Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Xianghua isn’t as bad as Sophie’s whose girly stuff is harder to avoid (no temper tantrum, no finishing with a CE, avoid the win pose where she bends.)

I just can’t trust a leak with Hwang in it, but Mi-Na’s story probably calls for the latter’s style. I’m actually curious to see when the beans spill and watch Maxi’s and Mi-Na’s chronicles just to see if Lizardmen and the latter’s father’s students will not use the styles we’re probably expecting.

just to see if Lizardmen and the latter’s father’s students will not use the styles we’re probably expecting
As they would be a mere mooks, they can just use butchered versions of Soph's and Xiang's styles with altered animations for blocking nad stuff.
Or just be programmed to never use any moves with explictly girly animations, while overall still being kinda the same as their "bases".

That's crazy....what if I want a male looking character with a femonine move set. This line of speculation is generally way off of the rails. I'm still calling bs on the rule of 25 garbage. I still think we're getting a cast similar in size to tekken. There is now way Namco is going to set this thing up to fail like 5. I think we're getting all legacy styles up to sc4, but no star wars of course....maybe some will be dlc. I can't see Voila happening....too broken in 5. Also still hoping for a Gon/Yoda sized character.

Last edited:
what if I want a male looking character with a femonine move set
Nothing stops you from doing that.
It's just that it doesn't make much sense for generic mooks in the story mode to be like that.
I still think we're getting a cast similar in size to tekken
Tekken has 40+ characters, we are on 20 and it's 1 month before release. It's just not happening.
There is now way Namco is going to set this thing up to fail like 5
But they don't? The game seems very well done.
Gon/Yoda sized character
Just no. It's never happening ever again for good.

I still think we're getting a cast similar in size to tekken. There is now way Namco is going to set this thing up to fail like 5. I think we're getting all legacy styles up to sc4, but no star wars of course....maybe some will be dlc. I can't see Voila happening....too broken in 5. Also s gr I'll hoping for a Gon/Yoda sized character.

giphy.gif

Xianghua isn’t as bad as Sophie’s whose girly stuff is harder to avoid (no temper tantrum, no finishing with a CE, avoid the win pose where she bends.)

I just can’t trust a leak with Hwang in it, but Mi-Na’s story probably calls for the latter’s style. I’m actually curious to see when the beans spill and watch Maxi’s and Mi-Na’s chronicles just to see if Lizardmen and the latter’s father’s students will not use the styles we’re probably expecting.
the one thing that kinda sucks about Xianghuas style is that her little pose after her CE is not gonna fit very well on allot of characters, but I guess if i need a more subtle less flashy 1H sword style we have geralt though he's also a magic user so "shrug"

this is why the SC3 CaS styles were a great idea, would have been neat if they refined a few and just put them in the games. Like just add a generic sword and board, two handed sword, one handed sword, staff, and dagger then call it a day.

Xiba was weird on Kilik even. My Cynical was awkward using his style.

Natsu was girly unlike Taki too.

And poor Edgemaster also got the women’s styles unlike Kilik, so he did that Viola booty shake and Pyrrha’s clumsiness which was hilarious on him.

I know some don’t like the gendered style talk, but incidentally Lizzy and Hwang are derived from two of the more girly styles and their status on the roster is questionable. Also weapons seem to be reused in general, so why does Sophitia get an axe? Note the lack of theories on Cassie and Rock appearing.

Xiba was weird on Kilik even. My Cynical was awkward using his style.

Natsu was girly unlike Taki too.

And poor Edgemaster also got the women’s styles unlike Kilik, so he did that Viola booty shake and Pyrrha’s clumsiness which was hilarious on him.

I know some don’t like the gendered style talk, but incidentally Lizzy and Hwang are derived from two of the more girly styles and their status on the roster is questionable. Also weapons seem to be reused in general, so why does Sophitia get an axe? Note the lack of theories on Cassie and Rock appearing.
Yeah, Xiba's style on anyone who wasn't Xiba just... didn't work out very well. It was neither Kilik nor Seong Mi-na, too detached as his own thing. I'd go so far as to say it's like Cassandra is to Sophitia or like Amy is to Raphael. Fighting Kilik in Legendary Souls was incredibly awkward, like, why are you fighting this way? Stop it, you look silly, this is not the Kilik I know.

Natsu had a bit more flair, but it still worked pretty well on male characters, I think. I'm not remembering anything that was super feminine with her style.

Edge Master always has that "issue", though, and I think it's part of his charm, that he puts wielding the style properly above his own mannerisms, that to him, mimicry is a true art, and it must be correct, or not at all.
You can't tell me that Edge Master doing Leixia's peace sign wasn't adorable. :sc5lei1:

I'll restate that I do not believe that Sophitia will have an axe. Going by our seven weapons rule, her loadout should look something like this, I think:
Omega Sword & Elk Shield
Swordbreaker
Fire Blade
Gladiatrix
Blue Crystal Rod or Aeneas
Brave One
Orichalcum
We've seen Omega Sword & Elk Shield, Swordbreaker, Gladiatrix, and Brave One already. Fire Blade is very iconic to Sophitia, so I have a hard time imagining her without it. Same for Blue Crystal Rod, but she may also inherit Aeneas from Pyrrha, since she's already gotten the other two new weapons she had. And then, her ultimate weapon really ought to be Orichalcum, as it is equally iconic, if not more so, than Fire Blade is. The possibility does exist that she may get Soul Calibur or Soul Edge, but with the deconfirmation that everyone will get one, I don't think Sophitia, being in the middle of the selection screen, should be swayed one way or the other just yet.

With Raph being in the middle, I think of that row as protagonists for one game except Geralt.

To me, the axe is way off for Sophie.

But 147 seems like an odd number of weapons for 20 characters with 7 weapons each. I presume the main swords may get one entry each along with Azwel’s and maybe Geralt’s.

149, for 21 characters with 7 weapons each, and 2 leftover, so 1 character with 2 weapons, which could be either Geralt or Azwel.

Previous games with museum modes list reused weapons as individual entries, so I don't believe this one would be any different. Take SoulCalibur II, it even had separate entries for 1p/2p weapons, with the exact same description for both. All Soul Edge (Complete) weapons also had the exact same description, and were duplicated for every character.

149, for 21 characters with 7 weapons each, and 2 leftover, so 1 character with 2 weapons, which could be either Geralt or Azwel.

Previous games with museum modes list reused weapons as individual entries, so I don't believe this one would be any different. Take SoulCalibur II, it even had separate entries for 1p/2p weapons, with the exact same description for both. All Soul Edge (Complete) weapons also had the exact same description, and were duplicated for every character.
this is something I didn't consider before

Since it's pretty much sure the base roster is fully revealed. My sp speculation are:

- Tira (confirmed already)
- Setsuka
- Hilde
- Jon Snow (guest)

I.e. maybe Yun or Hwang instead of Hilde? But I think Hilde is more popular so dunno.

Back
Top Bottom