarnation.

But that's just advocacy for the devil. I love Cassie and think she should've been in the base, if for no other reason than to complete the SCII newcomer trio that made every game together until V (Talim, Raph, Cassie).

I still believe that they've been working on Lizardman and Hwang all this time, that the next reveals will be Lizardman and Cervantes, perhaps at TGS, and they will continue to work on and finish Hwang, and then the last reveal will be Hwang and Raphael. These four just make the most sense for the context of the game's story, and I don't see either of Lizardman or Hwang as DLC, being original cast members of SoulCalibur I. Cassandra, if included, makes the most sense as DLC, which leaves only one other slot for DLC, if we're getting a second guest. Between Setsuka and Hilde, Setsuka just seems the more likely choice, to round out the SoulCalibur III cast instead of jumping to SoulCalibur IV. Is Hilde possible? Absolutely, but I just feel less likely overall. There's just no space for SoulCalibur V folks, either, so I'm not sure why Okubo even mentioned it as a possibility, unless he meant for a second season pass. The second season pass could very easily include Hilde, Yun-seong, Violamy, and maybe even Dampierre.

If too many central characters are DLC, a lot of people may just wait for discount sale which isn’t good for sales overall. They need to balance people wanting to buy DLC while also buying base at highest price possible.

I still believe that they've been working on Lizardman and Hwang all this time, that the next reveals will be Lizardman and Cervantes, perhaps at TGS, and they will continue to work on and finish Hwang, and then the last reveal will be Hwang and Raphael. These four just make the most sense for the context of the game's story, and I don't see either of Lizardman or Hwang as DLC, being original cast members of SoulCalibur I. Cassandra, if included, makes the most sense as DLC, which leaves only one other slot for DLC, if we're getting a second guest. Between Setsuka and Hilde, Setsuka just seems the more likely choice, to round out the SoulCalibur III cast instead of jumping to SoulCalibur IV. Is Hilde possible? Absolutely, but I just feel less likely overall. There's just no space for SoulCalibur V folks, either, so I'm not sure why Okubo even mentioned it as a possibility, unless he meant for a second season pass. The second season pass could very easily include Hilde, Yun-seong, Violamy, and maybe even Dampierre.

I agree with you my friend @DanteSC3 I still believe that the last reveals are for Cervantes, Raphael, Hwang and Lizardman and Inferno will take a slot in the center of the character select! And the DLC characters are maybe will be Setsuka, Cassandra and maybe a second guest character, according with the rumors! If we don't have a guest character after all so the third DLC character maybe will be Amy or Viola, or Rock, or Hilde! BTW @Hayate 's video about the final character roster seems more accurate to me! Only 43 days left and Tokyo Game Show it's on the way! We'll have more news and info soon!

I've always liked Aeon, just not quite enough to main him. I did consider playing him in 5 and probably would have had i played the game longer than i did.

Despite that, i can tell you if i were in charge of development for this game and had issues with the roster not filling out all the popular characters under the time and budget or for whatever reason. Scrapping Aeon's moveset and just throwing his model into CAS and calling it a day would absolutely be the first thing i would do.

I also want to point out and i have posted a few times on this matter, i hate Lizardmen on CAS and would prefer Aeon as a character. The more i think about it however, i can definitely see them doing this to cut a corner and save time and money. I feel CAS lizardmen devalues Aeon as a character and i think PS may feel the same, so they won't even bother with him.

The primary argument is the leaks. We've got 2 leakers confirmed to be legit on 4chan. First one claims Cassandra is only in a cameo in Sophitia's story mode but not playable. The second leaker also doesn't think she's playable.

If she's in the game at all, it would have to be DLC.
I would take that leakers info as fact but , his base roster isnt the same number of fighters as the number shown in the E3 build...
He even includes inferno and Tira and its STILL 3 less (or 2...somethin like that)

Back