SoulCast #14: Mitsurugi

Second on my list of characters is one you will see very often in tournaments: Mitsurugi. For this episode, I managed to get some time with Mateo_Galvan, a name many know but someone who doesn't often do interviews.

Arguably the best Mitsu in the States, and possibly the world, he rarely posts in strategy forums, sticking mainly to event threads, so you know you're in for something special. Enjoy!

[NSFW]

8wayrun thread: http://8wayrun.com/threads/a-soul-calibur-podcast-soulcast.12186/
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kitaenjacks?feature=watch
facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Video-Gaming-Federation-VGF/167768476578566
Buzzsprout page (for audio file stream/download): http://www.buzzsprout.com/3308/56348-soulcast-14-mitsurugi.mp3
VGF site: http://www.videogamingfederation.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I thought it was pretty balanced. Yeah, there was some bitching about her, but then we were both pretty open about not supporting a ban. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM US, LP?!?!?!?!

Every character in every SoulCalibur game should be tuned/balanced like Mitsurugi; in every game since the first one he is insanely strong but not broken or Overpowered; in SCV he is OP when you don't know how to deal with his spacing tools and pretty good close game... to me is like SoulProject have some kind of standard to make Mitsurugi.

I played against a lot of Mitsurugi's and nothing they do looks unbalanced(except for the stupid tracking of some moves that you have to take in mind every time you want to evade).

AMERICA DISCUSSING MITSU BAN. I'll GET THE THREAD READY GUYS.

(good shit, xiang and mateo_galvan)

Mitsu ban? Why? I always thought the whole idea of Soul Calibur was all about meeting challenges. If one character or use of a character seems annoying, there has to be another way to discourage that kind of gameplay. No character in Soul Calibur is undefeatable. They each possess certain strengths and weaknesses. We just have to exploit them and figure out what works in our favor. Heck I thought Viola's combos were difficult to escape, but I just have to look for ways to counter it. It wouldn't be much of a challenge if every character should be banned just because, well, I don't know...Soul Calibur is a challenging game that thrives on strategy as opposed to button mashing. Some characters I do find rather annoying but that should make beating the character all the more satisfying. It's like life. some things in life you'll just have to find ways to cope with and overcome. Soul Calibur is the kind of game that makes or breaks a person. You take the bad along with the goods. That's part of the challenge package. Besides that, Mitsu is the coolest samurai character ever portrayed. Why would I want to band a character I feel I couldn't defeat? That's my personal problem, and I should find a way to overcome that challenge. For me, Viola in the hands of a pro is very difficult to beat, but not impossible. I just have to step up my game, even if I have to study all her moves in the process. And as far as story wise, with Mitsurugi aging and all. It's possible that he won't be around in the future installments anyway, so why bother? It's been hinted that he has a younger brother, which may mean that he could be a possible replacement. Who knows. Just let the creators decide. The weak story of Sc5 could very well be the result of fanbase decisions rushing them to push the next installment. Just give them time, and the game will have more thought put into it. Great games takes time to put together. Hope this makes sense. ^^

Mitsu ban? Why? I always thought the whole idea of Soul Calibur was all about meeting challenges. If one character or use of a character seems annoying, there has to be another way to discourage that kind of gameplay. No character in Soul Calibur is undefeatable. They each possess certain strengths and weaknesses. We just have to exploit them and figure out what works in our favor. Heck I thought Viola's combos were difficult to escape, but I just have to look for ways to counter it. It wouldn't be much of a challenge if every character should be banned just because, well, I don't know...Soul Calibur is a challenging game that thrives on strategy as opposed to button mashing. Some characters I do find rather annoying but that should make beating the character all the more satisfying. It's like life. some things in life you'll just have to find ways to cope with and overcome. Soul Calibur is the kind of game that makes or breaks a person. You take the bad along with the goods. That's part of the challenge package. Besides that, Mitsu is the coolest samurai character ever portrayed. Why would I want to band a character I feel I couldn't defeat? That's my personal problem, and I should find a way to overcome that challenge. For me, Viola in the hands of a pro is very difficult to beat, but not impossible. I just have to step up my game, even if I have to study all her moves in the process. And as far as story wise, with Mitsurugi aging and all. It's possible that he won't be around in the future installments anyway, so why bother? It's been hinted that he has a younger brother, which may mean that he could be a possible replacement. Who knows. Just let the creators decide. The weak story of Sc5 could very well be the result of fanbase decisions rushing them to push the next installment. Just give them time, and the game will have more thought put into it. Great games takes time to put together. Hope this makes sense. ^^

LOLNEWB

on the real tho, you totally fell for that shit, and ate it, hook, line, and sinker

You dont have to shake 3A stun... its automatic. They dont fall down... Also his MST A throw rings out from way back... Overall pretty good interview!
Thank you both!

Reactions: LP
Im aware of this. Never use it tho. Its properties are kinda weird.

Well yea I figured you were but it wasnt mentioned... So I mentioned it for other people that might not know. That are listening... You should try it more... It actually rings out further than the regular A throw... and at diff angles instead of just head on.

Live streams

4 Viewers
scrillaxus
scrillaxus
Welcome to Scrill's Lair
3 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Thirsty Thursday!! Good vibes, fun games, big smiles. Stay thirsty my friends! =P
1 Viewers
diabloriscart93
diabloriscart93
ScVI:Le legendaDeSoulEdge&Soulcalibur01

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back