Strategy/Playstyle Discussion + general Q&A

Hey guys, here are a few casuals that I played with a sick Nightmare player.

RTD Apprentice VS Mikosou Nightmare Part 1
RTD Apprentice VS Mikosou Nightmare Part 2
RTD Apprentice VS Mikosou Nightmare Part 3
RTD Apprentice VS Mikosou Nightmare Part 4
RTD Apprentice VS Mikosou Nightmare Part 5

I gave him tips throughout the video like:
1) tech right to cleanly escape the light saber toss loop (force explosion will still catch you though but at least it becomes a guessing game for Apprentice players)
2) space the 1 As outside of punish range to make it safe
3) 1a, 1k, 2a, low command throw, etc. for low mix up pressure

I noticed throughout the videos that Miko's Nightmare's strategy and effectiveness progressed as he learned more about the match up.

To help others, feel free to post what Miko's Nightmare is/isn't doing correctly strategy wise.

Damn dude, excellent stuff. Miko did very well. Making some errors but his fundamentals are so good that I will not player hate. I wonder why you don't play Nightmare. The character seems to suit your playstyle (i.e. mad spacing and punish game).

Edit: Miko- Post A+G mixups need work. 3B is not the best option here. 2K is a must block which can be mixed up with 2B and many other things including Lau throws and flapjack.

Post 33B GS B mixups need work too. I posted the full list of mixups somewhere in this thread i think.

Post-GI mixup is A+K or 66B or 4A or 44BB or throw.

Rob is also not respecting your agA so i suggest you step around his follow-up or B+K, bA or space him. Be aggressive with agA, its an awesome move.

Post NSS K CH, take your free damge and do 2A+B (unless Apprentice is able to escape it). If not use FC3B as a techtrap or attempt Lau throw. Go into soul charge as much as possible cause soul charge mix-ups are insanely underrated especially when combined with throws and NTC 3 [ B ] NSS B. You can message me for the full list.

From FC, use WR K as mixup rather than WR B for safety. On hit and on CH it gives you positive frames and only -6 on block. Leads to mix-ups. If he steps, use throw or WR AA to punish (you can go into WR AA6 GS mixups from there if blocked).

Take 22AB out of your playstyle imo. Its not a good move at all imo.

If the low mid string apprentice has whiffs the first hit, i believe you can B+K to space the mid follow up and punish accordingly.

since when people cant block 1A? (especially rtd, were you really playing seriously???)

The 1A was catching RTD's step. 1A can be disguised with step amongst other things but Miko was disguising it very well at max range.

Lol, I didn't believe the hitbox issue before, but App really did have a hard time trying to grab NM after all. Miko is really good at punishing App's WR JF too, though it's probably easy once you take the time to learn it, but I guess I never just thought about it.

Thx guys; I try.

Engared - I have too much love for my low tier babes to main NM. But when I do use him I feel the power of the upgrade. I'll read through your posts to level up from trashmare.

Greven - You'd be surprised what can work at the most random moments. I ate a naked 44K in one of those vids. No idea why. I was spacing and disguising my 1As with movement for the most part as Engared said.

Microgamer - Pretty much. It's an easy punish but if you can buffer 33B in after ducking FC 8K:A that'd be ideal.

Thx guys; I try.

Engared - I have too much love for my low tier babes to main NM. But when I do use him I feel the power of the upgrade. I'll read through your posts to level up from trashmare.

Greven - You'd be surprised what can work at the most random moments. I ate a naked 44K in one of those vids. No idea why. I was spacing and disguising my 1As with movement for the most part as Engared said.

Microgamer - Pretty much. It's an easy punish but if you can buffer 33B in after ducking FC 8K:A that'd be ideal.

I was talking about RTD picking up nightmare haha. Your Tira is too awesome to drop.

For Low mixup. I dont know if 1a should be used Except if ur enemy has low hp.(1 hit till the enemy die)

Back