Street Fighter 4!

Most moves in SC are longer than 13 frames, meaning you have more time to think about what you're going to do next and buffer in your input. The slower speed is especially apparent in combos when most of them revolve around a launch or a stun, rather than a link or a cancel.

No the problem is with the stupid fucking shortcuts. The "mushing" of the dpad just gives you random fucking moves due to the stupid input interpreter.

The game interprets stupid stuff like 33 or 2143 as 623 and with dpad you get all of those extra inputs. Also the game stores inputs for a long time so if you low block twice(like low high low), then try to throw with fei long you get a back DP. or even if you do a throw break successfully you can accidentally negetive edge a DP right after.

okay.. I had to comment ...just on shinobi's avatar..lol. Am I the only person that didn't realize they were trying to show viper's cleavage with her normal outfit? The drawing is so flat and crap that for the LONGEST time i thought it was a full body suit or shirt or something with a tie.... LOL.

Actually, it's just trying to showcase the chest, not the cleavage. The tie goes right over the cleavage so as to make it invisible. Viper's made to be basically the "naughty businesswoman." Cammy's T&A, Chun-Li for the leg fetish, Sakura for the school-girl fetish, Rose as a belly dancer/gypsy (see alternate costume).

I only have 1 problem on pad. I cant do Cammy's TK CS. (2149K). Everything else...perfect. On Stick I can do TK CS EVERYTIME but everything else fucks up! Dunno if its the Stick but I still prefer pad...(360 pad btw) I used to get random ass DP's A LOT on pad when I 1st got the game. Then after playing a lot...my mind just blocked it out and now I rarely get random DP's lol. <3 360 Pad >_>

TK Cannon Strike is too good to neglect. Like Rufus's dive kick, it's the meat of her rushdown game. LEARN A STICK NAO! >:O

Cammy player here- I can TK dive kick fine on pad. The problem is that its NOT overhead and she can be jabbed out of it (easy for people to jab it while option selecting). The real problem is Cammy just has a lot of bad match ups, meaning that you have to be a flat out better player than your opponent to win some of them.

I think a lot of people give Cammy too much credit, She's easy to turtle, crouching jab beats out all her options. One blocked cannon spike= ultra punish, one non-max distance spiral arrow= ultra punish. The rest of her shit? Jab her out of it.

I will always play her, but I am sick of players who don't know shit saying that she's great and TK dive kick is the be all end all. Sure it's great wake up mind games, but after that people have learned to just crouch and jab (mashing option select) after the first one on block- negating her throw game and forcing you to rely on her suboptimal neutral jump attacks for an overhead, which puts characters with dp at an advantage vs her.

However, i think the most underrated option for her is her air throw, I whore it and making people scared to jump is pretty key to her rush down.

I'm not saying don't play her, or she can't win. Just don't tell me I am constantly losing to Boxers and Geifs because "I am playing her wrong" lol.

cha cha

Granted, I don't touch Cammy nearly as much now as I did a few weeks ago as I find Viper more fun to play and I'm letting my friend rep her in our sessions we have since he picked her up. However, I still have knowledge on her game and know how to play her as she's still my #2 favorite character in the game (Viper being #1).

Like Rufus's insta dive kick, the point of a TK CStrike is to put you at advantage to mind game after it (if it's blocked of course). Neither her CStrike or Rufus's dive kick are overheads or need to be. You're either going to:

1) Tick throw
2) Combo and TK CStrike again if the string is blocked

Only difference is that Rufus has an overhead option, but it's barely used (considering it isn't exactly the greatest overhead) because it doesn't set you up to rinse repeat the rushdown process, where as the tick throw does (back throw is most desirable for Cammy) and the combo option gives you damage, making them the most desirable .

Honestly, if you CSpike without meter to FADC after, you deserve to be punished (just like a shoto who doesn't FADC after a DP). Same as if you do a up close SArrow that isn't a meaty on wake up. The only move that you should be using without meter is CStrike. If you are using CSpike or SArrow without meter, it's because you comboed into it. Other than that, you have no business just throwing those moves out, lol. Without meter, Cammy sucks (similar case with Rufus lol). It isn't until she has meter that she can be scary (TK EX CStrike). Let's also not neglect her FA (because it is good) and her godly backdash.

Yeah, Spin Knuckle sucks and Hooligan does as well (although EX is very viable in some instances and HP tech traps after CSpike). It's just some people cry about her like she's in Rose status. She isn't godly, but she certainly isn't Dan or Rose either. For a half assed console character, she's pretty good.

EDIT: For the lulz, perfect display how to do Cammy WRONG.

[Youtube= "XB360 Input Display = Comedy Gold"]sbwkjYT1kSQ[/youtube]

Cammy player here- I can TK dive kick fine on pad. The problem is that its NOT overhead and she can be jabbed out of it (easy for people to jab it while option selecting). The real problem is Cammy just has a lot of bad match ups, meaning that you have to be a flat out better player than your opponent to win some of them.

I think a lot of people give Cammy too much credit, She's easy to turtle, crouching jab beats out all her options. One blocked cannon spike= ultra punish, one non-max distance spiral arrow= ultra punish. The rest of her shit? Jab her out of it.

I will always play her, but I am sick of players who don't know shit saying that she's great and TK dive kick is the be all end all. Sure it's great wake up mind games, but after that people have learned to just crouch and jab (mashing option select) after the first one on block- negating her throw game and forcing you to rely on her suboptimal neutral jump attacks for an overhead, which puts characters with dp at an advantage vs her.

However, i think the most underrated option for her is her air throw, I whore it and making people scared to jump is pretty key to her rush down.

I'm not saying don't play her, or she can't win. Just don't tell me I am constantly losing to Boxers and Geifs because "I am playing her wrong" lol.

cha cha

To sum up, Cammy is complete garbage in SF4 and if people are somehow beating other people with her then the other person is not good at the game or they're playing another low tier character in the game. TK dive kick avoids lows and throws, it's not fucking invulnerable or something like people think. The end.

Sakura is mid tier and tournament viable but you need to have flawless execution on her block and attack strings and also avoid getting into a position where you need to dp to get out of it because her dp is risky and the invicible one uses meter. Crossup LK is fine.

Thing is, Cammy has ALWAYS been "garbage". She was "garbage" in ST. She was "garbage" in Alpha. The only game(s) where she wasn't "garbage" was CvS2 and Marvel in it's early competitive stages. So, I honestly don't see why some Cammy players are QQing so much.

Damn HDR for spoiling the Cammy player base.

I really wish Sakura had a reliable crossover. All her crossovers are very iffy.

Sakura has fine cross overs.
j.lk is reliable and goes into alot of her damaging combos.
in the corner J.HP is good as a crossup
and if they are crouching J.HK is a crossup, so what's the problem?

Sakura has fine cross overs.
j.lk is reliable and goes into alot of her damaging combos.
in the corner J.HP is good as a crossup
and if they are crouching J.HK is a crossup, so what's the problem?

having to do her J.HP in the corner is what i mean by her having iffy crossovers. I didn't know j.lk was a solid crossover though. Thanks

Thing is, Cammy has ALWAYS been "garbage". She was "garbage" in ST. She was "garbage" in Alpha. The only game(s) where she wasn't "garbage" was CvS2 and Marvel in it's early competitive stages. So, I honestly don't see why some Cammy players are QQing so much.

Damn HDR for spoiling the Cammy player base.

The tiers are tight in ST(HDR), unlike this game. She has maybe like 1 horrible matchup, the rest are winnable... I've won multiple tournies using her and placed 2nd at tournies with 30-40something people using Cammy exclusively other than against Honda. Also you can't just look at the buffs cammy got without looking at the nerfs. Easier notation for hooligan doesn't make her stronger. Jumping through fireball is a nice gimick but she's just as exposed as ever and doing hooligan is a better idea anyway. They messed up her jump forward/jump back MP, and made her DP more unsafe and worse in general. Cannon Drill is beatable even though it's safe on block. They just made it "safer." You can't spam that move against good players in HDR. It has the same weaknesses as it does in this game. I'm not talking about against people that play the game and think they're good because they can't FADC into ultra with sagat or whatever. Trust me I know the difference between the versions.

Back