Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

flashy nightmares

let me shed some light...

personally I've been practicing iagA after NSS A+B as well.. simply because.. the wake up for this move... even WITHOUT walls... is really good... despite what i initially thought when i first found this combo like MANY months ago.... you can pretty much say you land this combo.. you get another mixup pretty much...

with 2A+B... this is still good... simply because the wake up will forever be solid however... your opponent is much more prepared for the mixup after.. vs iagA after NSS A+B they usually won't expect a mixup so.... this kinda makes landing a throw easier.

as for NSS A+B -> 44B stuff.. that's Month 1 SC4 NM... anybody who has played against NM long enough (and actually thinks NM is worthy of practicing anti-NM) should know it's not a mixup.... it's EXTREMELY easy to block the 44BB... infact.. if you watch any of my recent vids... i don't even do 44BB anymore.. i get punished pretty much everytime i tried doing it AFTER NSS A+B....

anyways.. that's it for now...

-LAU

flashy nightmares

Though 44BB is still viable after 33B and 3B as long as the opponent doesn't tech correct?

Also for Post-GI when the wall is to NM's right you can use

iagA, 4KK, back throw

or
1AK, 2A+B/2[K] to punish re-GI

flashy nightmares

Yea, one may be able to see the 44BB and tech on reflex but if they can, it's WAY harder than dealing with it after a NSS A+B hit.

flashy nightmares

Lau, do you mean that for NSS A+B, 44BB you might be able to recognize the 44BB and block? I agree if that's what you meant.

Schneider, I think 44BB is still an unblockable anti-tech option after 33B and 3B, gotta check on that though. But to be safe, just use 44BB in wall combos after non-superclose GS KK wall splats.

flashy nightmares

yes that is what lau means, though it's a very solid "yes they can" rather than a "might"

44BB is unblockable after 3B and 33B

flashy nightmares

The guy hates me. You can ask him yourself lol
People use to call him a good Nightmare till the people i mentioned showed up. He is just a thing of the past now.

Yeah, he seems to hate on a lot of people. Like I said he's no partna of mine...But you said he hates you, does that mean you beat him? And I didn't say he was the best just the best I have played. I haven't had a chance to play them and it's a shame, Astaroth 136 is on my friends list LOL! But does he hate you because you beat his ass? Because I would love to dig that in his ass.

wow i need to start playing with good people again all the people i used to play with play sf4 now and i pretty sure im getting worse from just playing random people

I just thought of something I'd like someone to test out. After SC 66B is blocked, would 6B:B have to be blocked? It was just an idea I had. I think it would be pretty good for damaging the soul gauge.

it could be interrupted by they probably won't. between SC 66B > agA and 6B:B you should be able to deter them from trying anything funny

To get GS A (CH) -> a -> NSS K to hit you need to delay the NSS K.

What I've done to get it, is to look at the opponent's foot position after the aB's impact. Once their feet stop moving from the aB, press K and it will often hit. I've only tested this on siegfried though, so more research is needed.

Some characters don't need a delayed NSS K to hit though, such as Amy off the top of my head.

I like it because you can get a soul charge or have tech trap options with FC 3B if they tech the 2A+B, or FC A+G to tech trap all.

Hello people. I'm new to the boards and kinda new to SC4 and NM aswell. I picked NM because I'm interested in challenge and swinging around the badass 2h sword.

I think I know each move on his movelist and can execute them but problems appear when I start to do mixups with the stances. Getting creative is the problem. I often find myself doing the same stuff too often so my opponent knows what to expect.I have a friend who plays Amy(curse her), Kilik and Taki and it seems keeping pressure on them is difficult. I'm the one being under constant pressure while playing against my friend and thus my soulgauge suffers horribly. So my questions are:

- Could someone post a couple of not so ordinary combos or combos that cannot be so easily counterhit after the 1st hit is guarded ?

- Any tips against fast short range characters like Amy and taki? How about Kilik and his super long stick ?

- Anything a new NM player HAS to know in order to start playing decently against decent opponents ?

- Is Amy as fast as she seems ?

Thanks for info :)

Back