Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

I was about to ask you about that video. Looking forward to it.

Yeah online = 1A spam for me as well. Once in a while I'll 1[A], but no point in that. I don't really like playing NM online now a days though, can't step correctly for the life of me.

I was about to ask you about that video. Looking forward to it.

Yeah online = 1A spam for me as well. Once in a while I'll 1[A], but no point in that. I don't really like playing NM online now a days though, can't step correctly for the life of me.

1[A] blocked > 1A is pretty gold online lolz

Hi all, simple question I had that I'm sure could be clarified. Perhaps I'm simply ignorant of it and don't play often enough to see it, but I've noticed throughout the Nightmare SA that B+K (shift to NSS) mentioned as an evasion tactic. I personally don't see how that happens visually--is there something I'm missing to this? Do you mean literally using B+K to get away or using moves out of NSS to evade?

When NM does :B::+::K: you'll see him put his leading foot back and to the side, which makes for a pretty significant backstep, usually having better evasion than his actual back dash. :B::+::K: takes you out of range of Sophie's WR :(A)::+::(B): (that one mid UB). One other example of its use is Nightmare's :1::K: on hit. :1::K: is -4 frames on neutral hit, so the opponent has the slight advantage after the kick lands so he/she will usually try to respond with a fast interrupt like :2::A:. If you :B::+::K: into NSS (you can do :B::+::K: from crouch or from standing), the :2::A: will whiff because NM takes a step back and you can punish with NSS :A::+::B: and combo from there.

In general, if the opponent tries to attack with fast but short ranged attacks at a slight frame advantage, you can try evading with the :B::+::K: backstep.

well whenever I play online (almost never) I usually get called a spammer by somebody, so just cause it's someone from here doesn't mean they won't seem like a spammer to YOU...
Yea, I think it is quite unfair to Nightmare player online. If Nightmare can't use 1A and throw, what else can I use?

Anyone use 2B+K at all? I've been trying to use it after A+G...it isn't as slow as a fully charged 1[A] so it can't be interrupted/reacted to as easily, and I think it's something you can use to encourage the opponent to roll so you can use 1[A] more.

sometimes i step with 8, then 2B+K after A+G, generally if I do it by itself after A+G it will miss for some reason or another

I have some ideas for using 2B+K I will try out soon, but it's certainly not a vital move for Nightmare at this time (or ever probably). I did 1[A] blocked into 2B+K blocked in a match last week but I'm not sure it accomplished much haha

IMO 44B and 2[K] are the preferred wall combo enders. If you are looking to take advantage of the frame advantage on block, 1[A] is still better in the corner.

flashy nightmares

ok so i saw this recently and ive been somwhat using nightmare latley (im looking for a secondary and it him or yoshi) and this player plays him a little odd so i tested things like WR ,A+B,a:B:A and found that it does less damage than the easier more effective 66B to end the combo so does anyone know why cause if its just to be flashy im not sure if i wanna start using it also is there any flashy nightmares online

flashy nightmares

thanks thats interesting nightmare's wall combo possibilities never stop amazing me but he dosnt seem like a character i could pull out thinking i could win with him over my cery he dosnt really have any tools that can shut any other characters down like amy,yoshi, and voldo but i guess i dont know enough about him to deside yet

flashy nightmares

Yeah, iagA > wallsplat is rape. For when there wasn't really a wall close by, he was probably doing that because he's Chang's fd and that's what he does. Maybe for better wakes, but technically NM doesn't have as good of an advantage after airhit (when compared to post 2A+B or something).

flashy nightmares

If you wanna play a damn good Nightmare online, Chaoticity is a freaking beast. He's somewhat of a trash talker so if that's not your thing just mute him but he's nasty. Also my roomate plays with him really well offline but online he's not quite as good as Chaoticity. Hit us up and I'm sure he'd love to play you with him. I think we've played before but I can't be sure. We're usually on most of the night.

Back