The AMAZING SC5 Online General Discussion Thread

Thats just you being a dick. Obviously the guy was new to the game, and then you do things like that? Really? Thats not something to brag about. Thats what ruins a community!

Not cool
Dislike playing Hustleman and Fenris for similar reasons. Why play when you can troll? LOLOL?!?

Nah. F that.

No one is stopping you guys from being a dick to new players. It may not seem like it sometimes, but the point of an online community like 8wayrun is not to shit on new players. It's your game that you paid for and you can do what you want with it. No one is trying to dispute that, but what Dave is trying to say is the shit you put into the community is effectively what we're all going to get out of it later. If a new player is inspired and keeps playing the game that makes our community stronger. If you play to humiliate new players, that only hurts us in the end.

Please tell me you're not being serious -_-

The whole point was dealing with the lag the player was causing, it amusing me that it worked, and then apparently I made the grave mistake of sharing it(the idea being that maybe someone else would find it mildly humorous that spamming 3B nonstop would work even in lag). Yeah. Nice.

I'm currently 105 losses, 17 victories.

I choose to play skilled players who know what they're doing because I want to get better. I don't mind losing that much.

No one is stopping you guys from being a dick to new players. It may not seem like it sometimes, but the point of an online community like 8wayrun is not to shit on new players. It's your game that you paid for and you can do what you want with it. No one is trying to dispute that, but what Dave is trying to say is the shit you put into the community is effectively what we're all going to get out of it later. If a new player is inspired and keeps playing the game that makes our community stronger. If you play to humiliate new players, that only hurts us in the end.

Pfft we all know every prominent person on this site has never helped anyone ever and these kids are just following our example.

Please tell me you're not being serious -_-
Forgive me be trollin'. Of course I wasn't D: I'm a kindred soul who helps people learn the game :)
I especially hate people who do that with 2 bars or less. It's like I block a 3B, know that it is -18 on block and use the appropriate punish for it only to eat something else because of lag. It's like blocking is negative on block, if that made any sense.

-_-

...Karma apparently. I decided to be nice(and in absolutely no way stroke my ego in the process) and deal with epic lag playing with what I'm convinced is an alt account. That was like right after I did my 3B spam run.

And from this whole debacle I've learned the very important lesson that being nice is a very bad thing.

To be quite honest, I'm surprised that people are getting worked up about the treatment of new players in this game.

Typically, when it comes to fighting game communities, many people tend to have a "get over it scrub" mentality when it comes to stuff like this, which probably contributes to the often niche status of most fighting games.

Who says im tryin to be funny? Apparently you lack the ability to have an inteligent debate if your just gonna resort to angry posts of the "fuck off" nature. My point is proven. Good day....

I said good day!!

Soul Calibur School!

Lesson 1: G Button!

Lesson 2: 8-way-run!

If It wasnt for the simple fact that you can easily just boot the guy and move on with life. But no you decided to humiliate
The guy and upload a video of it. How in the world is that being nice?
He humiliated himself.

Lesson 3: Crossbow!

TBH there's not really a learning resource for new players, they have to figure it out for themselves right now. And I mean, the core concepts are pretty damn hard to grasp if you're not told them outright.

They're kind of left hanging. And... I sure as hell don't have the capture equipment to make any sorts of tutorials.

As for "don't pick on the new guy", I spam... I spam on everyone. No discrimination. All y'all can get it.

... but I usually go out of my way to avoid public rooms.

Only pros know, understand, and appreciate that run-up throw three times in a row is a master tactic.

I've always thought it was funny that for a such a simple goal (beat the everlasting pulp out of your opponents), fighting games are pretty difficult to play and learn.

Back