Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The modes trailer does confirm that Inferno is unlockable and 2 rows.

The Base Game with nothing unlocked has 1 additional row = 20 Characters
Base Roster 1.png

Base Roster 2.png

The modes trailer shows 2 rows instead of 1 indicating Tira and possible other unlockables.

Unlocked.png

Notice that Inferno isn't CaSable, but he is unlocked.

vlcsnap-2018-09-24-14h30m10s237.png

Inferno's name is blurred out due to spoilers and the 4chan list order for Character Profiles matches.

2018-09-12_0822.png

The modes trailer does confirm that Inferno is unlockable and 2 rows.

The Base Game with nothing unlocked has 1 additional row = 20 Characters

The modes trailer shows 2 rows instead of 1 indicating Tira and possible other unlockables.

View attachment 51446

Notice that Inferno isn't CaSable, but he is unlocked.

View attachment 51448

Inferno's name is blurred out due to spoilers and the 4chan list order for Character Profiles matches.

View attachment 51449

I saw a video showing that the second row consists Azwel, Zasalamel, Groh and Geralt! So... maybe there is a third row for the DLC characters!

Considering how almost everyone thought they’d reveal characters at TGS and that didn’t happen, you should stop hyping up events for reveals.

They announced Raphael and Cervantes on twitter. If there’s more reveals I expect a random tweet to show it

So SCII had several unlockable characters.

Exibit A:

Characters

What if the base characters are the only ones that have been revealed and we get a similar number of unlockable characters?......8 more?!!

What if the base characters are the only ones that have been revealed and we get a similar number of unlockable characters?......8 more?!!
As one of the more optimistic people here, that just isn’t reasonable. SoulCalibur II came out during a different time, for one thing, and more importantly, was an arcade release first, with the unlockable characters being added to the home release. Beyond that, fighting games in the current age typically want all characters unlocked from the start, to make tournament organization easier. Any characters who are unlockable in SoulCalibur VI are either going to be derivative or mimics. DLC will house real characters.

As one of the more optimistic people here, that just isn’t reasonable. SoulCalibur II came out during a different time, for one thing, and more importantly, was an arcade release first, with the unlockable characters being added to the home release. Beyond that, fighting games in the current age typically want all characters unlocked from the start, to make tournament organization easier. Any characters who are unlockable in SoulCalibur VI are either going to be derivative or mimics. DLC will house real characters.

Now you're on to something.

Looking at Tekken 7 season 2 with Anna reveal, I wonder...
...Hwang and Aeon are not very popular characters while the waifu forces (Cass, Set, Amy, Hilde) are fan demands

Maybe they will mix in each season pass for DLC bait

Maybe: Season 1: Hwang or Lizard, Tira, one of the waifu (Cass, Set, Amy, Hilde), guest
So they can save more attention for the season pass 2 package

You know, the “unlocked character” bit would probably be unnecessary if it was just Inferno. Or maybe Azwel is unlockable in the final version. Lizzy if we’re really lucky.

Looking at Tekken 7 season 2 with Anna reveal, I wonder...
...Hwang and Aeon are not very popular characters while the waifu forces (Cass, Set, Amy, Hilde) are fan demands

Maybe they will mix in each season pass for DLC bait

Maybe: Season 1: Hwang or Lizard, Tira, one of the waifu (Cass, Set, Amy, Hilde), guest
So they can save more attention for the season pass 2 package

Might not have S2.

One of the main reasons working against Setsuka possible appearance in S1 is that she carries a vibe similar to Anna. They have a choice among several waifu characters to lead off S2 though.

You know, the “unlocked character” bit would probably be unnecessary if it was just Inferno. Or maybe Azwel is unlockable in the final version. Lizzy if we’re really lucky.
Don't forget Edge Master. :sc2cas3:

@tetsu @fjaoaoaoao -- I feel like Setsuka is the most likely, though, because she actually has a unique weapon style, one that even made the leap to SoulCalibur V through Alpha Patroklos. They could have given Talim or Zasalamel's style to another character, but they didn't. So that her style shone through, I feel like Setsuka is the most likely for sure to be in the season pass, if anyone is.

It’d be kind of funny, ironic, and cruel if Edge Master didn’t make it and Inferno was just an alternate Nightmare instead of a mimic.
Meh, I wouldn't mind that. I don't care about mimics and having a playable (semi-)NightTerror is something I wanted since SCIII.
Also haven't Vergeben mentioned long time ago that HIlde is considered as a DLC material? Then our SP could be Hilde (as she is the only one actually mentioned somewhere as possible one and there is no reasons not believing it), Setsuka (for reasons @DanteSC3 mentioned above) and an unavoidable guest (probably overrequested 2B, Okubo is not Harada, I doubt his pick for guest will be completely out of left field).

Don't forget Edge Master. :sc2cas3:

@tetsu @fjaoaoaoao -- I feel like Setsuka is the most likely, though, because she actually has a unique weapon style, one that even made the leap to SoulCalibur V through Alpha Patroklos. They could have given Talim or Zasalamel's style to another character, but they didn't. So that her style shone through, I feel like Setsuka is the most likely for sure to be in the season pass, if anyone is.

I agree she has the best chance out of everyone excluding hints towards Hwang, Lizardman, and a guest character. I was just trying to mention something that is working against her.

If the game sales are doing well, they might wait to reveal and release her, and have her lead Season 2.

Code:
              Edge Master   Siegfried     Zasalamel     Nightmare     Azwel                   
              Xianghua      Maxi          Sophitia      Astaroth      Ivy                     
              Yoshimitsu    Kilik                       Grøh          Cervantes               
              Talim         Mitsurugi     Geralt        Taki          Aeon                     
Hwang         CREATION      Seong Mi-na   Raphael       Voldo         RANDOM        Inferno

This would be my final guess until we see what the network test brings us. If Tira takes up one of the slots, it would mean either one of two things: (1) the four small circles indicate the slots for DLC characters and Inferno goes to the center or (2) this is what they mean by Tira being a bonus DLC character since she takes up a regular slot meaning there are a total of three unlockable characters including Inferno. As it stands, I am doubtful the center slot is an actual slot and it would be strange for Inferno to be the only unlockable character whose slot isn't a small circle if the center is his slot. If we go by the second theory, where Tira takes a slot and we get other unlockable characters then I'm guessing the center slot would be taken by the guest character while the other characters are added on top of the two small white circles.

Code:
              Edge Master   Siegfried     Zasalamel     Nightmare     Azwel                   
              Yoshimitsu    Kilik         DLC 4         Grøh          Cervantes               
DLC 2         Talim         Mitsurugi     Geralt        Taki          Tira          DLC 3     
Aeon          CREATION      Seong Mi-na   Raphael       Voldo         RANDOM        Inferno

Also, I think the game should swap the Creation and Random select with the characters on the side when they are unlocked. It triggers OCD with how unorganized it looks.

Conservative Roster
Code:
          DLC 4         Siegfried     Zasalamel     Nightmare     Azwel            
          Yoshimitsu    Kilik         Inferno       Grøh          Cervantes        
          Talim         Mitsurugi     Geralt        Taki          Tira    
DLC 3     CREATION      Seong Mi-na   Raphael       Voldo         RANDOM        DLC 2

Generous Full Roster with Hwang, Aeon, Inferno as unlockables, October 4 Brazil New Character, and 3 Seasons of DLC with S1 (Tira - DLC4), S2 (DLC5 - DLC9), and S3(DLC10-13); DLC4 Guest will be Fury from Darksiders 3 OR Assassin's Creed Odyssey Protagonist, and DLC10 Guest will be 2B or some Movie Character.
Code:
                  DLC9(Viola)   Aeon          Siegfried     Zasalamel     Nightmare     Azwel          DLC8(Cassandra)        
                  DLC7(Rock)    Xianghua      Maxi          Sophitia      Astaroth      Ivy            DLC6(Li Long)         
                  DLC5(Amy)     Yoshimitsu    Kilik         Inferno       Grøh          Cervantes      DLC4(Guest)
DLC13(NewChar.)   DLC3(Hilde)   Talim         Mitsugi       Geralt        Taki          Tira           DLC2(Setsuka)  DLC12(Zwei)
DLC11(Yunseong)   Hwang         CREATION      Seong Mi-na   Raphael       Voldo         RANDOM         Oct4Reveal     DLC10(Guest)

Also do the dotted line connections mean anything in the current screenshot we have of the select screen?

Last edited:
So.. i may be looking a little too much into this but...
In the 30 minutes of gameplay it picks up with the trio running towards Nightmare's castle with Xianghua stating "one Lizard is enough" in regards to the freaks they've been fighting. With the following fights being Ivy, Astaroth and Nightmare. This to me signifies that Aeon was the one lizardman that they fought prior to making it to the forest. It would make sense as its implied they only fought one, and the fights following are the remaining members of Team Nightmare. Also when the video starts, suspiciously we are shown the loading screen and no unlockables show up... usually after completing a chapter you're supposed to unlock the cutscenes and music from it. However this isnt present in the video, It's oddly absent. So assuming that the fight is against the original lizardman/ Aeon, it can be assumed that you'd unlock him at that point.

you're looking too much into it.

You're giving too much credit to someone who doesn't care enough to edit out inferno. Why would they edit out Lizardman/Aeon?

@Nyte you should update the OP for cervantes and raphael

Last edited:
Back