SoulCast #22: The BossCast

Yuuuuup, time to talk about dat last-stage character! I know feelings about Algol are strong on both ends, so we'll see what you guys think about this discussion. For this episode, I brought on a name you guys know all too well, BrewtusBibulus. A lot of people respect him not only for his play but for his knowledge of the game, and since he's has some decent success with Algol, I felt it was a good fit.

Confession: I actually put this up the other day and COMPLETELY forgot to post it here. That's my bad, as they say. Such are the rigors of being busy. :( Enjoy, all the same!

Also, no ft5 for this one. Not only do Bibulus and I play on different systems when playing online, but his XBL isn't active, so... yeah. Sorry. :(

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kitaenjacks?feature=watch
Twitter: https://twitter.com/VGFed
facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Video-Gaming-Federation-VGF/167768476578566
Buzzsprout page (for audio file stream/download): http://www.buzzsprout.com/3308/74333-soulcast-22-algol.mp3
8wayrun thread: http://8wayrun.com/threads/a-soul-calibur-podcast-soulcast.12186/
VGF site: http://www.videogamingfederation.org/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fine with that. It'll have to wait until I get back from vaca, though.

Also, I'm perfectly fine with doing redos or just doing interviews with players that everyone wants to hear from, but I'd like to get at least one episode for every character done before I start doing that. We're making good progress, though, so that's not too far in the future.

I can't wait!

When you were talking about CE at 16:55, I've found that any situation where you get a CE when they're not in the air or stunned, you should go for it because the brave edge will give you a bit more damage usually but you get a chance for a clean hit on the CE which would do much more damage.

Im ready for that Nightmare Cast xiang!! Again i suggest Thermidor. One of the few players who has the nads to play the REAL boss character competively.

you said this because not played againts me,..bibulus is in the top player in tournament,but never win a tournament,..jacksalien wins tournament with omegaDR and online un the best algol too

I know you jacksalien, you play my friend few times and he upload video. He will ask you next time to join our room. Cause obvioulsy, you don't know what you're talking about. Sorry dude but your algol is just AVERAGE. Far from Sakon's algol who by the way is one of the best algol.Even my random algol= your.FACT

I never said I was the best Algol, I never believed I was and this was never about being the best of a character. We decided I should do the cast when I had just gotten to winners finals at UFGT8 playing Algol exculsively, which you have to admit is the best showing an Algol player has had on US soil.

If you feel like you should be the guest you should try contacting the people that create the content, before it's created... Because if you expect xiang to find you out of nowhere, it's not gonna happen.

I want to apologize for the scatter brained nature of me talking about the boss... Lots of stuff to keep track of, so I'm sure I missed a bunch and wasn't quite clear about other stuffs. So I will answer all questions about the boss posted in this thread.

I never said I was the best Algol, I never believed I was and this was never about being the best of a character. We decided I should do the cast when I had just gotten to winners finals at UFGT8 playing Algol exculsively, which you have to admit is the best showing an Algol player has had on US soil.

If you feel like you should be the guest you should try contacting the people that create the content, before it's created... Because if you expect xiang to find you out of nowhere, it's not gonna happen.

I want to apologize for the scatter brained nature of me talking about the boss... Lots of stuff to keep track of, so I'm sure I missed a bunch and wasn't quite clear about other stuffs. So I will answer all questions about the boss posted in this thread.

It was a good cast. I was only really concerned over the the small details with frame data really, nothing too big. You forgot to mention the weird guard break set ups he has with a pre-existing bubble before-hand when you do a Break Attack (like 22B, 66B BE). The bubble hits them during both players' recovery hitting them for free and setting up a free combo opportunity.

Also, using meter to extend the combo always does more damage than using the CE, but there's always a chance that you blow the combo and then you die because of it.

@Gold: How reliable is that 100% combo on most of the cast? Also, how are you being able to land the high wall splat consistently off a raw 6KK? Sometimes they don't wall splat, I don't know. Anyways, any tips on landing the 44B after they wall splat for the super-launch? I dash up and input the move but 4B comes out instead :(

Drakanal always kick you like others in 8wayrun...and bibulus if you want a mirror mach Call jacksalien,..and i should you the true power,..i dont have handsome moves i have power,..so anyones talking of me...my psn is jacksalien,send and die

Let's keep the Online VS Offline debate out of here. If any more posts pertaining to such debate is seen, I will delete on sight. Thank you.

Jacksalien is not even close to above average. His play style is so stupid. He just attacks and fishes for JGs after every attack. You can see his character going in and out of block rapidly trying to just guard which suggests to me he's mashing guard to get a JG. When I played him he beat me but I'm not claiming to be that good either. If I had one more match I think I could have beaten him with throws alone just from punishing his JG attempts. I won't even go into detail about the connection quality. He played two matches then put in the text chat "I am God" and left.

I won't even go into detail about the connection quality.

That's the problem. Or at least one of them.. I've played Jacksalien on PSN in GC- and I think he's pretty much ok with Algol or with any character- the problem my end is the connection. It doesn't matter how good or bad you are with any character- it's the connection that counts. And then figuring how to work with that bad connection.

Mind you- Edgeelysium, haxinsheep- are pretty good with Algol as well. I have no idea how they'd fare if they were in an offline tourney though.

Live streams

6 Viewers
RonTheTryhard
RonTheTryhard
SC6 Casuals w/ Raztokk then PSOBB after
5 Viewers
TickleMyPikachu
TickleMyPikachu
🍡🐳 Dumpy Fridays 🍡🐳 PODRACING 🍡🐳 !DUNE !KOJIMA 👽🪐🌌🐳🛸🚀🍡(✪㉨✪)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back