Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Unlimited

Wow, that's bad.

Anyway, I got that problem too with SC5. Great, smooth gameplay, but 1 bar connection. (And my speed test is like 31 down and 24 up). Someone told me it has something to do with something not responding in time, even though the connection is good, or something. But you really do have a 4 or 5 bar, but the method it uses to determine that fails, so it shows 1.

IDK I'm crap at networking. I changed a setting on my router last night then spent 2 hours trying to get it working again. Hardly got to play any Tekkens at all.

Wireless
2184866547.png

Yeah I have bad net but that doesn't explain why I'm given red ping despite the game being flawlessly smooth.

holy crap ... that is REALLY BAD... and wireless makes it even worse [more unstable] ... have you looked into getting high speed internet ?

This is my first Tekken I wanna play seriously although I play all the other ones casually but damn I'm grinding in this game mainly with Heihachi and EWGF and testing out Bryan and getting used to him and his style but here's my questions?

1. Is it bad for a newcomer like me to start playing a Mishima right away despite being a character I'm most comfortable with?

2. Is Bryan mainly a whiff punishment character or a poking character cause I'm seeing more pokes than anything?

3.This is mainly for Mishima players but how long it take you to master EWGF cause I've been at it for 9 days now and I can do EWGF at least 30-40% now which is decent starting out?

I live in the middle of nowhere with tiny mountains everywhere.

It looks worse than it is, the upload is average and download hardly matters unless its terribly low.

This is my first Tekken I wanna play seriously although I play all the other ones casually but damn I'm grinding in this game mainly with Heihachi and EWGF and testing out Bryan and getting used to him and his style but here's my questions?

1. Is it bad for a newcomer like me to start playing a Mishima right away despite being a character I'm most comfortable with?

2. Is Bryan mainly a whiff punishment character or a poking character cause I'm seeing more pokes than anything?

3.This is mainly for Mishima players but how long it take you to master EWGF cause I've been at it for 9 days now and I can do EWGF at least 30-40% now which is decent starting out?

as a 10+ year mishima vet, if you want to be truly proficient with mishimas, you'll have to up that rate to 95%. but no, mishima mains are not bad for starting out, but you'll have a higher / tougher learning curve than most people

2 - imo, bryan's more of a power hit character. he has some decent pokes, but has a lot of very powerful single hit moves

3 - that's decent for about a week. people will tell you that it usually takes years to master mishimas ... depends how much time you're willing to put and how fast of a learner you are ;P ... just think of it as a more leniant igdr

I live in the middle of nowhere with tiny mountains everywhere.
Word. BFE is a lonely place with no tournaments. At least there's online.

You said you've done everything with port forwarding, but have you set up a DMZ?

Word. BFE is a lonely place with no tournaments. At least there's online.

You said you've done everything with port forwarding, but have you set up a DMZ?

It's strange, the router settings wont let me DMZ something with a static IP.

as a 10+ year mishima vet, if you want to be truly proficient with mishimas, you'll have to up that rate to 95%. but no, mishima mains are not bad for starting out, but you'll have a higher / tougher learning curve than most people

2 - imo, bryan's more of a power hit character. he has some decent pokes, but has a lot of very powerful single hit moves

3 - that's decent for about a week. people will tell you that it usually takes years to master mishimas ... depends how much time you're willing to put and how fast of a learner you are ;P ... just think of it as a more leniant igdr
Thanks for the info and the most time I put in training mode for this game so far and it was 6-8 hours and that was on EWGF alone. Maybe I should do it again later this week and see how the results are and try to figure some Bryan/Heihachi tag combos.

^thanks!
I've been picking up tekken again on my 360 and i don't really know how to use anyone other than xiaoyu.
what characters are there that aren't too hard to use

Its a BT Homehub 2.
... A wireless router? You don't have an ethernet cable or something?

It seems you can have your PS3 on a dynamic IP, and just put it in the DMZ using the PS3's MAC address?
On the ps3 got to network connection settings then do easy and all automatic. Then the ps3 will appear in dmz list

DMZ on the homehub is a bit different, if you set it to a static ip, in the ps3, it'll disappear in the list.

you need to remove the settings on your ps3 first,

and then go into the homehub,

and set it so the dhcp always gives your PS3 the same ip address.

and then you can put it in the DMZ

Assign your PS3 a dynamic IP address (DHCP) - then in the HomeHub configuration tick the 'always give this device the same IP addres box', then assign the application service to the PS3. It's a bug in the firmware of a lot of routers (BT homehub, Speedtouch). This is what I had to do on my old Speedtouch 585v6 router and it works fine.

C-PK posts a long explanation down at the bottom. Message 5 and 6.

I've been hearing you may get DNS errors. In which case, I dunno... But you should have your PS3 connected directly to your router, don't play online wirelessly connected.

Some people are saying that it's the router, and they got a different brand and it fixed their problem.
what characters are there that aren't too hard to use
You can just play solo! Right?

I have my eyes on Jack/Alisa/Bruce/Dragunov. I only like simple execution characters, so maybe that will help you out.

Back