Street Fighter x Tekken

This game is a test from Capcom to see how much stupid shit we will buy without thinking about it. I was going to write a huge post regarding this, and I still might, but I'd rather just link to these:

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/06/sf-...tched-two-offline-players-cannot-play-online/

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/05/street-fighter-x-tekken-elena-gameplay/

it's funny, because I once felt the exact same way with namco doing that with soul calibur 5... but then i actually played it and found it wasn't that bad. still not buying it tho. gotta stick to my convictions. anyway, first link i mean i can understand how xbox players feel. they gotten the shaft on this game. sony got the timed exclusive on pac, mac (megaman) and three exclusives. pair play online... then you got to wait for the vita to come out to get characters that are already on the disc. mind you ps3 players need to wait as well unless you want to go about unlocking them manually.. don't know how to do that... but you haven't told me nothin i didn't already know. then you have that wide range of dlc from costumes to gems and this that and third... meh. doesn't really affect anything tho.. i mean i was waitin for somethin huge... and this is it? this is like that video of obama that's going around that's supposed to "change" everything...

gotta say... i'm kinda disappointed. i was lookin forward to some profound shit and got stuff I read a couple days back. yeah... not cool chuck. not cool.

hmm... so then if this is capcom's test to see how much stupid shit we would buy... is tekken x street fighter Namco's test? just curious.

Unfortunately, the first MvC3 was actually the test, and SFxTekken is actually the application of the test's results. This game isn't doing much of anything differently, and its a cash cow. It reached a middling ground between SF4 and MVc3 without taking any risks and is very obviously poorly made. It goes beyond the fact that the Xbox doesn't get the full experience, though I understand why Tekken fans would be excited to see their characters played in a different way. For people who aren't Tekken fans though, there is absolutely no reason to play this game.

Unfortunately, the first MvC3 was actually the test, and SFxTekken is actually the application of the test's results. This game isn't doing much of anything differently, and its a cash cow. It reached a middling ground between SF4 and MVc3 without taking any risks and is very obviously poorly made. It goes beyond the fact that the Xbox doesn't get the full experience, though I understand why Tekken fans would be excited to see their characters played in a different way. For people who aren't Tekken fans though, there is absolutely no reason to play this game.
If you want to play Street Fighter 4 without learning 52 one frame links?

If you want to play Street Fighter 4 without learning 52 one frame links?
Oh but you do have to if you want damage because chains are ass and links deal damage.
Links also allow you to do specials moves after them while chains only allow you too if you waste meter.

If you have a PS3, I'd say it's a 10 out of 10.
If you have an XBox 360, I'd say it's a 6 out of 10.
Ok, I noticed that they catered more characters to the PS3 version due to more disk space. Is it more than that though? Less lag, smoother play, etc?

Played the game yesterday for the first time... Game is so easy. Once I played a few rounds I was beating my friend who owned the game and had his combos down. I picked Akuma and just abused jabs and tatsu I couldn't do launchers but I still did well. Game is easier to pick up than Marvel.

Back