The Arcade Stick and Convertor Thread & List

have an all sanwa namco ps1 $200 and my old spiked custom sanwa ps2 wireless $275 for sale. (also willing to remod either for nextgen) email if interested.

Just like to throw my information out there:

As a 360 owner, I've only been able to get my hands on the Hori EX2, Hori VF5 EX2, and the Hori SC4 EX2. Between us, we've got 4 different sticks, and here are their stories:

1. Hori SC4 Stick (Dragon). Two months after use, buttons started sticking. Modded it w/ Sanwa buttons & 8 way gate, didn't mess up anything inside. Turns out the logic on the board went bad; B+K would result in a B, and K would be unusable for four or five presses. We're still trying to fix it.

2. Hori VF5 Stick (Knight). A year after use, 2 on the stick stopped working. We opened it up, one of the connecting wires' solder had broken off. Stripped the end, hooked it in, e-taped it, slid the wire solder cover back on. Works again. Modded it w/ Sanwa & 8 way while it was open.

3. Hori EX2 Stick (Gwendolyn). No problems after 6 months, was on a modding spree and we decided to put in Sanwa & 8 way gate. No problems after modding.

4. Hori SC4 Stick (SC). No problems after a month. When we got it, we installed another 8 way, but that's about it.

Just received my custom from Godspu, tested it at a co-worker's place over an extended lunch break. Heres a quick review. Not as indepth as Rekano's and I guess is more about the overall process than anything else. Pics are on the review, not the greatest lighting though =/

P1010388.jpg

I have to play SC4 on a 360 Controller....

When I go over my other brothers house, I use the PS2 Saturn Controller with the Real Adapter when we have SC4 for the PS3

Alright Gamers, i am going to tell you guys about a great investment i just made.

I have been playing on a namco stick for a long time. Over the years i have been wearing the stick down and i have had to re-solder the buttons.

I did some research and found that this stick was easily modded by installing a different stick and buttons. However, i did not have the means to do the modification myself. I posted on caliburforum and got an immediate response from godspu.

Godspu had very good communication with emails and he listened to what i wanted done. He also suggested a clear lexan bottom and adding a graphic to the top.

Here is the result: Graphic from Samurai Champloo featuring Jin.

[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6818/dsc00397ia5.th.jpg]

[img=http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/8858/dsc00400kh3.th.jpg]

[img=http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/473/dsc00405zv6.th.jpg]

[img=http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3632/dsc00408ia6.th.jpg]

I chose a sanwa stick because i learned the mod makes your stick height higher than the namco hori and i got big hands. It seems to be mounted to the top plate of the stick.

The buttons are sanwa 30mm pushbuttons which are very precise. The seem to be soldered directly into the board. At first i would miss 1+2 inputs in tekken but now i am used to it. Now i feel buying this stick has made me a better player. All of my inputs are very precise.

Godspu also has a modified namco hori for sale. Email him if your interested.

I use this stick with an adapter to play on ps3. I am very happy with it. I have already talked with godspu about my next stick, which will be a ps3 stick so i don't have converter lag.

In my opinion, Godspu is the man for your stick needs.

^That is beautiful. Doesn't hurt to have stick art of the best Champloo character. ;)

If my PS1 Namco ever bites the dust (I surely hope not! I love nearly everything about the stick), a Godspu mod will definitely be foremost in my mind.

InPin converter owns

Godspu also owns. Once he's done, I'll have a top quality stick that can play just about every fighting game (EXCEPT DOA3 AND GUILTY GEAR RELOAD OH NO).

Even then dude you've got Reload for DL on XBL, and I'm pretty sure DOA 3 is back-compat :D

And I dunno. Jin is definitely awesome but I still say that Mugen won in the end. Jin would just walk away if he saw that Mugen wasn't up to par but Mugen would kill Jin if he turned his back on him :P Either way awesome stick Bill, and great work godspu!

i just ordered those inPin converters.. I hope they're as good as you guys say they are. because i tried a cheap generic converter and it was garbage.. so much lag....

Back