Talim Q&A / General Discussion

I have this huge problem with anything that involves a character stepping back in any way.
Are there some moves you can suggest for this? Because I can't seem to hit anyone who backs away.

Generally yeah, what Talim JP said. But what exactly do you mean by stepping back? Just walking backwards normally, or using an attack that makes them evade like Xianghua's :4::4::B:?

If you are dealing with moves that backstep, sometimes, depending on the move, Talim just can't reach them with a standard attack. So you want to back off at times to try and bait them into using those moves so you can whiff punish.

Some people think to back away from you all day since you're Talim, and that's "what you're supposed to do against Talim". But the best advice I can give there is, they can't win the match without attacking you. If you are ahead in life and they try backing up, let them... time is now on your side. They gotta come back to you eventually, right?

I mean, unless you're fighting Ivy, there's not much of a threat being half a screen away from your opponent.

Ivy is really annoying. I suggest not playing Talim against Kilk and Ivy. I switch to SK when I have to fight one. I'm not a fight of sitting on my ass and blocking all day.

Yea, a habit I picked up from my time playing online was that if they decide to constantly back away, is to play keep away to annoy them. Good Ivy players make me laugh. I can do nothing but block because of their range, but I've rarely played good Kiliks. Sadly, Talim is the only character I can use to any extent. It is not because I don't practice others, but I just have this weird mental block with them

Well I suggest Setsuka, SK, or yoshi as a second. But play whoever you feel comfortable with. If you're on psn we can play sometimes. I need to get back into the Sc mindset anyways.

Yea, I play on PSN. I've been sad lately that it has been down so no online play.
I never understand Setsuka. Its her damn just frames. Lol.
The same way I can't do Talim's Icy Wind...

I've only ever managed to pull it off once, and that was while I was spazzing out.
Which sucks because I love the move. It was so much easier to use in SC3...

really? i think its a lot easier in SC4. Mashing buttons is annoying and i never knew when to stop mashing A and to move on to B. You just cant rush the 236's, and you gotta make sure you dont press A or B before you finish it.

That move is really easy to do this time around compared to 3. You just do all three parts without pausing at all. Once you get good at it you can actually hit confirm the third part.

I've seen a lot of pointers on how to pull it off, and I still never get it. Lol.
But I can do it consistently in SC3 without trying. Maybe it is all the Mario Party I used to play as a child.

No. no. You are thinking of the wrong move. We are talking about the one where she spins her weapons like crazy.

:A::+::B::2::3::6::A::2::3::6::B:
I can't really do it either...
Oh great, and I was just about to ask how to do this one... The timing must be insanely fast cause I can't seem to get in all three parts. The farthest I've gone is A+B 236A

Oh great, and I was just about to ask how to do this one... The timing must be insanely fast cause I can't seem to get in all three parts. The farthest I've gone is A+B 236A

I don't know if it's fast or not, but basically you have to do 236A before the first hit form A+B hits (at least that's how I do it no problem)and then do 236B immediately after that (not sure if Talim is in her A+B animation during that phase or starting her 236A).

No. no. You are thinking of the wrong move. We are talking about the one where she spins her weapons like crazy.
Oh yeah....wow that move requires no thinking at all. I mean all i have to do is mash. i mean when i try to do it online it fucks me over, but when I do it offline it comes out so smooth.

Back