Taki Study Discussion:

Taki Study discussion:

Ok here let me repost this since you obviously had a hard time reading this in particular

Like I said it's the human element, mistakes happen. This is what I'm talking about. I even stated myself that I'm not a fan of her ABK BAK BK/K series. You can't see why I made that mistake?

Have you played me? How would you ever know I abused a specific move if we've never come face to face? And again, the simple fact that you wish to keep someone from doing anything is why I even brought this up in the first place. Yeah I will continue to do what I want, meanwhile you can continue to theory fight all you want. While players like Dreamkiller are doing what you ask? Out winning/placing high in tournaments against REAL PEOPLE based soley on what THEY practice and what they feel is best for THEM. Not what they are told is right. In real situations you can't count soley on your study or frames, just you and your skill as a player. I would love to meet you face to face one day, It would most certainly be interesting to say the absolute least.

Yo, why do you think this arena is so vacant most of the time as far as visitors/players? It certainly isn't Dreamkiller or myself, nor is it that people aren't interested in Taki. Dreamkiller, myself, and a few others hardly post here for various reasons. I'll leave it to you to find the answer but here's a hint: People hate dictators. I wish you nothing but the best in whatever it is you do yo. Theory it up son. ;)

-MadDorya

LoL I dont even play taki and I hate dictatorship... but this post owned for some reason.... by the way 214gets you into PO people Thats some Serious Taki Study right there... oh yea and B+K, B<B<B for life! ;)

Taki Study discussion:

ok, remove the tag that shouldn't be there, that's just weak and childish. also, i think it's untrue.

PoDFDorya, i'm not taking sides here, but i don't see anything on page 4 of this thread that indicates any form of dictatorship. while Halister's writing style may exude a certain tone of confidence, i don't think he was making any judgements whatsoever. he simply corrected you on ABK, and in his way made a suggestion to be careful on the use of BA[K] and B[K], since in his experience, which seems to be comprehensive, those delayed kicks will get ducked and get you killed. from the way that i read it, his post was a correction followed by a warning generated from his experience.
i think he is right to quickly squash an error for the good of everyone on the boards. in saying that he is "more inclined to keep you from trying to abuse something that can't be in the first place and I'm more interested in keeping the information correct on the boards" he is not talking about you and you only, but anyone and everyone who reads the boards.

Halister seems to have a comparatively more serious demeanour and you a more light-hearted one, and perhaps that is the source of the friction. can't we all just get along? he takes the integrity of the information on this board quite seriously, and i appreciate that-- it's the sort of thing you want in a mod. if you don't like the way he does it, then that's something else, but try not to confuse the message with the medium... you seem more lax about things, and i appreciate that as well, but you can't be too lax and you should test your shit thoroughly before you post it. the entire world is reading this! :)

aaaanyway..

personally, i like using BAK if i anticipate a non-crouching CH. i try to use all her strings just for the sake of not being too repetitive and thus predictable, but BA[K] only if i know they're not expecting the K.

Taki Study discussion:

Halister, bro, you gotta stop nitpicking the way you do. I know I made a mistake, but dude. You tend to put people on the spot for it. To be honest myself, (as well as a very cool cat who I met recently) would post on the Taki threads more. But Jesus, everyone here is so on your bandwagon, and for what lol. That's never a good thing. You sap everyone's creativity away when you impose a certain archetype. Myself as well as a few others don't really appreciate it, you somewhat impose what you believe to be useful rather than discuss and brainstorm what is or isn't. I don't mean to be harsh but that's the vibe I get from you. Other than that, much respect to you and your theory's.
Dude, what are you talking about, seriously?

Ok, you made a mistake. He corrected it so that no one else goes around thinking that you're right when you weren't, so he was fixing it for you. He wasn't "calling you out", he was saying you're made a mistake.

Then you go on talking about a Halister bandwagon or something? That came out of absolutely nowhere. Halister's advice is almost always 100% objective, I've never seen him impose a play style.

Have you played me? How would you ever know I abused a specific move if we've never come face to face? And again, the simple fact that you wish to keep someone from doing anything is why I even brought this up in the first place. Yeah I will continue to do what I want, meanwhile you can continue to theory fight all you want. While players like Dreamkiller are doing what you ask? Out winning/placing high in tournaments against REAL PEOPLE based soley on what THEY practice and what they feel is best for THEM. Not what they are told is right. In real situations you can't count soley on your study or frames, just you and your skill as a player. I would love to meet you face to face one day, It would most certainly be interesting to say the absolute least.

Yo, why do you think this arena is so vacant most of the time as far as visitors/players? It certainly isn't Dreamkiller or myself, nor is it that people aren't interested in Taki. Dreamkiller, myself, and a few others hardly post here for various reasons. I'll leave it to you to find the answer but here's a hint: People hate dictators. I wish you nothing but the best in whatever it is you do yo. Theory it up son. ;)

-MadDorya
Why so serious?

Have you actually met Halister? How would you ever know if he does or doesn't play real people if you've never come face to face?

And I'm not sure if Dreamkiller is happy with you throwing his name around.

Taki Study discussion:

ok, remove the tag that shouldn't be there, that's just weak and childish. also, i think it's untrue.

By the way. I wasn't the one who posted that tag. Although I found it quite hilarious, It wasn't me just to clear that up. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant since I just crucified myself apparently. Yep....I'm dead lol.

Taki Study discussion:

Dude, what are you talking about, seriously?

Ok, you made a mistake. He corrected it so that no one else goes around thinking that you're right when you weren't, so he was fixing it for you. He wasn't "calling you out", he was saying you're made a mistake.

Then you go on talking about a Halister bandwagon or something? That came out of absolutely nowhere. Halister's advice is almost always 100% objective, I've never seen him impose a play style.

Why so serious?

Have you actually met Halister? How would you ever know if he does or doesn't play real people if you've never come face to face?

And I'm not sure if Dreamkiller is happy with you throwing his name around.

I'm the one who's serious? I was just defending myself. I MYSELF EVEN POINTED OUT THAT I DID MAKE A MISTAKE SO DON'T TRY AND MISCONSTRUE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED. I SAID, "YO I MADE A MISTAKE CREDIT GOES TO HALISTER FOR THE CORRECTION." Damn, I wasn't being serious in the least bit so get off my back bro I'm sensitive lol. Oh and don't worry, I wouldn't even have mentioned Dreamkiller if I didn't know him so I don't see the problem. He's done this to others, not just myself, I don't care about having my post revised for a mistake. It's the way he goes about it that I don't appreciate. If you understand what undertones are then you'd know where I'm coming from. I would elaborate more, but I'm not going to drag anyone, especially my friends into this pettiness. It's over, we already resolved it. So I'd appreciate it if you didn't involve yourself in this any further. Yeah, no offense but YOU came out of nowhere and was like "WUT UP I'M ABOUT TO PUKE ON YA" lol just kidding. This was between Halister and I. And if your that nosy, opinionated, and curious. Go ask Dream yourself what he thinks about him lol. You'll see why he'd rather not post. But hey, who am I? I'm just a pot head who happens to love Soul Cal.

Seriously It's donzo. Stop blowing it up any further than it already has. I really don't want any problems. I'm too laid back for this. I can't even believe you thought I was serious! Check LVK's response. The dude and I hardly know each other and he's like, "Dude Dorya's is chill as fuck" not in those exact words lol. Dude, I pack and smoke bowls every day. Half the time I'm to baked to even respond to half the shit on here. Are we good? No animosity bro. Dude, and the whole bandwagon thing? That's just how I saw it. Don't bite my head off. I swear bro, coming here just killed my high. I can't deal with this. You express yourself and try and stand up against something you feel keeps you down. And you get shot for it son. I need to pack another bowl lol. PEACE! ;)

Taki Study discussion:

Dorya...

I don't know where you see me as taking shots at you. I only corrected the ABK thing and pretty much left it at that. I also mentioned that the delay Ks are crouchable and if you use them too much you will likely get punished. You made a mistake in what you said and I corrected it. That should have been the end of it, but somehow you got upset at something. Yes, I can see why you made the mistake, but it was still made. Would you rather me edit your post to correct it or just post the correction?

If the subject is over, then we can leave it dead.

For the record:
I don't care what style you play in this game. I'm just point out the facts of the game. Use whatever is effective for you. I understand better than anyone that frames are only one part of the equation in fighting games. The fact that certain moves are punishable by the numbers but not in practicality is also something I understand. I gave my opinion on certain moves. If you use it or not is up to you.

Don't expect me not to correct mistakes. When I'm wrong I'll do the same.

Taki Study discussion:

Dorya...

I don't know where you see me as taking shots at you. I only corrected the ABK thing and pretty much left it at that. I also mentioned that the delay Ks are crouchable and if you use them too much you will likely get punished. You made a mistake in what you said and I corrected it. That should have been the end of it, but somehow you got upset at something. Yes, I can see why you made the mistake, but it was still made. Would you rather me edit your post to correct it or just post the correction?

If the subject is over, then we can leave it dead.

For the record:
I don't care what style you play in this game. I'm just point out the facts of the game. Use whatever is effective for you. I understand better than anyone that frames are only one part of the equation in fighting games. The fact that certain moves are punishable by the numbers but not in practicality is also something I understand. I gave my opinion on certain moves. If you use it or not is up to you.

Don't expect me not to correct mistakes. When I'm wrong I'll do the same.
Yeah bro no prob. Like I said I even pointed out that I did make a mistake. I just felt sort of a patronizing tone. Although I could be wrong. It's cool, I was never mad. I was like "Um....I'm not mad bro lol". But yeah bro much respect, I told you that. Peace! ;)

Taki Study discussion:

Enter HALISTER - THE Taki police lol

Not to fuel the fire or anything but I think this all has to do with you referencing and directing players to your study (which is stickied btw lol) when it seems people are trying to brainstorm rather than teach.

I personally don't mind your approach to moding, but I can see how people that aren't use to it could find it abrasive. You do it extremely well, but a bit too well sometimes It seems. If I didn't know any better...I'd swear jaxel had you on a salary. Haha, seriously though...keep doing what you're doing. Just make sure you put one of the many ridiculous smilies after every post

Players confident in there own play style should take the initiative and make there own studies. It always fun to see how different people interpret characters as diverse as taki. In general, I think other people that have different outlooks on Taki should post more, including myself. It'd balance things out a bit me thinks. Just make sure you do your research first...else the 1 time gon getcha. *Woop Woop*

-edit

oh, and by ridiculous smilies...I meant the smilies, not you. You know we go way back Hal, I got nothing but respect for you. it's all love

Taki Study discussion:

How the hell do you fight Astaroth? As slow as he is, I sure get beat on almost everything I do. Can't even shift into PO because of his stupid knee.

Taki Study discussion:

after a blocked 1BA or AB into PO, PO step will evade his knee and his nipples. I find when they get spammy with those two, finishing either ABK or AB4A+B~A will make them think twice. Just be wary that you can get thrown out of PO step.

Also, every now and then I am able to catch an Asta playing keep away with bombs. 4A+B,B has very surprising range, and is great for punishing Astaroth players who like to throw out moves to prevent you from rushing in.

Taki Study discussion:

Can someone please explain to me the best lows that taki as besides 1A. It seems that every time i try a different low with her it is ether to short of range or to long a frame to connect with.

Taki Study discussion:

Can someone please explain to me the best lows that taki as besides 1A. It seems that every time i try a different low with her it is ether to short of range or to long a frame to connect with.

She has no lows.

Taki Study discussion:

pretty sure this has to have been found and kinda useless but i dont see it,anyone notice that "silent mist" can be chained consecutively even at the end of pos rush or pos rush to hover

Taki Study discussion:

One of the better ways to get around Ivy IMHO is to use your WR and PO tactics. The problem tho is that WR is suspetable to early mid and low horizontals and Ivy is good at ANY range. So all in all I would suggest switching it up between PO and WR.

I think that a good way to end your stun combos is to do A+B 88/22A G+A/G+B when your 88/22 hits they will bounce upp IF they are holding down G (witch quet meny do when they are beeing stuned or in the air) i gues you can do AB 4A+B 22/88A G+A/G+B if you prefer. I don't know if this is new to anyone but i've been doing it quet alot recently and it is working very well nobady that has bounced upp has managed to duck the grab and the best part is that the grab will do full damage

Greetings to my hardest sparring mate!

Believe Yukani it works on me all the time although he even told me about it before he did it. Lol

A fun way to annoy spacing Astys is to use Taki's 4B Auto GI on his 1[A]B (Discus to guard break).
Which seems to be a big part of his spacing game. It's not hard to discern from his 1[A]A, even online.
Oh unasked of... fun anyway lol.

A question on my part: I've seen Halisters vids and wonder why in a big combo he does 3bK, PORC, 1BA... instead of 3bK, PO K, 1BA... Is the PORC version less shakeable? Or better in another way? Or are you fools? Not using or not even aware of the PO K?(which would really surprise me)

I've been practicing ridiculously long stun "combos" unaware of how easy they are shakeable. Especially because of the inability of many online players to shake decently. I wanna share anyway maybe you can make something good of them.

Shakeable stun "combos":
44K, 6A, 3bK, POK, 1BA, POB
44K, 6A, 3bK, POK, 22_88 A, BT A+B, A6, WRB

Those also work without 44K if you just hit 6A as a counter.

HOB, FC A+KK, 1BA, POK, 44K, 6A, 3bK, POB
HOB, FC A+KK, 1BA, POK, 44K, 6A, 66BA

The 44K seems to be very shakeable in these sets but you can just keep it and the 6A away. Like:

HOB, FC A+KK, 1BA, POK, 3bK, POB
HOB, FC A+KK, 1BA, POK, 66BA
HOB, FC A+KK, 1BA, POK, 22_88 A, BT A+B, A6, WRB (This doesn't work with 44K, 6A in the mid anyway)

Although they are shakeable they could be good anyway if you put a bomb, a throw or something in there. But don't try them on Yukani he knows them well. lol.

Another question:
Although 1BA PO is, according to the frame data, faster than 3bK PO,
It seems to me that 3bK POR and 3bK PORC are faster than 1BA POR and 1BA PORC.
EX1: I need to input the 66 earlier after the 3bK214 than after 1BA214 to rush.
EX2: When i try something like a 1a after 1BA POR as fast as possible i often get the cancel hop back and nothing else, but after 3bK POR it works, cancels the POR and does the 1A, pretty early.

Or does 1BA have, so to say, a bigger impact on my opponent so that my transition from 1BA to POR is slower than from 3bK to POR but he is delayed even more and thus i have the advantage?
Or am i right or altogether wrong?

Ps: Nice to see you're still there for Taki, Halister!
Maybe you still know me from the good old SCForum days as KornyKlown
Taki is the best!

3bK PORC 1BA is all guaranteed after CH WS K
if you do 3bK PO K, they can shake out of the PO K stun and block 1BA - in other words, it's not guaranteed

NOTHING is guaranteed after PO K hits... please realize that this is the END of a combo and the start of a mixup (though I like PO A more than PO K in those situations)

Been in Baltimore this past January, though I will say that a month off from games has sapped my desire to play SC4 anymore.

Back