Taki's Replacement Revealed?!

• Admin
This week Daishi has been teasing that he might do an early reveal of one of the two silhouettes posted about a week ago. He's been asking which of the two silhouettes people want to see most, and today he gives us an early look at a brand new female character!

new character.jpg

Daishi has been rather glib on whether or not Taki would be returning. However, with the reveal of this character, it can be assumed that Taki may only play a secondary role in Soul Calibur 5.

Thanks Daishi! Comic Con 2011 is only a week away, stay tuned for the next reveal!

i just hope she doesn't have the same movements and combos... other wise she would be just Taki.. in a new look..

She is replacing Taki. The post on Facebook said so, and I'm not to happy about it either! Taki was one of my most favorite characters and I'm no to happy about her being replaced! That being said OMG I can't wait to play this because I have been wanting a new one v one fighter for such a LONG time and SC is one of my favs!!!

So if I say "I have donuts?" that means I definitely have donuts? because if I remember correctly it said "Taki character replacement" with a "?". How do you know they aren't just messing with you, leading you to think that it is and then show Taki later? B)

Like the art style and design. Don't really care that her hair is blonde, even if it is a culture clash (this is Soul Calibur, we're talking of here, the land of demon swords and hula-hoops).

If I had to tweak anything, I'd change her happy-go-lucky smile into Taki's more serious-looking pose. The smile makes her look too much of your typical anime teeny-bopper.
Yeah, I agree. Xianghua already fills the 'cute and silly' female character slot
for SC.

Now don't shoot me when I say this, but I actually like her more...lol. It looks like she would be a pupil of Taki or something. If not, then hopefully she is even more wild.
There's nothing wrong with liking what the NEW SCV has to bring. :)
I couldn't get Taki's play style in ANY of the games...so if this new girl is a new ninja with a different play style, then that's awesome for me! Considering that I like ninja characters. :P

If you look really hard, you can see all the ninja fanboys hanging themselves in the reflection of her pauldrons - this pleases me greatly =3

Taki and Setsuka's offspring would be better

Seems like you were right and Taki and Setsuka made a kid together.

On a serious note, i'm not overly impressed.

Atm she seems very meh and not badass enough to to be Taki's actual replacement. We'll have to see in game footage to really judge that though.
Chances being very slim IMO that Taki returns, i hope they at least give her a black haired 2p outfit.

Well i know that looks can be deceiving but the only word i find for the new Ninja is:
Hupfdohle.
Especially compared to Taki.

And considering your suggestions to play SC1-4, i also have the possibility to not play SC at all. In the worst case scenario. (No Taki, replacement being crap)

Edit:
There's also the possibility that This new Ninja is Really awesome to play as, in the actual game.
We can't tell from a picture. I hope she's so awesome that i won't miss Taki too bad.
And maybe she's top tier? Would be a nice change.

I like very much! The outfit and colors have a nice theme mixed with Japanese armor. I have a strong feeling, she'll replace Taki.

Also, she is hosting Taki's default weapon. So im guessing it still have a shard of Soul-Edge in it, after 17yrs. Which mean, NINJA BOMBS!!! LOL!!

I am officially pissed at this, seriously. Idc if Taki hasn't been not comfirmed (idc if that's a double negative) if they do decide to make a soul calibur 5,6,7 etc that means that Taki will be slowly put out the game the same way Hwang and Li Long was.

This is bullshit, she was there from the beginning, not a smart move by namco at all imo.

Also, she is hosting Taki's default weapon. So im guessing it still have a shard of Soul-Edge in it, after 17yrs. Which mean, NINJA BOMBS!!! LOL!!
I don't know, man. Her blades look different from Taki's. I mean, the hilts of her blades are pink! That doesn't rule out the ninja bombs, though.

Live streams

24 Viewers
Draethiox
Draethiox
Potisive Vibes Pt. III
11 Viewers
Viscoito
Viscoito
cento e quatro e TRES O MELHO PLANTSVS ZOMBIE!!? + abioticozinho?? a ultima coisa q vc vai ver na vida!! Oq aconteceu watadoublefaki bizarro
2 Viewers
VileDeathxWave
VileDeathxWave
Yell Dead Cell! Day 3 of SC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back