Speculated Changes...

anyone else notice a distinct lack of any kinda just frame shown in any video so far, i know its all noobie crap but first time i picked up nightmare i pressed forward and whacked the hell out of the B button and there it was, no training no nothing just a total fluke.

anyone else notice a distinct lack of any kinda just frame shown in any video so far, i know its all noobie crap but first time i picked up nightmare i pressed forward and whacked the hell out of the B button and there it was, no training no nothing just a total fluke.

I noticed that too. I get the impression that certain inputs are going to be simplified (as per the stated aim of the developers) and I'm not sure if JFs will make the cut. I can't really imagine they'd take them out, but I really wouldn't mind - I've always thought JFs were the dumbest thing in the game, and contrary to the spirit of fighting games in general.

erm cervy without iGDR O.o not cool. or setsuka with out her justs or yoshi with no iMCF. this would be a serious issue for a lot of charicters.

I love finals - I post here during all-nighters more than at any other time. :)

I'm not saying that I think characters will *lose* their JF moves and property-upgrades, just that they might not have the 1-2 frame input requirements in following with the "noob-friendly" design philosophy of BD. And again, until we hear otherwise it's just crazy speculation - I have the feeling that if there *is* actually a reason we haven't seen JFs, it's more likely that Namco has decided on a "don't show difficult to execute maneuvers" policy so as not to scare off newcomers to the series who learn that some moves only allow 1/60th of a second to pull off.

And yeah, I know the balancing for SC4 includes the supposed difficulty of pulling off JFs. I'm not advocating taking all those away, if it sounded like that - just that I think JFs are a bunk way of inserting "artificial difficulty" in learning a character. If there is a next SC, I'd hope they come up with an alternate mechanism for moves with buffed properties.

It would make sense to ease the JF window in Broken Destiny, seeing as I don't want a Broken PSP (from Setsuka). Gotta remember it's a handheld, guys.

Anyone else notice that the text below the life bars is gone now too? The things that listed how big your combos were, if you grapple breaked, guard impacted, etc. Which seems strange if this is meant to be more casual friendly, since those contain a lot of useful information for learning what's going on (what stuns are recoverable for instance).

I have a question, I saw in one video, Nightmare 1p outfit, that loses his armor at will, does anybody knows how is gonna affect the gameplay, he loses all his three armors, high, mid and low, while the opponent was in the ground. The move was kind of his 236A+B (the Soul Charge in case the notation is wrong), but without the red ball of energy...

OMFG MITSU'S 2K Knocks Down again! Thank you Namco!
But they made his moves alot easier to step :(

Oh well return of the 2K!! XD

I have a question, I saw in one video, Nightmare 1p outfit, that loses his armor at will, does anybody knows how is gonna affect the gameplay, he loses all his three armors, high, mid and low, while the opponent was in the ground. The move was kind of his 236A+B (the Soul Charge in case the notation is wrong), but without the red ball of energy...

Small correction: 236A+B is the input for the forward lunging variation of that move. You're thinking of the normal A+B.

Sweet, Setsuka's original song from Jyarukadai Villa is back! IMO it was the best song in the series, full of emotion and intent; something that was lost from the SC4 iteration.

Why would they? Does it make them any more money?

But i do have to disagree with the statement about only 1% of the market caring about balance. Even if you are the other 99%, a casual gamer, even they read reviews and don't want to buy/play a broke ass game.

Brawl comes to mind...

So are there going to be some PSP BD tourney's popping up or what? Output your PSP to a tv with progressive scan or what? Either way, I'm getting this game and making all the kids on my basketball team get it so I can wreck them.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here yet, I read this on another forum:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1225717_1407.html

CF gains two new options: "CF Starting Technique", a second form to activate a CF that requires no Soul Crush beforehand (thought still needs the red blinking, I think) and Active Purge, the ability to self-destroy one's armor in order to gain a little Soul Gauge back (but still losing defense), plus a chance of stunning the opponent if close enough of the blast for a free hit.

Creation-based, new customizable gauge that lets one adjust the size/position/angle of pieces (granting the "highest level of freedom on the series") and thumbnail creation, to create a thumbnail picture of the CaS for the character select screen, picking among different poses.

So the purge armor thingy is gonna be universal? It works well for nightmare, and may work for some ah...manly characters that go bare chest when striped, but I can't imagine how silly that would look on the female characters....

Anyways, is the old way to CF with ABKG still in place? Or is this the only way to CF now?

Back