Strike - Move Discussion

Then I would suggest you try doing 1B:B 1B:B closer to your opponent. I don't know if there's another way. When I practice for fun: 1B:B 1B:B 44B+K BE 2143B:B it always connects. Be sure you buffer 2143B:B at the right time/very early.

So I've tried training against Astaroth today, and I can connect to 2143B:B everytime I manage to do 2x 1B:B with or without 44B+KA+B+K in between. I used to only train against Aeon, and that's when I had trouble connecting to 2143B:B. Perhaps the difficulty of connecting is related to the size and shape of the various characters' hitboxes.

Well some chars are just "born" to be weird ^^
When I wanna try something new or just refreshen my current skills; I pick Cervantes as a practice dummy mainly because there's a lot of Cervys where I'm from and he's a Medium sized character which is perfect. I don't normaly pick chars that no one rarely ever plays (like Aeon, but there might be more dragons where you're from). I do however try every combo/tech trap out on Small, Medium and Large chars (lol they be like clothing now) and I haven't found much difference other than it's harder to combo x2 1B:B 2143B:B on small and they've to be close ^^ Then there are ukemi traps where small chars get away with loads of dmg and large can eat it all kinda :P

TL;DR try out combos on every size of characters at least 1 time (S,M,L). You'll find intresting things by doing so.
For example 1B:B 2143B:B BE~RoH B~2A BE misses on Small and Medium chars in an open area where as it hits Large.

Perhaps the difficulty of connecting is related to the size and shape of the various characters' hitboxes.
Aeon's hurtbox is like a brick wall. It's pretty thin on the longitudinal axis (which helps him backstep things really well) but is laterally quite wide, which can give him trouble when stepping verticals. Because of this, certain combos won't work on him, like Pyrrha Ω's 236A → 236B.

So I've tested this combo on all of the characters except for Dampierre, Devil Jin and the mimics. I've noted that this combo seemed to work on all of them except for Leixia, Astaroth, Algol, Xiba, Natsu and Aeon. In particular, if I use 44B+KA+B+K on Leixia after 2x 1B:B, I sometimes couldn't connect to 2143B:B; it's always fine without 44B+KA+B+K though. Astaroth and Algol got pushed back rather often, and while I could always connect to 2143B:B, I usually could only continue the combo through :A+B+K instead of ~JFT although ~JFT was doable if they were not pushed back. Xiba, Natsu and Aeon on the other hand, almost always got pushed back, but unlike Astaroth and Algol, I could rarely connect to 2143B:B.

What a relieve! I thought I just suck as alpha Patroklos before testing this combo against characters other than Aeon.

how do we do the 1B:B the second time
For me, it's trial and error, practice and luck. I cannot say for sure if you can use the same timing as you did for the first 1B:B since I am not knowledgeable enough about buffering and am not a computer that can tell if I have been using the same timing or not when executing 2x 1B:B. I was, however, able to do 5x 1B:B (definitely not a combo XD) one time, so maybe you can use the same timing at least for the second to nth 1B:B, but that might not be relevant to your question. Anyway, it seems to become a JF if you hit B around the time the sword is supposed to be horizontal in the 1B animation.

Once you try doing 2x 1B:B over and over again, you should be able to make it happen a couple of times. Try to note roughly the timing of your successful attempts, and then you should be able to guess with some certainty if the timings of your subsequent unsuccessful attempts are too early or too late and to correct those errors.

You can also try the double tapping method described at http://8wayrun.com/threads/jf-difficult-order.12218/page-2. I've tried it on my classic controller and my hitbox, and the double-tapped Bs seems to come out much more often with the classic controller. However, since I've been training on the hitbox for so long, I'm probably going to pretend the double tapping method doesn't exist.

Maybe those who have a better grasp of consecutive 1B:Bs can elaborate more.

2x 1B:B is hard to connect (well at least for me), For me I tend to hit 1B:B~2143B:B ALOT more consistently... Its only a bit less damage too :)

I think that 2x 1B:B is not that great as everyone think, I got to admit that it looks pretty cool and when someone actually does it(the x2 version, which is rare to see it online) I automatically think he is a pro XD. But if we come to reality I think that the second 1B:B its for a little bit of extra damage.

Personally I only try it when I am cocky or I feel confident. If you do 1B:B your enemy will be in a stun state longer than with the second 1B:B, meaning that if you do the second 1B:B you will have less frames to do your next attack.

I'm trying to learn it because of the ridiculous distance it pushes the opponent. I usually it when I have enough meter to use 44B+K BE and 2143B:B:BE.

Oh, and style points. That combo is sick.

I have seen some aPat player that right after a 2143 B:B they do 22/88 B:A without sidestepping or moving from the place they are, how is this possible??

I'm guessing that there is a way to buffer this move, otherwise I don't think its possible. I have not tried buffering this move since I don't think it can be buffered. Also its not like they press 2 and then 8 so they end up in the same place again.

Can anyone tell me how to do it??

Apat's special stance allows him to use 8wayrun moves from neutral. The input would be 2362BA as Inori DWF said.

Just a little tip for 1B:B just frame - press the second B right before the attack would be blocked or hit.
hope this helps.

lol I;m a bit late.
First thing, try to keep Qs like these in the combo discussion thread.^^
1B:B is same timing for both sets, because its not a just frame like SC4 Tiras 4A:A where its a just frame while hit thing.
The timing is slighty faster that of 'baba' in the baba black sheep lullaby

-To connect 1B:B, 1B:B, FC 1B:B, you must buffer the FC1:B you shouldnt be able to see him moving to FC stance,
To get use to it without having to rely on 1B:B execution, set counter up, and do 33_2363B, 2143B:B. Once you can do that, than try getting 1B:B, 1B:B FC1B:B

Back