Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

Its nice to see some activity in the NM forums again but what the hell happened in the last couple of pages, it got rather heated though it did have some interesting information?

Also, instead of trolling Talisman just do what DeathInMyEyes did at first and list out what you think he's saying and wait for a reply for confirmation.

...Uh. Ok. I have a feeling you are using notations incorrectly. Nightmare does not have a move 2KK. He has 2K and 2(K). Both are lows, but the 2(K) is a held version of 2K. The held version is an unblockable. Im not sure if you are talking about a different move, but 2KK is notation for pressing :2::K::K:. Ok... Now about 2G A+B. 2G is blocking low. While Nightmare is crouched, he does not have a move that is A+B. If you were to press a mapped A+B while you were rising, you would get WR(While Rising) A. You could do a second A and get WR AA. However, this move is not a low. The only low that Nightmare has that uses A+B is 3A+B. This looks like him stabbing their feet.

I hope this maybe helps clear things up >.> Im not sure what your talking about lol

I've made a mistake in what I meant to type. When I was talking about "2KK" (I meant to say that you press 6 and kick two times, maybe that notation was wrong for that. Idk what that notation would be considered as).The other mistake with the A+B while crouched was actually meant to be A+G which literally flips the opponent. Sorry about the bad notations, I don't use them as often. Listing too much moves at once was my mistake. Hey, i'm human and I make mistakes like everyone else!

Talisman:
I believe you meant 3A2A6~GS KK. If the person doesn't RO, you can attempt a FC Throw (aka FC A+G/B+G aka Flap Jack)

Just a reminder on notations, it goes like this:
456 -------A B K ------or----- A B
123 -----G -------------------- G K

With 5 being neutral point, the first set of buttons' for arcade layout, the second set's for pad.

I've made a mistake in what I meant to type. When I was talking about "2KK" (I meant to say that you press 6 and kick two times, maybe that notation was wrong for that. Idk what that notation would be considered as).The other mistake with the A+B while crouched was actually meant to be A+G which literally flips the opponent. Sorry about the bad notations, I don't use them as often. Listing too much moves at once was my mistake. Hey, i'm human and I make mistakes like everyone else!

Its fine :) I mess up notations a lot too. Just to clarify, you mean 4KK (which is where Nightmare punches them two times. First mid then high.) then to do A+G down-grab?

EDIT: Above sounds more like it actually. I see what you mean about 6KK. Nevermind lol.

Its nice to see some activity in the NM forums again but what the hell happened in the last couple of pages, it got rather heated though it did have some interesting information?

Also, instead of trolling Talisman just do what DeathInMyEyes did at first and list out what you think he's saying and wait for a reply for confirmation.

I wasn't trying to troll. Just help him with notations. Sorry if it seemed that way :/

Its fine :) I mess up notations a lot too. Just to clarify, you mean 4KK (which is where Nightmare punches them two times. First mid then high.) then to do A+G down-grab?

EDIT: Above sounds more like it actually. I see what you mean about 6KK. Nevermind lol.

I wasn't trying to troll. Just help him with notations. Sorry if it seemed that way :/
Edit dat shit.

@Shenrii. It just might be like that, but I know for sure the last part with the throw you said was right. I know the layout. I watched a notation vid again to learn better. Thanks alot though.

@HYR. No, a 6K the KK then A+G down-grab. It's like this. Nightmare bumps the opponent with his shoulder (6K) then kicks 2 times (KK) which can cause a RO. if you don't RO then you can A+G down-grab which flips the opponent into the air. Egh... i'm such uh noob.

@HYR. No, a 6K the KK then A+G down-grab. It's like this. Nightmare bumps the opponent with his shoulder (6K) then kicks 2 times (KK) which can cause a RO. if you don't RO then you can A+G down-grab which flips the opponent into the air. Egh... i'm such uh noob.

The input is actually 66K6 GSKK 2A+G

That is to say shoulder check cancel to grim stride kk, low grab.

Edit dat shit.

I understand you now :) Sorry about the confusion lol. Id say its a viable tactic depending on that they get hit by the kicks and that they stand up for the low grab. If they don't do either of those, you dont gain much. They can also duck the second kick of the "6KK" GS kicks. So be careful about that :) And dont worry about it lol. Notation doesn't make much sense anyway... (Like a numpad? What?)

The input is actually 66K6 GSKK 2A+G

That is to say shoulder check cancel to grim stride kk, low grab.

@LivingShadow- There we go, that makes alot more sense, thank you

@HYR Cool, no worries, it works out atleast 2 times for me in 1 fight, but the timing has to be right. After that they usually know how to block me. Notations are crazy aren't they? Haha.

Keep in mind that 66K to GS KK is not a natural combo and the second kick of GS KK is a high hit, which means that most experienced players will duck the second hit. Some of them will stay ducked waiting for something else, it may be better to go with something less conspicuous than FC A+G, perhaps FC B (Highly under rated!), or 3B or 33B for a mix up if they stay ducked.

Keep in mind that 66K to GS KK is not a natural combo and the second kick of GS KK is a high hit, which means that most experienced players will duck the second hit. Some of them will stay ducked waiting for something else, it may be better to go with something less conspicuous than FC A+G, perhaps FC B (Highly under rated!), or 3B or 33B for a mix up if they stay ducked.

Cool, thanks for the advice.

I'm starting to use 22_88AB more. It's punishable, but you can delay the second hit to keep your opponent guessing. It's quite evasive, and I use it when I'm too lazy to step. It's also easy to CH confirm too. Also, isn't there a tech trap followup after this?

so currently.....I'm basing my style off of B+Ks back step and throws... I'm really liking B+K b:A and just baiting shit out on general

is there anything I can do post B throw to keep the pressure on?
any opinions or thoughts on if i'm doing it wrong?

after B grab you prettymuch just want to run at them like crazy most of the time. there's not any solid oki options from it since it throws them so far away and they can tech

I use 3 A+B sometimes to throw out a low at them if they decided to stand, instead of roll. The range they get thrown and 3 A+B's range will keep you pretty safe.

after B grab you prettymuch just want to run at them like crazy most of the time. there's not any solid oki options from it since it throws them so far away and they can tech

Or you can go back to spacing/closing game/mixups. NM's B throw is actually as good as his A imo. Can you actually A+B to soul charge up after B+G throw and not get hit i wonder.

Edit: No you can't.

Just a quick question on 33B into the B+K grab, I can do his 66B,A+K fine but I can't get 33B,B+K to work, any ideas on what to do?

so currently.....I'm basing my style off of B+Ks back step and throws... I'm really liking B+K b:A and just baiting shit out on general

is there anything I can do post B throw to keep the pressure on?
any opinions or thoughts on if i'm doing it wrong?
Sounds like a solid start. I would suggest learning/using iaga in your game as well. this move will intimidate your opponent from stepping keep them right in front of you for your throw game. aB into NS or by itself is also very nice. aB by itself is safe, kills the gauge, fast and can confuse with the NS entry. 66k is a very underated move as it TC very quick. great to use it against throw happy players. Another move that i use alot is bA in GS. This move will evade a ton of shit. And last but not least your bestfriend 1k lol. Hope it helps

Back