SS & CS/iCS Info

^ True. Every now and then we find an easter egg with Ivy. This is why I love this character :D

puuuh i was scared when i read the title but it doesnt look like something i have to worry about unless you can ICS backturned people on reaction :)

Still cool you find new stuff...

ZOMG!!! i much prefer that camera angle than the original, i wonder what will be found next =P

Nice find Ring. =]

Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it! Everyone can check that camera angle, here's a tutorial how to do it (easy way):

1) Go to training mode and pick Amy as your character, and Ivy as your opponent
2) Use Command Playback mode to record CL B+K~iCS on Ivy

Now you can play that iCS all the time so just try to do Amy's 4A at good moment (just before iCS comes out) and Ivy will catch her from the back :)

If you want to see the actual "109 DMG" displayed, you need to do it the other way (harder), record Amy doing [G]~4A (hold G cause it takes a while to buffer throw) and try to do iCS at the right moment. It can take a few tries.

Docvizzo said:
puuuh i was scared when i read the title but it doesnt look like something i have to worry about unless you can ICS backturned people on reaction :)

No, it doesn't work that easily. If you do iCS on backturned opponent the game will change his position so it's still breakable and "only" 100 dmg. This is a glitch that seems to be working only with moves that have BT frames. It was fixed in Broken Destiny, though.

When first looked at the page, my eyes were drawn to the red text and I read 109 damage and unbreakable before anything else.

Yeah, I admit it was to catch people attention haha. Ivy's SA is dead nowadays. I guess the first post looks like:

"CS has a hidden version that does 109dmg and it's unbreakable!1111
PS. It doesn't work in VS"

So yeah, it's pretty useless as there is like 1% chance that this will happen in VS. However, I think it's still worth mentioning. IMO one of the coolest part of Ivy's SA is that we find new hidden stuff/glitches from time to time. Unlike 8kB or Air-Controllable CL 236BB this one doesn't seem to be important but...

If you want to see the actual "109 DMG" displayed, you need to do it the other way (harder), record Amy doing [G]~4A (hold G cause it takes a while to buffer throw) and try to do iCS at the right moment. It can take a few tries.

Thats how ive been doing it, i didnt know you could just record ivy's iCS and do it that way lol...

i just like to do it for the view =]

Ring is amazing...
Ivy is...also amazing

I always thought that iCS is one of the best moves in this game.
It has many cool and weird properties. I have seen iCS: sometimes tech crouching, sometimes catching tips of swords from ridiculous range, sometimes even being mid-crush (yes I have also seen that), like she is in some kind of invincible frames...
But this 109-unbreakable shit (even rare to occur) is the cherry on top.

iCS FTW

Keep...finding

Damnit now Im gonna lose matches trying to spam this till i get it. thanks a lot.

...wait can Voldo break it? (assuming unblockable since it's BT).

Seriously love how glitchy this character is. We got hidden flame UBs, iCS glitches, WR A+B glitch, moves from other stances, odd SE transitions and re transitions, etc... etc... I've even found a few things she can do to escape from opponents that shouldn't work such as pressing directions at certain times.

Someone find a way to land CL 4A+B and I can die happy.

Now we only need to find a hidden JF in 5hit that has a GC and it's + on block ;)

I assume Voldo and Asta can break it (like every BT throw). But I don't know if it's possible to land this on them. I still can't figure how to trigger this "glitch" on other characters. Maybe it's related to iCS' side step property (it evades slightly to Ivy's left) and the fact that Amy's 4A does a SS to the other way. I'm not sure.

For people who don't know, they fixed this in BD and it always does 109 dmg on backturned characters + normal CS/SS are 90 dmg and also unbreakable (I asked Salman99hits to record this because I couldn't get iCS on PSP lol):

[youtube= BD 109 dmg iCS]5OjNLNVn5gk[/youtube]

I have no problem doing ss but cs just seems impossible. I can pull off ss 10 times back to back but cs is just impossible, I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Try over shooting the inputs in a figure 8 motion. Hit 32147236981:A+G. This motion make sure you don't accidentally by pass an input by shifting too early or missing the start of one of the shifts.

I guess the first post looks like:
"CS has a hidden version that does 109dmg and it's unbreakable!1111
PS. It doesn't work in VS"
lol, thought u found an iCS with SC3 buffer timing. :P Ivy wins again.

I have no problem doing ss but cs just seems impossible. I can pull off ss 10 times back to back but cs is just impossible, I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Use the analog's it's 10 times easier. I remember when i mained taki back in SC3 then decided to try ivy also i got it a few times wit the D-pad by really low sucess rate. SC4 i know an majority use analog imo it's the way to go.

Remember the buffrering period is shorter for CS, but unlike ss the just frame does more damage, looks really cool & pressures your opponent nicely. There's no real trick to it, just do the reverse ss input, but faster. You'll find it marginally easier starting from the 2p side, but practice both.

Back