Team Crooked Jester September Soulcalibur IV Monthly

Jaxel

Administrator
A new game, a new fiscal year, and a new tournament series! This is our first tournament for Soul Calibur 4, so of course, rules are subject to change.

DATE AND LOCATION:

Event has passed...​

SOUL CALIBUR 4 RULES
  • Tournament will be run on PLAYSTATION3
  • Double Elimination Brackets
  • Sets 2/3 Matches in preliminary sets
  • Sets 3/5 Matches in semi-finals sets
  • Sets 4/7 Matches in grand-finals sets
  • Matches 3/5 Rounds in all sets
  • Rounds consist of 60 second time limit
  • Winner Character Lock (loser can switch)
  • Double Blind Character Selection available
  • Random Stage Selection for first match
  • Loser's Choice for subsequent matches
  • All stages are currently legal for play
  • All matches played at 100% health/gauge
  • Character Customization is legal
  • Custom Characters are banned
  • Button sequence mapping is banned
  • For exclusivity reasons, Vader banned
  • All infinites are banned! No exceptions
  • Pausing may result in forfeiture of round
  • Soft Reset will result in forfeiture of match
HOUSE RULES:
  • Squatting during casual play is prohibited (no calling "one more! rematch!")
  • You must take a shower before coming to our tournaments (no stinkers)
  • No smoking inside the house (thats what the garage and deck are for)
  • Be clean and courteous (clean up after yourself)
  • Don't walk in front of TVs when matches are being played.
  • Don't throw or punch the house sticks.
  • You can be banned from house stick use.
  • We reserve the right to ban people altogether.
  • We reserve the right to search anyone who is suspected of stealing.
  • Respect my house and other players in the tournament.
EQUIPMENT:

Crooked Jester does have their own house sticks! However, it is recommened that you bring your own controllers or sticks because each stick has a personal feel... and personally I would rather not people keep on breaking all of my sticks. If you are bringing your own stick, make sure to bring an appropriate converter; I will not be responsible for converter and controller issues.
The tournament will be run on 2 big screen televisions; all other TVs will be used for casuals and money matches. We have one 48" RCA Proscan SDTV and two 50" Sony WEGA SXRD HDTVs. Any match recorded on the main screen will be recorded and put on the web for download. You may request to not have your videos open to the public.

GAME AND HOUSE FEES:

Since the tournaments will be on console, there will be a tournament fee and house fee. The pot split will be 40%-20%-10%-30%.
  • $10 Soul Calibur 4
  • $5 Soul Calibur 4 Teams
Please don't be late. If you are going to be late, call us before hand so we can hold the start till you arrive. If you have been to one of our tournaments before, you should have recieved someone's phone number in which you can contact.

[9/6/08] Team Crooked Jester Soul Calibur 4 Monthly - Edison, NJ

this is gonna be my first tournament in a long ass time. expect to see everyone there getting messed up as usual

Its held on my BDay so Im gonna be REALLY fucked up

I'll bring an umbrella.

Me and Crazypat will be attending, if for anything to see alot of you peeps.

Ive found that old age and marriage have dulled most of my skill, but im still not a easy target by any means.

I get to get drunk with crazy pat! Nice!!!!

nice, good to see you guys making out here for this one. it's been a hella long time

Unless something comes up between now and then, I plan on being there.

you guys mind a total stranger showin up?

just posted on the NJ thread too ... i'll be driving in from queens so if you know anybody in that area that needs a ride over just lemme know ... since i'm new i'll even bring a bottle of jack as a sign that i come in peace =)

Dammit, I should have thought of that when I was there... Sorry, guys. I failed you.

Any idea as to what time this is all going down? I might be in the area early anyway but it'd be nice to know =P

I'd like to know the time as well. I want to get there early enough to get some casual games in.

time: usually starts in the early evening

Nuez: yeah, the tournament is open to all so come on by

Kazz: First round challenge *shakes fist*

you guys mind a total stranger showin up?

just posted on the NJ thread too ... i'll be driving in from queens so if you know anybody in that area that needs a ride over just lemme know ... since i'm new i'll even bring a bottle of jack as a sign that i come in peace =)

my kinda guy...archangel you shoulda known better. the only better way to roll into a stranger's party is with a blunt...

I might be able to make it to this. I'd so love to see Crooked Jester for the first time. I've been to tournaments, but I don't think I've personally met any members. I'd like to see Jason-L or Jer there, but don't think it will happen. I will still try and make it though. :)

my kinda guy...archangel you shoulda known better. the only better way to roll into a stranger's party is with a blunt...

I prefer something a little less illegal...

I know people are gonna look at me funny when I ask this, but whom is everyone playing? Tim, Chris, I am more looking at you two, but I am honestly curious to know whom is playing what characters as their mains.

Wouldnt mind knowing whom Jaxel is playing either, the last few weeks I have gained a bit of respect for him and his handling of the "unpleasantness". Will be fun to talk with you face to face. After speaking with Cha for a few hours a couple weeks ago, I knew the community was going through some shit, and he spoke pretty well of you.

Jaxel uses talim chris uses kilik and I use top tiers :P

For those of you who arent regulars the party starts friday most times so whenever someone wakes up sat its on... if everyone sleeps

Jay if your not going to be hosting all weekend just post it up

Back