Team Crooked Jester September Soulcalibur IV Monthly

[9/6/2008] Team Crooked Jester Soul Calibur 4 Monthly - Edison, NJ

what time does the tourny start and is anyone from manhatten going by train or bus if so mind if i tag along as i have no idea where im going

Ok, put me down for bringing a TV.

Also, if it's confirmed that there's gonna be some casuals before the tournament starts, I can be there early for those.

There will be, any time early afternoon on Saturday is fine.

MLP posted it in the other thread, just get someone's phone number and get to the Metropark station in Jersey, your train ride would basically go Penn > Secaucus junction > Metropark.

Jaxel: I know it's a lot of stress organizing events, so even if I can't make it, big thank you for taking it on, especially with such regularity.
Can you be a little more specific about the environment for Sat though? Specifically, if your mom is having her own sauré (nice word choice btw), then would we all be entirely restricted to the garage/your room?
I ask because as you know, this affects:
Domestic activities such as crash space, showers, eating, relations with your female family members >:-)
Chilling activities such as grilling (I <3 fire & meat), smoking (either or), drinking, and public urination

I can definitely see the ideal event span being arriving Friday night to party and play till the wee hours. Wake up early afternoon on Saturday to clean up, eat, and get some last-minute sessions in pre-tournament. (then repeat Friday night) Sunday go eat Hibachi, which is a restaurant experience where you get to see your food made in front of you, for the uninitiated.
But I can understand if this is not possible because of what else is going on at your house. So any more details you can provide on what will and won't be possible, would be helpful in helping those of us traveling 200+ miles away, and need to sell the trip to other would-be group members.

KowtowRobinson: We have a misunderstanding. I was using the phrase "headphone jack" to describe the connector hole for 3.5mm connectors, also known as 1/8". This standard is what almost all computer speakers run on, each connector carrying a stereo signal. You can NOT plug in a source to PC speaker's headphone jack, as you said that is only line out.
The idea is to plug the Xbox VGA cable's audio line directly into the PC speakers. Where it gets tricky is that a Xbox VGA cable has (2) RCA audio connectors, and comes with an adapter that makes then a single stereo 3.5mm connector. This connector is male. So if your PC speakers have a line in connector, it works easily. If they have a cable permanently attached to them that usually plugs into the sound card, then a double-female 3.5mm barrel jack would be needed to connect the two male ends of the Xbox VGA cable and the ghetto speaker cable.

Nuez: By reading the above, you should be able to determine how your "ghetto speakers" take signal, and if you need to stop by Radio Shack.
The Xbox VGA cable is $40 at Best Buy I think, and worth every penny. You can also find it for less online.

Well housing this time around will be supplied by Tim... so it wont be an issue... you'll just be staying across the street, instead of at my place.

Guys I have a problem. I have to work saturday til 3PM and I work in south DE. I will not be able to make it until atleast 7-8. Can you please hold my matches? I will be there just late. If you cant plz let me know now so I dont waste my gas.

Confirmed that I can go, probably just for casuals.
Look forward to meeting you folks~
Unfortunately, no TV.

So i might be able to come by Late night (10-12). Is that ok?

NYC PEOPLE!!!!

I'm in a good mood, so if needed, i cna meet some of the new guys at Penn Station and we can travel together by train so it wont be a lonely emo ride.
If noone replies - I'm taking the PATH to Newark, then the metropark train.

Hit me up on AIM if you want to go - CellPhonesKill

So i might be able to come by Late night (10-12). Is that ok?

Friday or Saturday? Saturday you'll have already missed the tourney lol.

And wtf fucking hurricane warnings, and we're all stuck in the garage haha. This is gonna be an interesting monthly.

I am 50/50 at present for this. I am getting some heads together for gaming tonight, and I will be trying to sell the trip to enough to get a good car full together. Might be a no-go, but maybe we'll end up rolling 2 cars deep. Sorry I can't be more definite.

Jaxel - thanks for the info, if I can make it I'll bring one game station for sure, maybe 2. Please please please make sure there is adequate seating. I am not a dirty floor sitter unlike so many Capcom players, I need to be in a chair. Thanks!

Bibulus - call me!

Crazypat has the flu or something, he wasnt at work today, and he told me he doesnt think he will be going to the tourney tomorrow.

so bad news is that we cant play in the tournament tomorow.. but if you guys are gonna have casuals anytme from 3pm to 6:30pm then we can come ..... we were really lookin forward to staying too... =(

ok so who from DE is def going then? so far in my car its Mattho, Nas, and Ace. (I can fit one more)

Hi i'm planing on arriving at the metropark train station around 2:45 pm tomorrow and was wondering if someone can pick me up. Please get back to me later today so i know what to do for tomorrow, thanks.

Yo if i come I won't be there til around 7pm ish. I have don't have jaxel's or anybody else's number.

PMd both of you my number, I won't be down there until 8ish friday night, but Saturday if you need a ride call me.

it depends on the weather. There's a flood warning for my county and a predicted 6-10inches of rain that my wife or myself don't feel like driving thru.

kpc - I have a full car me, darkilik, auto cannibal, Jeff, and Ryan

that was an intense setting man. Gaming in monsoon season. i had an awesome time playing casuals with a bunch of people. next time ill be in the tourney for sure. gotta go work on some cassie first. nice meeting all those people i met.

i had a great time guys ... thnx to everybody involved in makin it work even in the rain and big thnx to jaxel for obvious reasons ... u guys got urself another regular

PS ... Serge = ub3r stud ... so much sex with the hoes

Thanks for lettin us use ur cable kowtow ... we were able to keep that station dedicated to casuals for all us noobs cuz of u! gotta get me one of those

mlp - yo hit us up for some casuals anytime man ... VF or SC doesn't matter (well at least for me it doesnt)
Next time you see Solomon tell him wasup from me

Back