Street Fighter 4!

id like to know that to, a lot of combos seem to rely on cancel mid way through into something else. i have no idea what they mean by that, is it mp+mk during the move, or do you just input the next move to cancel the previous?

tap m.P+m.K and 66 really fast immediately after you do a cancellable move, like a fireball.
It eats up 2 EX bars but completely voids the cool down of a move.

A good example of this would be Ryu's :3::2::3:m.P~m.P+m.K:6::6:~:2::3::6::2::3::6:P

SF players refer to this as a focus attack dash cancel (FADC)

I can do the throws on landing (easy peasy) and on guard (sometimes) but not from just standing there neutral.

Any tips?

-

I'd also like to add that Rufus is fucking awesome! (Though his voice actor sucks assssssssssssssssss)

try buffering the motion during a fast attack like a l.P or l.K

To do it from a neutral you have to burn the 360 so f'ing fast that you have to be asian.

Make sure you hold MK+MP when you are performing the dash, otherwise you'll just do that focus attack and dash afterwards instead of getting the fast cancel.

High Jump Cancel into Burst Time is making me go WTF at the moment. So I'm going to take another break, el oh el.

I think you gotta tiger knee that cancel, so like HP, 2367236PPP.

Not gonna lie, SC4 has made me lazy with stick inputs.

Or maybe it's my EX2 blowing chunks again...

Rose FTW, I want to do Viper but I am just SOOOOO BAD.

I am pleasantly surprised with Sakuras English voice, considering her voice actor is famous or anything. Vic Mignogna does a pretty good old man voice but I will probably give them there Japanese voice though.

Not gonna lie, SC4 has made me lazy with stick inputs.

Or maybe it's my EX2 blowing chunks again...

Rose FTW, I want to do Viper but I am just SOOOOO BAD.

Have you tried guarding with low kick yet? XD

SF4 requires a precision gamepad/stick.. the inputs are insane on some of the combos...

I'm prolly just going to buy a TE stick off of ebay

tap m.P+m.K and 66 really fast immediately after you do a cancellable move, like a fireball.
It eats up 2 EX bars but completely voids the cool down of a move.

A good example of this would be Ryu's :3::2::3:m.P~m.P+m.K:6::6:~:2::3::6::2::3::6:P

SF players refer to this as a focus attack dash cancel (FADC)

try buffering the motion during a fast attack like a l.P or l.K

To do it from a neutral you have to burn the 360 so f'ing fast that you have to be asian.

Technically it would be:
:3::2::3:m.P~m.P+m.K:6::6:~:2::3::6::2::3::6:PPP
since you can't do a regular super after FADC unless you're in training mode.

So I've come to the conclusion that playing SFIV on a pad should be a sin.

C.Viper + Pad = COMPLETE AND UTTER NIGHTMARE. Never again. >:[

PS: WTF did Capcom get lazy with the modeling and give Viper what looks like a uni-boob with a tie stuck in the middle in-game. I know what a tie stuck between boobs looks like, and it ain't THAT. At least they got it right in the anime.

So I've come to the conclusion that playing SFIV on a pad should be a sin.

C.Viper + Pad = COMPLETE AND UTTER NIGHTMARE. Never again. >:[

PS: WTF did Capcom get lazy with the modeling and give Viper what looks like a uni-boob with a tie stuck in the middle in-game. I know what a tie stuck between boobs looks like, and it ain't THAT. At least they got it right in the anime.

Uniboob is my new favorite word.

I can't really figure out the timings to the cancels. Not just the EX ones, but the natural ones. Is it just ultra quick input and you have to do the whole string in one go? I REALLY hope not. I'm so used to soul calibur where inputs are rhythmic and reactive. SF4 seems like a giant poking match and then you have to do some ultra insanely fast inputs for a combo and you better hope it doesn't get blocked or whif.

What exactly is going on with the natural cancels? How many frames do i get to put the next input in? Is there a trick? etc...

The learning curve in this game seems extremely steep from beginner to expert. You go from easy to prefrom specials and then all of a sudden trial mode has you nearly breaking your stick trying to land one set of a preassigned combo. And then there's Seth...Beating him with Dan was a fuckin bitch.

I can't really figure out the timings to the cancels. Not just the EX ones, but the natural ones. Is it just ultra quick input and you have to do the whole string in one go? I REALLY hope not. I'm so used to soul calibur where inputs are rhythmic and reactive. SF4 seems like a giant poking match and then you have to do some ultra insanely fast inputs for a combo and you better hope it doesn't get blocked or whif.

What exactly is going on with the natural cancels? How many frames do i get to put the next input in? Is there a trick? etc...

The learning curve in this game seems extremely steep from beginner to expert. You go from easy to prefrom specials and then all of a sudden trial mode has you nearly breaking your stick trying to land one set of a preassigned combo. And then there's Seth...Beating him with Dan was a fuckin bitch.

It's timing. You don't buffer everything in one go or when you want to. You buffer when the game allows meaning there are varying spaces between your presses. Pro-tip: Pay attention to character animation. When you get that down, attempt to get it into muscle memory.

And to think people actually COMPLAINED about SCIV's buffering system when the game first game out. L-O-FUCKING-L.

There's only one way to unlock him which is unlock Dan, Sakura, Rose, Gen, FeiLong, and Cammy, then play arcade and get 2 perfect and 2 ultra combos without losing a fight to fight him.

There's only one way to unlock him which is unlock Dan, Sakura, Rose, Gen, FeiLong, and Cammy, then play arcade and get 2 perfect and 2 ultra combos without losing a fight to fight him.

yeah it's really not as hard as it sounds

just put difficulty on easiest and set it to one round

then pick sagat and spam tigershot for the first 2 rounds

Using that method I got both Akuma and Gouken in like 15-20 minutes

man am I garbage at this game though

I have KoF mechanics stuck in my head so I find movement in Street Fighter to be really restricting and have no idea how to approach and deal damage

I'm losing alot online. I'm considering just going shoto scrub until I get my execution up and go back to Abel. I'm just at a loss for what to do with him outside of command grab on wakeup

Wow..Cammy's Hard Trial LV5 is beast. Has anyone been able to do this one?

Yeah after several attempts I finally got it. It really helps you get used to FADCing after specials. I believe for the cannon spike juggle you dash forward and to hit the ultra you have to dash back.

So it's Cannon Spike ~ FADC Forward ~ Cannon Spike ~ FADC Backward ~ Ultra

C.Viper was the one I was having major issues with. She's way more execution heavy in combos than Cammy so when I took a break from her Trials and did Cammy's I didn't have that much trouble.

I did it without the ultra combos. I think only the perfects are needed.

Back