Taki's Replacement Revealed?!

• Admin
This week Daishi has been teasing that he might do an early reveal of one of the two silhouettes posted about a week ago. He's been asking which of the two silhouettes people want to see most, and today he gives us an early look at a brand new female character!

new character.jpg

Daishi has been rather glib on whether or not Taki would be returning. However, with the reveal of this character, it can be assumed that Taki may only play a secondary role in Soul Calibur 5.

Thanks Daishi! Comic Con 2011 is only a week away, stay tuned for the next reveal!

Well i just hope the in-game character won't make the voices in my head scream "I'm a Barbie girl" all the time.

And if she's saying OMG at any point in the game i'm going to buy a copy just to shred it and send it back to daishi. That's a big IF though.

So no one should be allowed to even hint at a smile in Soul Calibur? Oh wow...
I never say that, but taki was the archtype of a ninja: focused, serious, unemotional, charismatic. This one look like a typical manga heroine, and we have already many of them in SC. this is naruto calibur

I like it. Judging purely by her pose and looks, she seems like she will be a blonde ninja version of Xianghua. We'd probably end up with a serious asian looking Xianghua replacement or just a more mature Xianghua to balance it out.

I'm giving this new ninja girl a chance. We have yet to see what she is really like in an ACTUAL game, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

@FleshMasher

As long as that Sister Isabella Valentine retains her wicked moveset, I wouldn't mind. Besides, she'd still be wearing a thong and fishnet stockings beneath that habit.

In a shocking reversal, I'm going to blame the weeaboo's for hating the character instead of liking it! I can't believe anyone here thinks Taki's character, or any character in SC had any kind of "depth" to speak of. I mean the Soul story has the depth of a shitty shounen anime to begin with; and that goes for ALL characters. This character can quite literally DO NO WORSE.

Taki serious? Sure she makes some pre-match "Serious quips", but shes a ninja who screams loudly, wears a bodysuit to show off cameltoe, and quite frankly is a trope. Your getting a trope to replace a trope. That's how serious SC is, lol.

Seems fine to me. Actually has more personality than the old taki. On another note, expect the whole female cast besides ivy, amy, and possibly setska being cut...

I'm kinda glad that the characters are anime-esque. I mean, seriously if I wanted to play as a Roman Gladiator or a character that gives true and full homage to a cultural background and what have you, i'd play the Deadliest Warriors game. Every character in Soul Calibur has always fallen into some sort of anime archetype, anyone complaining about the animeness of the characters should be shot, as they clearly haven't played the Soul Calibur Series.

Taki was like the alpha female of the group. You toss all the bitches into a inflatable pool and have them wrestle tits deep in chocolate pudding and taki will emerge the victor over 60% of the time.
wait wait wait that mean tailm will be the alpha bi**h yay.......

I'm sure we have
Yeah a serious Xianghua, how about a friendly Astaroth and Ivy as a nun.

180° changes FTL.

Friendly Astaroth? Give Ashlotte a less reckless movelist and we have it. ^_^

Heh, Nuns have boobs too. I'm quite sure Ivy is still celibate anyway.. >.>

Man, there are some real haters on this thread, despite the optimism of some, and a few others trying to temprament said haters.

I can see why people might be a little upset with the new design, since we've had taki since, what, '96? Talk about an old favorite. Quite simply, even with her bazooka chest, she's well loved and irreplacible by ANYBODY.

But, seriously, this game is 17 years later, and taki is on the older half of the cast. Her (unconfirmed) replacement should come without too much surprise. I might also dare to say that, while i woulk like to see playable middle-aged taki, if she looked the same as in the old games (which alot of suggestions in posts seem to point to) I would have been pissed of, because that would be really stupid and unoriginal. (which is why i hope they don't do that with Ivy. Matter of fact, they should get rid of her)

This new chick, I really like her design. She's a little out of place if you think of her as strictly a 'taki replacement', with her bright colors and all, but just thinking of her stricrly as a new SC character, I think she is awesome. And like Pyrrah, I think she'll look even better in the game. Cant wait to see how her hair movement is done, that should make her character look even cooler in motion. She definitely looks like she'll be a secondary for me.

Now, bring back my Xianghua, Daishi-san!!

Live streams

4 Viewers
RonTheTryhard
RonTheTryhard
SC6 Casuals w/ Raztokk then PSOBB after
3 Viewers
duskybook342150
duskybook342150
💙🙃💋 adult content [18+] and 420 friendly, 🎙️mic optional

Forum statistics

Threads
Members