Tech/ukemi stuff

E.C

[09] Warrior
Here's some tech/ukemi stuff. Please contribute!

Tech catches (i.e. after opp techs off ground, the follow-up move is guaranteed to hit them standing with no chance to block):
9B, 3B
-close, seems to catch all tech
-tiprange, only catches back tech, but launches

9B+K, 3B
-no launch

8B+K, BT 2K
-doesn't work on right tech

tiprange CH 44AA, 66A+B
-back tech only

tiprange CH 44AA, tiprange FC 1KK

tiprange FC 1KK, 8B+K
-left tech only

tiprange FC 1KK, 1_3A+B

tiprange CH 3A, 4(K)B

tiprange CH 3A, 2A+B

4A+K, 2A+B

3A+B, 8A+B

3A+B, 3B
-requires brief pause
-launches

Tech combos (i.e. opp can try to tech off the ground, but they'll get hit anyway and reset the combo damage scaling to boot):
CH 4KB, 3KK, 66A+B

CH 66KKK, 6B+K, 8B+K,4B,4B

44B, 44A+B
-can tech catch if slightly delayed

tiprange FC 1KK, 8B+K,4B,4B
-doesn't work on side tech

1A+B (wall), 8B+K,4B,4B

tiprange CH 44AA, 9B+K,6B,B

BT 2K, ?B+K,?B,?B
-the B followups depend on range

close 11B, ?B+K,?B,?B
-the B followups depend on range

Notes: for any of the stabby-hop combos:
-if very far range, 9B+K,6B,6B
-if far range, 9B+K,B,B
-if close range, 8B+K,4B,4B
-can tech-catch on backtech at far range
-YMMV

tiprange CH 3A, 44A+B

3A+B, 3B
-no pause

Tech setups (i.e. not guaranteed in any way):
Second hit of 7_8_9B+K series, you usually have a BT 2K or throw setup.

CH 6BB, 2A+B

A+B, 1A_2A+B

8A+B, 1A_2A+B

close WS B, 1A_2A+B

CH 3B, 1A_2A+B

6B+K, 11B
-requires brief pause

Good finds. I'll have to test 4KB, 3KK, 66A+B, because if that works then it'll be very useful.

For the life of me, and maybe I'm just not setting it up, I cannot hit 1_3A+B to stop teching. I guess I need to give them more of a reason to roll (more 3Bs).

I've found that with 4KB, 3KK, 66A+B, the last hit is susceptible to being avoided with a sidetech when the 4KB stuns off-axis (like in the CH 3A tech catch).

Another note about that combo, if you're slow on the 66A+B but the opp back techs, it'll tech catch.

44B, 44A+B
-can tech catch if slightly delayed

I found out nightmare can tech left to avoid this trap, and I assume most other characters can as well. Here's a replacement:

44B > 2A+B guaranteed+trap all direction, no timing needed just do fast

I think just spend some time in practice mode. Honestly, I keep missing it in match as well. But I do remember when I did it in practice mode it was consistent.

Question on the 4A+K - 2A+B, is it blockable or do they have to take either the on the ground or tech damage?

I have some traps, not tech traps...but must block situations, i'm not sure if to post them here. Maybe i'll open a guide to Mina wakeup thread or some shit

Inside tip range? As in up close? Or at tip range? I can see this being useful since 66A+B isn't hard to land.

Er, sorry. Should've explained that better. What I meant was that you have to hit it up close. Point-blank range works perfectly, and a bit further away works too. If you hit it at tip range, I think it's hard if not impossible to make 9B+K hit, especially if they tech back. But if you are in range, 9B+K will catch them whether they tech or not for a total of 45 damage or so. It's only that you'll need to use subsequent forward pogo (6B) to keep hitting them, but it's easily teched out of and underneath pogo (B) won't reach.

So yeah, close range is what you're looking for and it doesn't have to be in their face. I pretty much feel it's the best option to use after 66A+B hits.

That's good to know, as I'm sure a lot of us will use 66A+B for meaty Soul Damage. Does the 9B+K tech trap also apply to 44A+B? Just wanted to make sure.

Also, I have a question: You know that point where 44_66A+B shows a close-up of Mi-na whacking them and they slide away, but not far far away sometimes? Is iFC1B guaranteed off of that kind of hit? I seem to always land it with proper timing. I hope I explained that well enough for you guys to understand. ;~;

another mina oddity:
6K 8B+KB4B
opponent needs to be holding a non-crouching direction along with G to block the pogos

Just a tip for people who don't realize it with teching, on the occasional 66B tip where the person is just going to back/side tech away and have you miss your FC 1B, just wait half a second for them to tech and THEN followup, it'll do tip damage and I think more than the ground hit would have. If anyone blocks it this way (it might be a techtrap type thing?) it'll push them back and give you a tipped FC 1B against their gauge, so it's not horrible if they block it either.

Renki - I checked this 44A+B/FC 1B thing out and came up with this: You have to have 44A+B hit at point blank range. Then run floward slighty, and throw out FC 1B as fast as you can. It will in fact be tip ranged force block that's gonna be hard to punish for much of the cast. It can't be rolled or teched to the side. At the very least it'll damage their gauge.

I figured a forced blocked was at least the case. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Back