Street Fighter 4!

AI is wacky in this game. Eaisest mode punished a sweep of mine on block with an Ultra, lol.

Don't try to 'play' against the computer. Just HK till you win. 1 round, 30 seconds. TIme out if you have to.

For achievements, yes. For unlocking characters, no. I'm going to unlock everyone for now and then eventually try to beat it with everyone on hardest mode.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/code/943711.html

LP & LP are mapped to my R1 and R2. And the AI be wacky at times. If you try and fight Seth, he will beat yo ass. I just keep it simple, high lows, some focus attacks and some throws to beat him.

can i play on Easiest and still unlock characters? Or does it have to be Very Easy?

I'm a little frightened by the task of having to beat
Seth with ALL characters to unlock Seth himself.

Seth of course will be banned in tournaments right...?!? His movelist seems insanely perfect as it is now. Is their ANY way to stop that command throw? I tried throw cancel, duck, block, duckblock, (jump? Into a nice shoryuken since the command throw has little to no startup animation to even predict it and you'l only be jumping otu of guessing), my own throw, LP, Lk...nothing friggen works.

Also...is anyone else really disappointed that they aren't using the HD controls?!? I Had major hopes of using zangief with HCF and HCB but now i have to do a 270 and not accidentally jump again?!?!

I believe you can play on easiest and unlock all the characters. As for Akuma and Gouken, I dunno.

But I'm really glad I bought the fightpad.

You can play on easiest. For Akuma and Gouken, you have to unlock everyone else first before you can fight/unlock them.

Wow, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has trouble against Seth!

I'm a little bummed though, my "Brawler Pack" code isn't working, is anyone else having this problem?

I'm pretty sure the Brawler Pack needs to come out first before the code will work. It should be out tomorrow, but I got to look up Capcom's DLC release schedule again.

seth wasn't that bad when I played him with ken at the arcades, but I haven't played the console version yet so I can't fairly say. There are just some characters that he probably has huge match-up advantage against for starters. And to get away from his command throws you have to do a lot of jump in and jump outs (without doing it SO often that he uppercuts your ass to death....). IN OTHER WORDS...He's a real SNK boss :-) YAY! lol

Another option is to just roundhouse him to death (he'll just kinda try and attack you and he'll end up getting for shamed by not blocking enough..lol. If you wanna be even more sad but you REALLY just want the win...tone down the wins and time and just turtle against him...block in the corner and punish his jump ins with uppercuts/fierce punches/ultras. Thats what he gets for not spamming sonic boom enough like he SHOULD have learned from guile :-)

lol apparently arcade is MUCH easier than console. I can see a LOT of casual players never beating the game because of him. He's incredibly hard and i have yet to see ANY weakness.

In this one he will spam sonic booms like no ones business if you retreat and then throw in some teleport to command throw as a mix up...

He's utter bullshit and really hurts the gameplay. I love this game but I can't help but feel SF2HD was a much better execution. We need the boss ai fixed. There is no reason a person should not be able to beat a game on Very easy in todays games. If you strip the character unlocks to at least medium and make the ai actually aligned with the difficulty settigns that would be far more reasonable. Currently I think the programmers fucked up and this is not intentional...if it is...jesus fucking christ Capcom. Are ONLY hardcore veterans supposed to be able to beat the game on easy?!?

Also the movelist...Yeah it's fine...but the move tweeks to SF2HD were WAY smarter. There's no reason Ken and Ryu should be a cakewalk to control while Cammy and Zangief players have to deal with accidental inputs all day. The game should be about when to use a move...not doing a hail marry input and then watch it get thwarted after all that effort by a simple block.

The game just came out and I'm already screaming for a patch lol. It's good...but there are definitely issues that are either bad programming or VERY poor judgement by the makers. also...music blows lol. If it weren't for a few aspects like the focus hits and ultras I'd be playing SF2HD instead right now.

Seth seems really strange on easiest mode.

Most of the time he's deadbeat easy, getting hit by everything.

Other times he will just destroy you- countering everything, frame traps, punishing with his supers

Finally found a way to beat the bastard! Get him in a corner and spam crouching HK!!! He eats it like crazy and your generally at a very safe distance and ducking so not gayass command throw and shoryuken. Lol beat him on try 2 with it!

The first round he is cake but once you win a round he powers up. How do you unlock the extra outfits for people? I have the pack that comes with the special edition but thats only for certain characters and I know I saw all the characters with extra outfits in a trailer.

Also, anyone know a good Street Fighter 4 specific forum?

lol apparently arcade is MUCH easier than console. I can see a LOT of casual players never beating the game because of him. He's incredibly hard and i have yet to see ANY weakness.

In this one he will spam sonic booms like no ones business if you retreat and then throw in some teleport to command throw as a mix up...

He's utter bullshit and really hurts the gameplay. I love this game but I can't help but feel SF2HD was a much better execution. We need the boss ai fixed. There is no reason a person should not be able to beat a game on Very easy in todays games. If you strip the character unlocks to at least medium and make the ai actually aligned with the difficulty settigns that would be far more reasonable. Currently I think the programmers fucked up and this is not intentional...if it is...jesus fucking christ Capcom. Are ONLY hardcore veterans supposed to be able to beat the game on easy?!?

Also the movelist...Yeah it's fine...but the move tweeks to SF2HD were WAY smarter. There's no reason Ken and Ryu should be a cakewalk to control while Cammy and Zangief players have to deal with accidental inputs all day. The game should be about when to use a move...not doing a hail marry input and then watch it get thwarted after all that effort by a simple block.

The game just came out and I'm already screaming for a patch lol. It's good...but there are definitely issues that are either bad programming or VERY poor judgement by the makers. also...music blows lol. If it weren't for a few aspects like the focus hits and ultras I'd be playing SF2HD instead right now.

Oh god, seems as though you were spoiled by HDR.

1) Ken and Ryu "are a cakewalk" compared to Cammy and Zangief for the same reason C.Viper is a pain in the ass to use compared to every character in the game (hence her "initial" low tier rating). Variety. Some characters require more work to win than others. Some characters require more execution precision to win than other. This concept have been in fighting games are ages. I'm not sure why you're complaining about this ancient concept now when it's been present all along.

2) Seriously, if you're going to complain about Cammy being hard to control in IV (when she's not), never touch ST. Preforming a hooligan combination in IV is infinitely easier to do than in ST even though the command was returned to it's ST carnation. I have yet to get an "accidental" input that was not my own fault.

3) Seth, while annoying, is far from impossible to beat. Seth teaches you NOT go jump in all day and ignore the concept of spacing in a fighting game on all difficulties. What's worse is that he STILL falls for stupid shit hence it being on Easy mode. ProTip: Spam roundhouse or c. roundhouse until he starts blocking. Then play keep away while you have the health lead.

4) SFIV brings back a important principle that ST made a point to get across but HDR throw out the window, hence it spoiling people. Execution. SFIV is a strict game, just like ST. HDR also is the reason there was even a Cammy bandwagon to begin with. Grrr.

most ppl said his arcade version was harder, but i can't give an honest opinion of my own just yet. I assume though he is like all bosses in fighters. You just have to wait for the lucky win (since he isn't hp/damage toned like I heard he is as a character).

And I didn't beat him that way with ken...I'm good with ken which is why I beat him..lol (and maybe luck? who knows). The other suggestions were a mix of things I heard (for the console) and things I've seen (for the arcade). Are u seriously having this much problem with him? I mean..I've hated fighting bosses before, but nothing that about 5-10 rounds with any given character wouldn't fix...

but i guess if its only 1 character or something you are tryin to win with i can understand the annoyance. Certainly the boss isn't a a stroll in the park like sc bosses...lol

ohhh....and I really need to get a stick or a fight pad... I haven't gotten the game because of that. Anyone think they'll have fight pads at a local best buy or gamestop still??

Back