Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

Engared/Silent: Discussion is good but try to be a bit more civil.

Silent: That 4A+B/1[a] mixup comment was uncalled for. That was a pretty big exaggeration on your part. Even if 3B/throw is a bad mixup (in your opinion) that doesn't mean it's as bad as 4A+B/1[a]. The frame advantage you would need to apply 4A+B/1[a] is not going to be as easy to come by as the frame advantage needed to apply 3B/throw. You surely know that those are not even close to being equivalent mixups.

Engared: It sounds like there's more to this than I know from just skimming your posts on the last 2 pages (I have no idea what's the deal with Vincent for example) but asking if all Soul Canada players are dickheads is pretty rude.

In my opinion, 3B/throw is not a good mixup if you're using it in a static situations, but otherwise it can be effective. I mean, if you are trying to do the moves as fast as possible at a specific frame advantage, the opponent can learn to flinch duck the grab attempt and block the 3B because the speed is too different. However, if used in other (non static) situations, or if you use something else to cover this problem, it can be effective.

And i know they aren't all dickheads, they are nice people; I just have no idea why i was being treated this way.

To answer Bubbles' question, I use GS B approximately 65% of the time for the random and better wake-up frame numbers and BT B+K the rest of the time for the must block and mixups from there..

I think Parti will be a better Nightmare than you lol.
I think his Nightmare is better than me now. Last times we played, I just got lucky win. Even he is not better than me, I think his Nightmare is as good as my Nightmare.

You grab an idiotic example which has no correlation at all to what I am saying and so obviously wrong; before having the cheek to compare it to what I am trying to explain to you.
haha.... I don't know where I get this idea from. XD
Sorry for the exaggeration, I just wanted to bring up the explanation for my True Mix-Up topic. I should use other moves instead then.

Building theory from the 50th floor? WHAT THE F*** are you talking about? I mean using your insane example, basically you are a building planner who would rather build from scratch, when resources have already been spent by other people constructing a perfectly good and working building. That's sheer arrogance there.

I have no clue what is your point any more. I mean if you are playing mindgames on the internet in discussing fighting game theory, you certainly have won. I mean i feel my brain starting to bleed trying to get through your obstinate defense. And i feel i have just been hit for a 150 damage combo, from a teammate lol.
All my posts are based on testing data, experience, logical thinking and practical theory. Seriously, it is just like a discussion for me. We have bought up a great discussion. Isn't it?

Most of those are very situational and very risky.

I haven't tried but should hold G 1A (specific timing) also be a tech trap?

And as i stated earlier, there's a must block from BT B+K.
RO or miss.

Yes, tech trap for all tech-rolls of all characters for sure. But extremely hard to do, not recommend.

What??? I think you forgot or missed somethings.

And i know they aren't all dickheads, they are nice people; I just have no idea why i was being treated this way.
None of my business. Let me go.

Hey, guys. MM..... It is just a discussion (debate). And I think we bought up a great one?. I have learned somethings from it and Engared. I don't know if you guys learned somethings too or not.
However, one topic I really needed to settle it and it is almost done now. After all, I think this forum will return peace.
And I know Engared is a good player. I should give him back the credit for those mix-ups under advantage and pressure. I knew it works, but it is not the part of things I was talking about. Anyway, thank you.

I'm going to edit my 33B6's follow up post later. I hope you guys like it.

Strategy/Playstyle Discussion.

3AA will swipe their legs and they wouldn't expect it then 6KK right after that can double kick to RO. You could even follow up with G2A+B.

Agreed lol. What? 3AA is mid->mid. 3A3A (which is what I assume your talking about) will get blocked every time. It could ring out if you hit them with it and did GS KK, yes. But you couldnt 2A+B them if theyre rung out ( unless you mean off a wall hit). But uh yeah... Either way, its only a solid mix-up between 3AA and 3A3A if theyre being silly. 3AA isnt a bad move though :) As long as they get hit/ are too far away to punish effectively.

Agreed lol. What? 3AA is mid->mid. 3A3A (which is what I assume your talking about) will get blocked every time. It could ring out if you hit them with it and did GS KK, yes. But you couldnt 2A+B them if theyre rung out ( unless you mean off a wall hit). But uh yeah... Either way, its only a solid mix-up between 3AA and 3A3A if theyre being silly. 3AA isnt a bad move though :) As long as they get hit/ are too far away to punish effectively.

Maybe you are mixed up with what i'm saying. Maybe I made a wrong notation. Usually I don't get blocked because it's a mid>low. The 2KK is mid>mid and the 2G A+B (Or if that's confusing then :2::G: then :A:+:B:)is a low. It must be a little confusing, you might be thinking of something else. Sorry for the mix-up.

Maybe you are mixed up with what i'm saying. Maybe I made a wrong notation. Usually I don't get blocked because it's a mid>low. The 2KK is mid>mid and the 2G A+B (Or if that's confusing then :2::G: then :A:+:B:)is a low. It must be a little confusing, you might be thinking of something else. Sorry for the mix-up.

...Uh. Ok. I have a feeling you are using notations incorrectly. Nightmare does not have a move 2KK. He has 2K and 2(K). Both are lows, but the 2(K) is a held version of 2K. The held version is an unblockable. Im not sure if you are talking about a different move, but 2KK is notation for pressing :2::K::K:. Ok... Now about 2G A+B. 2G is blocking low. While Nightmare is crouched, he does not have a move that is A+B. If you were to press a mapped A+B while you were rising, you would get WR(While Rising) A. You could do a second A and get WR AA. However, this move is not a low. The only low that Nightmare has that uses A+B is 3A+B. This looks like him stabbing their feet.

I hope this maybe helps clear things up >.> Im not sure what your talking about lol

Here, have a look so you can clearly see what he's talking about.

rofl.jpg

Ah god, I know what you mean. I did the same thing with grape juice, except it started in my cup and not my eyes. And then it spilled onto my keyboard. Tried to clean it up but my [esc] key is broken. :/ Lesson learned everyone: Dont pick at your eyes and grape juice. Just ends badly :(

Back