Tekken V Soul Calibur4

True, you can technically like both games...

I'm mainly a Soulcalibur player... but a good friend of mine is really into his Tekken, so I got myself a copy of Tekken 6 just for his sake.. & in turn, he got a copy of SC4 and promised he'd get good enough to give me a decent challenge. ^_^

So far (..approx 2 months), my friend picked up his SC4 game very quickly; getting pretty decent with Raph & Amy... he's now at a decent, progressive level.. good enough so I don't have to 'dumb down' my SC4 game & hold back too much.. ^_~ ...and he now has a really good appreciation of BOTH games.

...on the flipside, the rather steep learning curve of Tekken has somewhat slowed down my own progression with it; my friend is still kicking my sorry arse at it without breaking a sweat.. =_=

I mean, sure... I'm starting to get the appeal of this Tekken malarkey, but the huge amount of combo/strings you have to try & commit to muscle memory (& apparently, you really have to do this for all the characters to be any good at this game... =_=) is rather intimidating.. & for someone like me who now doesn't have the amount of time that I can commit for the intensive training this game needs (married, with a child & full-time job to hold on to...etc.. =_=) ...It can all be too much.. =(

...I just end up popping in my SC4 disk into my Xbox & getting sum relaxed online sessions w/ sum friends @ the end of a long day at work.. Instead of stressing myself out trying to get my head around as to why my EWGF execution isn't working etc.. >_< LOL!

...I'll probably get good enough to play against my friend at T6 by the time they release Tekken 7.. ..with the amount of time its taking me to train myself at this silly game... >_<

That's not exactly true.

VF5R might have tiers, but there's no way you can call that game imbalanced, yet all of the fighters are unique.

Tiers means the game is imbalanced to some degree. not all the characters have 5-5 matchups with each other

I am right and you are wrong

you can like both games... you know...

I do.

LIES

...I'll probably get good enough to play against my friend at T6 by the time they release Tekken 7.. ..with the amount of time its taking me to train myself at this silly game... >_<

Tekken 7 will have 70 playable characters and you will just have to learn all over again. you are doomed

EWGF is easy... I get pissed off cause i can't do JFSR for the life of me and this shmuck of a korean started playing tekken 6 a week ago, and he pulls off JFSR's like nothing now. I'm like you fucker! argh!!!!!!!!

jfsr = just frame sky rocket. (hwoarang just frame)

oh i want to be a hater so bad.... i want to hate on this dude... can i hate on him? please? is it okay if i hate on this dude? i mean yo... A WEEK! i'm like you bastard! you just start playin this game.. and a week in, you got JFSR's down pact... OH i want to hurt him.. take him outside and play real tekken. oh god.... I want to hate on this dude... i need permission to hate on this dude.

I like both games. It's just I'm better at Soul Calibur than Tekken.
But Tekken can be just as fun. Combos after combos after......crap I fucked up......KO. xD

I've seen a ton of people complain about the JFSR but I tried it the first day I popped in the game and it came out right away. But then again I see people easily master SC4 just frames that I have concluded that I'll never realistically do consistently(like Asura JF and JF umbrella).

I personally like SC4 a lot more than tekken mostly because tekken is too dependent on juggles, it's like everyone gets to be Hilde except instead of ring outs you just get a nice chunk of damage. I mean I like a game where the match cant be determined by landing a few moves.

Tiamat

IMO a fighting game is balanced enough as long as the worst match up ratio is 4:6 and there aren't an overwhelming number match ups of that ratio either and no one character is stuck with all good/bad match ups. SC4 would be perfect if the difference in ability between the top tiers and bottom tiers weren't so vast. I personally just want a bottom tier player player to have a realistic chance to beat the best top tier player without putting 10 times as much effort into the game.

Tiamat

IMO a fighting game is balanced enough as long as the worst match up ratio is 4:6 and there aren't an overwhelming number match ups of that ratio either and no one character is stuck with all good/bad match ups. SC4 would be perfect if the difference in ability between the top tiers and bottom tiers weren't so vast. I personally just want a bottom tier player player to have a realistic chance to beat the best top tier player without putting 10 times as much effort into the game.
Well, they can still play as the Bryants if they do want to put in 10x the effort. Neither are really considered tournament threats tier wise in VF5.

you can like both games... you know...

I do.
Yes but there can be an instance where someone may say they like the other one better.

Back on topic I prefer Soul Calibur only because I play this game for a long time and Tekken 6 is just the beginning fo me.

To elaborate, as many of you obviously know already, Tekken 6 is overall more complicated than Soul Calibur.

If I were to name one of the difficult aspects of Tekken is the way characters get up from the ground. Being a scrub at Tekken I was confused how to roll left or right and finding out that one of the ways to roll is by holding a certain punch button thus there are other means of getting up which are also complicated but I'll explain no further.

However, the only aspect I find easy in Tekken is blocking. Just by standing there you already block both highs and mids. Soul Calibur 4 you have to hold G.

There are two things I want from Tekken 6's training mode that I also want to be featured in Soul Calibur.
-Command Display, to indicate what moves you input
-Opponent's command moves to have the opponent perform that move to you.

Only thing I don't like about Tekken's training mode.
No 2nd action to block after performing a certain attack; how can I tell if what move he/she performs is safe? That means I have to grab a friend and tell him/her to block right after performing that hit. Besides I'm a lonely bastard with no friends >;(.

EWGF is easy...

..I just want 2 clarify that we are talking about the same EWGF (electric wind godfist) here... & that you're not referring to its 'lesser' variant WGF (..er.. wind godfist.. >_<) by mistake.. because anyone can do the latter. =P

...from Devil Jin's..

WGF Wind Godfist
Official name on the Game Command List: Rising Uppercut

F, n, D, DF, 2

Description:
Standard launcher.. meh speed, slow enough to be stepped/blocked.. Pretty unsafe on block..
Electricity fx only when opponent gets hit.

============================================================================

EWGF Electric Wind Godfist
Move NOT documented on the Command List

F, n, D, DF+2 (3 frames to input 2 straight after DF.. >_<)

Description:
Launcher comes out super fast.. hard to read early enough to step & has pushback & stun on block.. making it relatively safe.. Electricity Fx in BOTH hit & block.. & did I say the BIG pushback & block stun if opponent guards?? >_<

Presently, I can pul off the EWGF 1 in every 3-4 attempts.. but I'd rather get this down well enough so it comes out everytime.. I mean, who would not want a superfast, safe launcher ready to pull out of the hat in their game? Especially if the game doesn't have air-control for launched opponents.. >_<

Anyways, If we are not talking about the same move.. then I hope you are enlightened..

..If you were both referring to the same move.. then I bow to your superior input skills.. ^_^

LOL!

...anyways, on-topic.. yeh, LIKE BOTH GAMES BIATCH!! >_< ...even if tekken is not very newbie friendly.. =/

Peace

SC4 1.03 > Vanilla T6

T6 BR > SC4 1.03

Broken Destiny > T6 BR

T6 BR is an excellent game and much better than any version of T5.

I'll always put SC over Tekken but I can't excuse the piss poor job Project Soul did on SC4 balance. It's inexcusable.

T6 BR is a work of love and it shows. It deserves all the praises it gets.

EWGF is not "relatively safe".. it's actually +5 on block or thereabouts. but it is high and steppable.

JFSR is not that hard once you learn the trick.. you can't really do it from CD since there is no "d" input; it's just f,n,d/f+3. similar to Kazuya's EWGF or Heihachi's blue sparkle shoryuken.

i'd say the tier gap is less of an issue in T6BR than in SCIV 1.03

Back